What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

jdanddiet

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by jdanddiet » Thu May 24, 2012 11:57 am

Katzkatz wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:Anyone watching Awake? Like a bit of Jason Isaacs and seems an intriguing premise.
Yep, I have seen the first two episode so far. Unfortunately it has been cancelled. :twisted:
Bah!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu May 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Megamixer wrote:Last nights The Apprentice. Loved the double firing :)
Yeah, that Steve's a bit of a gobshite, good to see him go. Thought Ricky was hilarious, three identical meals in one day!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu May 24, 2012 5:25 pm

crusto wrote:Ive been watching Eddie Murphy in Delirious and RAW recently. He is hilarious. Considering they were filmed in 83 and 87 respectively they have aged incredibly well. I highly recommend them to anyone who hasnt seen them.

They are great, just gotta prepare yourself for the racism, sexism and the like that very few comedians would be prepared to go to in today's politically correct world. If only Eddie Murphy would embrace his comedy potential again. :(
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu May 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Finally saw Avengers at the cinema with the missus, very good indeed.

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Just watched Dark of the Moon. Well over the top with more slow mo than standard speed, or so it seems. Still watched it all though, not the worst film I have ever seen.

Eat your nans pants

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu May 24, 2012 6:09 pm

crusto wrote:Just watched Dark of the Moon. Well over the top with more slow mo than standard speed, or so it seems. Still watched it all though, not the worst film I have ever seen.
It's certainly better than Revenge of the Fallen, at any rate.

Saw GoldenEye again earlier, and I still say it's the better one out of all the Brosnan Bond movies.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 am

JetSetWilly wrote:
crusto wrote:Just watched Dark of the Moon. Well over the top with more slow mo than standard speed, or so it seems. Still watched it all though, not the worst film I have ever seen.
It's certainly better than Revenge of the Fallen, at any rate.

Saw GoldenEye again earlier, and I still say it's the better one out of all the Brosnan Bond movies.
I AM INVINCIBLE!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 am

Watching loads of Seinfeld. Mostly series 2. The Chinese Restaurant episode is a stone cold classic.

God Elaine was tasty.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 am

JetSetWilly wrote:
Yeah, it is probably Bosman's best Bond film. Did a very good job of bringing the films back after the cold war era and making them relevant. The film has some decent set pieces(bungee jump, tank chase, fight in the sauna, the escapes from the helicopter and train, the scene with Boris and the pen, fight on the radio telescope). Plus, unlike Quantum of Sh1t it has a coherent plot. Decent baddies as well and supporting characters. It also got turned into a decent video game - but that is another story.

Last night I caught up with more 'Grimm'. I think there is going to be a big reveal at the end of the season.

I then watched more of 'Justified'. Plus, more of 'The Good Wife'.

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm

On the subject of Brosnan Bond films, which is the one with absolutely diabolical special effects? Iirc it may have some sort of surfing scene in it. But I honestly couldnt believe it was actually from the 90's when I saw it.

Eat your nans pants

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 pm

crusto wrote:On the subject of Brosnan Bond films, which is the one with absolutely diabolical special effects? Iirc it may have some sort of surfing scene in it. But I honestly couldnt believe it was actually from the 90's when I saw it.
Die Another Day. It also featured an invisible car and Madonna! That is all you need to know about that film! It was released in 2002.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat May 26, 2012 1:33 pm

I watched some 'Hit and Miss'. It is the new drama on Sky. Hmm, quite unusual. About a transsexual hitwoman and her adopted family. I'll give it a watch, but it hasn't entertained me that much.

I then watched more of 'Prisoners of War'. The Israeli TV drama on which 'Homeland' was adapted from. Decent enough. With this version, you see the second prisoner's life more. It also isn't as flashy edited and the Secret Service agents lives are not as much in the programme.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat May 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Katzkatz wrote:
crusto wrote:On the subject of Brosnan Bond films, which is the one with absolutely diabolical special effects? Iirc it may have some sort of surfing scene in it. But I honestly couldnt believe it was actually from the 90's when I saw it.
Die Another Day. It also featured an invisible car and Madonna! That is all you need to know about that film! It was released in 2002.
I actually went to the cinema to watch that, and I thought it was pretty good at the time. I still do, but it is the weakest of the Brosnan Bonds, with awful CGI, and a plot that's been ripped from Diamonds Are Forever wholesale.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

K1NGARTH3R

Post by K1NGARTH3R » Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Watched Hobo with a Shotgun this morning, what a crazy film - well worth a watch :o

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun May 27, 2012 5:10 am

K1NGARTH3R wrote:Watched Hobo with a Shotgun this morning, what a crazy film - well worth a watch :o
"When life gives you razorblades, make a baseball bat...with razorblades on it" :lol: :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........