What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by dste » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm

pratty wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:16 am
Couldn't agree more.
We also had The Neon Demon on the Netflix list by the same director, that was instantly removed.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 am

Dallas Buyers Club

Good film, worth a watch.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

stvd

Post by stvd » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Transformers vs Knights of the Round Table vs Mark Wahlberg vs 2.5 hours of pure boredom!!! :|

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 pm

GREEN ROOM - not as good as it thinks it is!

a right bunch of degens posing as a music band get set for a gig at a super duper far right group HQ and do stupid things, logic gets thrown out the window and patrick stewart is too damn quiet! the end is ridiculous (not all of it mind) and there is some really good schlock but the decision making in this leaves a LOT to be desired!

least it was better than FIFTY SHADES OF WHAT THE HELL!!!

god that film is dire, there's only TWO parts i liked and one of them was a sodding long shot of the city skyline!
barely any life to fill hoth with ZERO characters that had any life in them, so so BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

DEAPOOL is ******* HILARIOUS

both ALICE movies are damn fine, loved the big cgi blowout ending for the second one, 'cos i'm a sucka for those :mrgreen:

ultimate avengers 2? okay i guess .....

oh forgot about NEON DEMON, very strange movie and fell asleep near the end, no not because it was boring i was tired okay, so i watch it again next night, still strange and cinematic ..... oh and HIGH RISE too if i haven't mentioned it yet .....

dste

Post by dste » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 pm

stvd wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 pm
Transformers vs Knights of the Round Table vs Mark Wahlberg vs 2.5 hours of pure boredom!!! :|
Do you not like yourself... :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:45 am

Does that one also have a character who explains to Wahlberg, at great length, why it's totally OK for him to be smashing his daughter? Is it an Autobot instead this time?

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Have way through designated survivor with Jack Bauer (I mean Kiefer Sutherland!). Up and down show with endless drama but it is now got pretty good. Too far in to quit now! ;)

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:34 pm

I've been re-watching Game of Thrones. Its amazing how much you pick up on things the second time around, now that you know the characters quite well. Its even better the second time around!

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Sailor Moon R- Finally resumed going through the anime and boy, this has filler season/arc written all over it. Ah well, nearly up to the point where Chibiusa shows up and it starts following the manga again.....along with more filler.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm

watched SURVIVOR last night with pierce "thinks i'm a terminator but can't shoot for toffee" and milla "charisma void" jovovic
the whole thing was dire

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Just watched season 7 of Game of Thrones again. A long wait for the final season. Other than that, my boys always want Thomas the Tank Engine!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Moana. Could lose the songs and chop the runtime down a bit, but otherwise a solid Disney movie. Liked the art style and The Rock is surprisingly good.

Wonder Woman. Bit of a let down tbh. Chris Pine hams his way through every scene and Gal Gadot is too thin and willow to really convince, while her accent is horrible. Didn't feel much like Wonder Woman, though there are some great action scenes that help gloss over the casting choices. Still better than Batman vs Superman.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm
Moana. Could lose the songs and chop the runtime down a bit, but otherwise a solid Disney movie. Liked the art style and The Rock is surprisingly good.

Wonder Woman. Bit of a let down tbh. Chris Pine hams his way through every scene and Gal Gadot is too thin and willow to really convince, while her accent is horrible. Didn't feel much like Wonder Woman, though there are some great action scenes that help gloss over the casting choices. Still better than Batman vs Superman.
I think there was a lot of good will attached to the film. It wasn't perfect but after the previous DC films it was a step in the right ditection. God knows how many cuts Justice League has already gone through!

merman

Post by merman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Been working through the DVD box set of The Adventure Game.
I did watch some of it back in the early 1980s and remembered quite a bit. It's a shame that two episodes are still missing, and two episodes are only available as transfers from home recordings (meaning poor sound and visual quality(.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

dste

Post by dste » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:57 pm

Star Trek: Discovery.

Watched the first two episodes, seen better and seen worse. Just a bit dull and predictable and not convinced in the slightest about the acting. Next episode is in just under two weeks, might give it a try, might not.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog