What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Treguard

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Treguard » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:27 am

firebreather wrote:Anyone else been watching this season of Being Human, think its been suprisingly good despite losing most of the main cast, cant believe the season is alsmost over seems like it only just started again.
Yeah, it does seemed to have wandered all over the place a bit trying to introduce two new lead characters and the overall plot seems to have been lost a bit, they're going to have a lot to wrap up in the final episode.

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Recently watched Conatgion and Vanishing on 7th Street. Both ok films.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:05 am

firebreather wrote:Anyone else been watching this season of Being Human, think its been suprisingly good despite losing most of the main cast, cant believe the season is alsmost over seems like it only just started again.
I've really been enjoying the new series. I didn't think it would be any good without George & Mitchell, but Hal & Tom are fantastic characters and work really well together. I think they've brought back some of the humour that was lacking in the last series.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 am

Last night I watched the first episode of Dexter. Not what I was expecting at all, very odd. Not entirely sure if I like it or not, but will watch a couple more episodes at least.

Also watched Angels & Demons on Sunday night. I was a bit sceptical at first because I thought The Da Vinci Code was a complete let down compared to the book, but A&D wasn't too bad at all.
It's been years since I read the book, but I'm fairly convinced Robert Langden went up in the helicopter at the end instead of the Priest? Although the film adaptation made sense I guess.
I really like Ewan McGregor, but his accent didn't fit in at all :lol:

PhoenixAsh

Post by PhoenixAsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 am

Hitman_HalStep wrote:the fast and the furious five/fast and furious five/fast five-whichever one it is i watched it last night,not a bad go with it film but what was wrong with the rock? pretty much every scene with him in he was sweating heavily,strange cliffhanger ending though.
Just out of interest, what do you mean by the cliffhanger ending? I ask as I saw it the other night and thought it tied everything up as far as the main plot was concerned (unless you mean the race between the two friends at the end).

As for me, I saw The Descendants the other night at my local independent - thought it was a a slow moving but affecting drama with some great understated performances. Clooney has definitely picked some interesting films to be in over the past few years.
My 'Retro Revisited' OneADay Blog - http://retrorevisited.tumblr.com/

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 am

PhoenixAsh wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:the fast and the furious five/fast and furious five/fast five-whichever one it is i watched it last night,not a bad go with it film but what was wrong with the rock? pretty much every scene with him in he was sweating heavily,strange cliffhanger ending though.
Just out of interest, what do you mean by the cliffhanger ending? I ask as I saw it the other night and thought it tied everything up as far as the main plot was concerned (unless you mean the race between the two friends at the end).
it's one of those after the credits scenes where the rock is in his office and the girl (undercover cop) from the second film comes in and shows him a file,in it is a picture.that's the who/why/how cliffhanger ending.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Andy L

Post by Andy L » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:35 am

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Wanted - two very good films, particularly the former!

PhoenixAsh

Post by PhoenixAsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 am

Hitman_HalStep wrote: it's one of those after the credits scenes where the rock is in his office and the girl (undercover cop) from the second film comes in and shows him a file,in it is a picture.that's the who/why/how cliffhanger ending.
Ah right, that explains it - I didn't see the end of credits bit. :)
My 'Retro Revisited' OneADay Blog - http://retrorevisited.tumblr.com/

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

I watched a load of 'The Walking Dead' episodes from season 2. The later episodes have improved it quite a bit. The series is coming to the end of this season. A few surprises in the storyline.

I then watched episode 13 from season 4 of 'Fringe'. Oh dear! Unlucky for some(see the ending of this episode).

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Watching 'Aliens' the special edition on E4!
Watching so many times love watching it again! :)

Best quote Hudson's says 'Game Over Man! Game Over!' :D

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 am

Started on 3 new shows this week.

Alcatraz - started not bad. Am hoping for more though

Touch - Brilliant show. Keifer Sutherland plays his part exceptionally well. Looking forward to episode 2 next week. By the guy who did Heroes so there are tons of interlinking stories, but pull together nicely.

Awake - Another fantastic show. Cop living two alternate lives after a car crash. One with his son dead and wife alive, the other with the wife alive and son dead. Really enjoying this.

Going to try House of Lies later.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:14 am

I watched more of 'The Good Wife' and 'The Big C'. Great to see Michael J. Fox in 'The Good wife' again. His character is interesting.

I then watched the film version of 'The Singing Detective'. It does follow the TV series pretty closely(although transporting the story to an American setting), but it loses a lot of what made the TV series so special, despite the fact that Potter wrote the script for it shortly before he died.

Ohhh... and season 4 of 'Breaking Bad' has arrived in the post. It was a German DVD import. Going to try and watch that soon. I thought that season 3 was great. Hopefully, this season will be good as well.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 am

SirClive wrote:Started on 3 new shows this week.

Alcatraz - started not bad. Am hoping for more though

Touch - Brilliant show. Keifer Sutherland plays his part exceptionally well. Looking forward to episode 2 next week. By the guy who did Heroes so there are tons of interlinking stories, but pull together nicely.

Awake - Another fantastic show. Cop living two alternate lives after a car crash. One with his son dead and wife alive, the other with the wife alive and son dead. Really enjoying this.

Going to try House of Lies later.
Whatched House of Lies earlier and liked that too. Tried ep 1 of Franklin and Bash too. Whilst I did enjoy it I just don't think I have enough time to add that series to my watch list.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am

SirClive wrote:Touch - Brilliant show. Keifer Sutherland plays his part exceptionally well. Looking forward to episode 2 next week. By the guy who did Heroes so there are tons of interlinking stories, but pull together nicely..
we've got this to watch, I just hope if its the guy that did heroes he's learnt his lesson from that show....
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm liking the sound of some of those shows SirClive, I'll be giving those a go.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.