What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

The Flash - season 2 finale. A pretty good season overall, perhaps not quite as good as the first - but still pretty decent. As I sort of predicted SPOILERSthe man in the mask was someone very important.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:02 am

Saw the first episode of JJAbrahms reboot/revised version of Westworld. I like it.

At first i was like...erm is this Groundhog Day...but i get what theyre going for now. Whether there is massive scope for anything more than 2 series I dont know, but as a first episode it was good enough.

Plus it has Anthony Hopkins in it.

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:06 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:Saw the first episode of JJAbrahms reboot/revised version of Westworld. I like it.

At first i was like...erm is this Groundhog Day...but i get what theyre going for now. Whether there is massive scope for anything more than 2 series I dont know, but as a first episode it was good enough.

Plus it has Anthony Hopkins in it.
It's my new favorite thing on TV.

I was aware of, but hadn't seen, the original film however I love the set up of the whole thing and where it can possibly go forward.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:59 pm

It wasnt until mid way through i understood what they were doing with this series. The bank robbery bit was a highlight as was the outcome. I can see how it could change through each episode as since one person doesnt meet the other the storyline goes through a different loop and i look forward to seeing different outcomes, not quite butterfly effect more the movie called sliding doors?'..

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 am

I'm hoping we don't get that at all. The recurring story loops were enough to set things up, but it was getting old before the episode was over.

Excellent show so far.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:32 am

Eye In The Sky. Really good film. I'm fascinated by how an unmanned aircraft can be operated and used from the other end of the world to such devastating effect. Probably not as good as good as Good Kill.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:08 am

Episodes 2 and 3 of the new Red Dwarf series. A bit better. I particularly liked the "karma drive" episode. The "organ napping" one was okay - but it did seem to perhaps recycle some stuff from a few of the earlier episodes.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:42 am

I'm watching The Strain. It's up to season 3 now and at the moment it is brilliant. It is often rubbish though. This is just a good period amongst plenty of episodes where you just end up hating everyone in it.

It does have the worst liability kid ever in it.

Am 9 or 10 eps into s1 of I, Zombie. I initially liked the Buffy-esque quality to it but now it has later period Buffy emo-ness and I'm getting tired of it big time.

Watched the new Ghostbusters. Didn't like it very much but it was far from awful. Won't be watching it again, mind.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:58 am

I got about an hour into the new Ghostbusters while Mrs Ant was baking a cake at the weekend. I should probably watch it to the end, but tbh I don't care if I don't since the bit I did see was underwhelming. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but to this point I don't care about any of the characters, the ghosts I saw were mostly pretty flakey looking (for some reason reminding me of Highlander with their naff dated look), and I don't think I laughed once. Pretty bad considering the low expectations I went in with.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:53 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:I'm watching The Strain. It's up to season 3 now and at the moment it is brilliant. It is often rubbish though. This is just a good period amongst plenty of episodes where you just end up hating everyone in it.

It does have the worst liability kid ever in it.
Argh, that bloody kid. "waaah, why can't you save my mommy, etc". What the censored happened?! He seemed pretty level headed in season 1, but in season 2 he went all moody. Puberty maybe?

Anyway, I'm still in season 2 and I've enjoyed it for the most part. I did find it hilarious how the doctor character happened to shave his head and move to Washington in time for season 1 of House of Cards :lol:

merman

Post by merman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:48 am

Evolution - sci-fi comedy with David Duchovny and Julianne Moore. Reminds me of Tremors, which is no bad thing. 8/10
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

dste

Post by dste » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:38 pm

merman wrote:Evolution - sci-fi comedy with David Duchovny and Julianne Moore. Reminds me of Tremors, which is no bad thing. 8/10
I had completely forgotten that exists. I went to cinema to see it on release, remember it being OK.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:40 am

Finished the latest seasons of Tyrant and Ripper Street, both were good seasons but they both ended on semi-cliffhangers, swines.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

merman

Post by merman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:59 am

dste wrote:
merman wrote:Evolution - sci-fi comedy with David Duchovny and Julianne Moore. Reminds me of Tremors, which is no bad thing. 8/10
I had completely forgotten that exists. I went to cinema to see it on release, remember it being OK.
First time I had seen it.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Enjoying Westworld so far
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image