What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:58 am

I watched more of 'The Good Wife' and 'The Big C'. Both of them were good, but 'The Big C' episode was a bit sad.

I then watched 'Thor'. Big, bold, brash and colourful. Lots of special effects as well and Anthony Hopkins(as well as Natalie Portman). It was fun in a leave your brain outside way. Not in the same league as Superman I and II, the Nolan Batmans or the first two Spiderman films. The story wasn't really there.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14919
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Last night I watched Eight-Legged Freaks which was a disappointment. I say that because I remember really enjoying this film back when it first came out but re-watching it on DVD last night the characters were boring/irritating, the humour not that good and the action itself was a bit 'meh'.

I wouldn't say it was a bad movie at all but it's still difficult to recommend.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
The Angry Jock
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: In about it

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Coming to America is on ITV again for te 12th time this month and of course I am watching it again, because it's just too brilliant.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by crusto » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Coming to America is on ITV again for te 12th time this month and of course I am watching it again, because it's just too brilliant.
Im watching Willow with my nipper, great film and all. But would love to be watching Coming to America instead. An outstanding film.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Sputryk
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:16 am
Location: Cobbydale

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Sputryk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 pm

When The Last Sword Is Drawn. A Japanese Samurai movie. Wonderful and thought-provoking.

Stainy
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 3:41 am

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Stainy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:35 am

Watching Touch and Awake at the moment.. Along with Fringe..

Movies... Another Earth and Love were brilliant low budget movies..

Watched Ink the other day.. Not bad for $250,000

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14919
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re-watched one of my favourites last night: The Crow :) . Such a good film.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RichL
Posts: 693
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by RichL » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm

I watched Flight of The Navigator yesterday!! Love that film.

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 pm

The Hunger Games. Crap cinematography, crap direction, blatent theft of IP, but still an enjoyable enough film.
Image

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Watched Let Me In last night. A remake of a recent Swedish film, but it was actually quite enjoyable. Was a bit slow to start with, but once it got going, it was alright. For a change of pace, this afternoon, I watched The Core. It's not a bad film, and the scientific inaccuracies are enough to make Stephen Hawking cry, but for modern disaster B-movie, it was ok.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by crusto » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Watched Let Me In last night. A remake of a recent Swedish film, but it was actually quite enjoyable. Was a bit slow to start with, but once it got going, it was alright. For a change of pace, this afternoon, I watched The Core. It's not a bad film, and the scientific inaccuracies are enough to make Stephen Hawking cry, but for modern disaster B-movie, it was ok.
Thats the one with the young girl out of Kick Ass in it, right? Shes a great young actress. Kick Ass is a kick ass film btw, I laughed out loud alot when watching it.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
JetSetWilly
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg!
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm

crusto wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Watched Let Me In last night. A remake of a recent Swedish film, but it was actually quite enjoyable. Was a bit slow to start with, but once it got going, it was alright. For a change of pace, this afternoon, I watched The Core. It's not a bad film, and the scientific inaccuracies are enough to make Stephen Hawking cry, but for modern disaster B-movie, it was ok.
Thats the one with the young girl out of Kick Ass in it, right? Shes a great young actress. Kick Ass is a kick ass film btw, I laughed out loud alot when watching it.
I think it is, yeah. I thought she looked familiar. But, I must say, I didn't enjoy Kick-Ass at all. I thought it was quite boring, at the start. I might go back to it at some point, mainly because I actually like Nicholas Cage's films.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

User avatar
Vyothric
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am
Contact:

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Vyothric » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:19 pm

I finally got round to watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy last week. Wasn't impressed.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by crusto » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

:shock:
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
greenberet79
Posts: 3352
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 am

Vyothric wrote:I finally got round to watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy last week. Wasn't impressed.
Fair play for watching ten hours of something you didn't like!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest