What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Alien Vs Ninja. Really fun film with some brilliantly choreographed fights :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Arque

Post by Arque » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Joey wrote:Has anyone seen Battleship yet?

Seems to have poor reviews but i love scifi/alien films and im ok with a bit of mediocrity.
Hoping to see it this weekend. Either that or Lockout. Lockout, good script. Battleship, SPECIAL EFFECTS. So, I think it will be Battleship. I'll let you know if you can wait.

Arque

Post by Arque » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Katzkatz wrote:I watched 3 more episodes of the BBC drama 'White Heat'. So so.
Yes, BBC Drama (tm). Not what it was these days. All written by nepotic post-grads in touch with da peeple. It's the Wurther's Originals version of the 70's.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Just finished watching 10 Things I hate About You.

Haven't seen it for years and still enjoyed it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:23 am

Rayne wrote:Browsing on netflix I decided to watch South Park for the first time.

40 episodes later and I'm still going, it's just utter, utter genius! The parody on high school musical, awesome-o, cartmanland, the release of the Sony PSP and many, many more.
They are some good episodes you've seen there. I'd forgotten about the PSP one.

Have you seen the 'Family Guy' episode?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 am

Walking Dead.

Im overly cautious getting into tv series as they either get cancelled due to lack of comprehension or move to Sky where I cannot and will not watch them.

Oddly I saw the last 2 episodes first and enjoyed them,now watching re-runs and i'm 3 episodes in. May have to invest in the dvd set as the multitudinous ad breaks are very annoying.

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 am

shiftytigger wrote:Walking Dead.

Im overly cautious getting into tv series as they either get cancelled due to lack of comprehension or move to Sky where I cannot and will not watch them.

Oddly I saw the last 2 episodes first and enjoyed them,now watching re-runs and i'm 3 episodes in. May have to invest in the dvd set as the multitudinous ad breaks are very annoying.

This has already switched to SKY! :(

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 am

dste wrote:Just finished watching 10 Things I hate About You.

Same here for me too, a proper guilty feel good film :D Am guessing you found it on I think it was Film 4 last night too. I was singing at the end :oops:

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 am

I watched 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' on dvd, that was an interesting film, not one I would watch it again.

Another one 'The Final Destination 5', I had held off watching this one for a while and am glad I did I'm usually fan of the series, but I think it should come to an end as I fell it's run it's course. Might have been different in 3D on the big screen, the story was poor and the characters was not very likeable.

On the big screen I watched 'Shaun Of The Dead' with the Flash back Odeon are offering on a Monday evenings, was brilliant to finally to get to watch it on the big screen. I had missed the first time, very funny and very timeless.

And finally couldn't sleep Saturday night, ended up watching 'Walk The Line' on TV (I own the DVD don't know why I do this often), just love the story of Johnny Cash and Joaquin Phoenix is brilliant and then I sat and watched 'Romeo and Juliet' the one with Leo DiCaprio, admittedly I had to put the subtitles on, still think this is a brilliant way of showing a classic Shakespear and also think the same of 'Ten Things I Hate About You', really good way of conveying the story over.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 am

^^ lol final destination ran it's course at the end of the first one imo
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

stvd wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:Walking Dead.

This has already switched to SKY! :(
I think the first season has been shown on FiveUSA. The second season on FX. I assume that FiveUSA are going to get the rights to the second season, but who knows for sure.
Arque wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:I watched 3 more episodes of the BBC drama 'White Heat'. So so.
Yes, BBC Drama (tm). Not what it was these days. All written by nepotic post-grads in touch with da peeple. It's the Wurther's Originals version of the 70's.
Hehehhehehe. An interesting critique of the program, anyway, I finished it off last night. Hmmm, the BBC have produced better dramas. I then watched some more 'True Blood(season 4)'.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Started to watch Sucker Punch earlier, but turned it off after 45 minutes. Biggest pile of censored I've ever seen. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've just finished watching Thor, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bring on The Avengers and Thor 2 I say.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:20 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:Another one 'The Final Destination 5', I had held off watching this one for a while and am glad I did I'm usually fan of the series, but I think it should come to an end as I fell it's run it's course. Might have been different in 3D on the big screen, the story was poor and the characters was not very likeable.
I've never found any of the characters likeable.
rtrgrl78 wrote:On the big screen I watched 'Shaun Of The Dead' with the Flash back Odeon are offering on a Monday evenings, was brilliant to finally to get to watch it on the big screen. I had missed the first time, very funny and very timeless.
Shaun Of The Dead is such a funny film, a firm favourite of mine - wish I'd seen it at the cinema though.
rtrgrl78 wrote:And finally couldn't sleep Saturday night, ended up watching 'Walk The Line' on TV (I own the DVD don't know why I do this often), just love the story of Johnny Cash and Joaquin Phoenix is brilliant
It's a brilliant film, often overlooked by many. There's a real sense of feeling and humanity, not to mention some really good music (if you're into that sort of music, that is) - haven't seen it in a while, didn't realise it was on TV recently, otherwise I'd have watched it again.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

watched death note II (finally),i was surprised how close to the manga they kept it.i enjoyed it even with the bad acting,i'll probably start the animated one tonight.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

dste

Post by dste » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:
dste wrote:Just finished watching 10 Things I hate About You.

Same here for me too, a proper guilty feel good film :D Am guessing you found it on I think it was Film 4 last night too. I was singing at the end :oops:
Aye, watched it on Film4. I love the song at the end, keep meaning to pick up the soundtrack but never get round to it. Might pop into That's Entertainment in the next couple of days and see if they have it on the cheap.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!