What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by ALK » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:21 pm

South Park- Has felt like forever since I last really watched the show and found the season 2, 3 and 13 boxsets in CeX so been Marathoning all 3. Saw 13 for the first time, have really missed this show.

Time to import me Season 14 onwards me thinks...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

funkykong

Post by funkykong » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:42 am

I watched season 5 of Games of Thrones recently. I heard the spoiler at the end, but it still sucked to see!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:43 am

Homeland (season 5). I am about three quarters of the way through. It has now picked up a bit - because of a plot twist. Still far from the best season though. Got a few more episodes to go.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:57 am

ALK wrote:South Park- Has felt like forever since I last really watched the show and found the season 2, 3 and 13 boxsets in CeX so been Marathoning all 3. Saw 13 for the first time, have really missed this show.

Time to import me Season 14 onwards me thinks...
The last few seasons have been brilliant (I have sites to watch them online)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Deadpool. It was an odd experience, like watching two separate movies. One was an occasionally funny 4th wall breaking action movie, the other was a painfully generic superhero origin story. The whole experience was ruined somewhat by a retarded audience full of Deadpool fans :?

dste

Post by dste » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Fringe season two.

Not perfect with the first half of the season being a massive improvement over season one but the second half just really clicks and was really good.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:02 pm

The Revenant at the cinema. Enjoyed it (if enjoyment is the word), my work colleague less so and found it a bit boring, he's in his '20s, bloody kids! There'll be a super hero movie along the way any time...now.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Rayne wrote:Deadpool. It was an odd experience, like watching two separate movies. One was an occasionally funny 4th wall breaking action movie, the other was a painfully generic superhero origin story. The whole experience was ruined somewhat by a retarded audience full of Deadpool fans :?
Its a bit like Star Wars, and a lot of other franchises, you get fans like that

But where did the Deadpool fans come from?
MOST HAVE PROBABLY NEVER READ THE COMICS!!

Anyway, Deadpool in short
Blade - Vampires - Rave + WHAM! + sunlight + Humour + Humour + 4th wall braking = Deadpool?

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:56 pm

sscott wrote:The Revenant at the cinema. Enjoyed it (if enjoyment is the word), my work colleague less so and found it a bit boring, he's in his '20s, bloody kids! There'll be a super hero movie along the way any time...now.
Deadpool is the superhero movie of the moment, sscott. So, he'll enjoy that. :lol: :lol:

As for myself, I finished off season 6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm (season 6). The one with adopted family. It's pretty funny in places - especially SPOILERS when Larry pretends to be disabled to save the other office being occupied. I think I've seen season 7 on more4 awhile ago; I would like to re-watch it. I think that more4 also showed season 8, I think I missed that. Got to catch that as well. There are rumours of a season 9 - let us hope so.

I also finished the last two episodes from Homeland (season 5). Yep, it did pick up towards the end. Decent ending to the season. I thought that it was the last season, but according to IMDB - there's a new one in the works. Hmmmm, how many more times can we have Saul saying : "Damn it, Carrie! You let me down!" :lol: One Carrie having one of her fits? Or a traitor who is an agent? Anyway, I suppose it's something to look forward to. As for season 5 - it was okay, but far from the best season. I hope the next one is better.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Finished watching the third series of banshee.What a great show can't wait for the fourth and final series to start on April 1st.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:13 pm

aztecca wrote:Finished watching the third series of banshee.What a great show can't wait for the fourth and final series to start on April 1st.
banshee is superb, one of the best tv shows ever, non stop action and awesome fight scenes in every episode.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:14 am

DPrinny wrote:
Rayne wrote:Deadpool. It was an odd experience, like watching two separate movies. One was an occasionally funny 4th wall breaking action movie, the other was a painfully generic superhero origin story. The whole experience was ruined somewhat by a retarded audience full of Deadpool fans :?
Its a bit like Star Wars, and a lot of other franchises, you get fans like thatuote]

At least with Star Wars the audience was paying attention, mesmerized and enjoying the movie. With deadpool people were bellowing 'HE GOT SHOT IN THE ASS! DID YOU SEE THAT?! IN THE ASS!!! OMFG!!!' :roll:

Finished Life on Mars, excellent series! Going to have to watch Ashes to Ashes now :)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm

With DP it does seem to have THAT type of fanbase (Anime is full of them), dont worry they will soon latch onto the next thing

The Mickey Mouse 2013 series
It always seems to be one step away from an actual laugh

Episode 2 of new X-Files
Meh

tachi

Post by tachi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Watched Jaws for the first time in 20+ years.
Realise now why it's always been so successful, the relationship between the 3 main men is the linchpin that keeps the story rolling. Also I aman enormous fan of Drewfuss and Scheider :)

Also rewatched Vengeance the Demon, one of my favourite movies and probably my number 1 monster :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Now You See Me
What a fabulous flick. A heist movie riddled with plot holes, but a great ride.
Going Solo...................