What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by Megamixer » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:39 pm

Dumber and Dumber To - Is it as good as the original? I don't think so. Was it still funny? Yes!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Ash vs the evil dead
I was really looking forward to this and hoped it wasn't gonna be crap

I got bad news, it was AWESOME!!

Thats not bad news BTW

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:19 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Big Hero 6 - could be a Jet Set Radio movie :)
Brilliant
I watched this on my own while my son was at his aunties. Tear in eye at predicted moment.

Good film , much better than expected.

What have I watched? Last thing was the Bond stuff on BBC4 which was good , currently watching an old Stars in their eyes because i cant be arsed with any of the halloween stuff.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:21 pm

This week's Doctor Who - wow, that was subtle :lol:

Nice touch finishing on a shot of an RPG about to hit a passenger plane. I'm sure that won't upset anyone :roll:

tachi

Post by tachi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Last night, for Halloween we watched:
Monster Hunter (aka Dark was the night) with Kevin Durand. A good, slow burning monster movie which I really enjoyed.
Also watched The Gift with Jason Bateman which was an above average Thriller which a poor reveal at the end.
And finally we watched Haunt (2014) which was a very average haunted house movie.

All in all a fun Halloween night :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:08 pm

theantmeister wrote:This week's Doctor Who - wow, that was subtle :lol:

Nice touch finishing on a shot of an RPG about to hit a passenger plane. I'm sure that won't upset anyone :roll:

They launched a Roll Playing Game at a passenger plane?! Does it do the same thing as a flock of birds? :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:19 pm

markopoloman wrote:
theantmeister wrote:This week's Doctor Who - wow, that was subtle :lol:

They launched a Roll Playing Game at a passenger plane?! Does it do the same thing as a flock of birds? :lol:
No, no, no! I'm not having it.
"Roll Playing Game", it's just not on. It's worse than "loose" instead of "lose". Red card MPM. RED CARD!
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:37 pm

That indeed was a terrible school boy error and I offer my most humble apology to all of those that had to read my shoddy spelling of Role :oops: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:41 am

Hmmm very surreal and i keep thinking its a joke...

Mike Tyson Mysteries !

Imagine an adult version of Scooby Doo with swearing (beeped out) and an alcoholic pigeon saying funny things.

Just watched an episode and it had quite a few laugh out loud moments. Its a cartoon by Adult Swim, it looks like an old Scooby Doo episode due to the graphic style

Very very funny though specially the alcoholic pigeon. Heres a trailer/sneak peak of it (its now in season 2)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P58WJ-4PxcU

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:41 am

It started as a joke, then became a series

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:23 am

Went to watch Spectre at the weekend. Very good, but felt very laboured in some parts.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Saw this as a teenager and had no idea what to make of it, and to a degree I still don't. It looks good and isn't a lazy cash in, but it just feels a bit too family friendly and not what a Mad Max film should be. Tina Turner isn't bad but it does date the film somewhat, and whilst it starts strongly it goes downhill once he leaves Bartertown, and the end feels like a cheap retread of Road Warrior.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Saw this as a teenager and had no idea what to make of it, and to a degree I still don't. It looks good and isn't a lazy cash in, but it just feels a bit too family friendly and not what a Mad Max film should be. Tina Turner isn't bad but it does date the film somewhat, and whilst it starts strongly it goes downhill once he leaves Bartertown, and the end feels like a cheap retread of Road Warrior.
I found this one to be quite dull. The first two were awesome films but Thunderdome felt a bit removed from the established world and I couldn't stand the parts with the tribespeople.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Saw this as a teenager and had no idea what to make of it, and to a degree I still don't. It looks good and isn't a lazy cash in, but it just feels a bit too family friendly and not what a Mad Max film should be. Tina Turner isn't bad but it does date the film somewhat, and whilst it starts strongly it goes downhill once he leaves Bartertown, and the end feels like a cheap retread of Road Warrior.
I found this one to be quite dull. The first two were awesome films but Thunderdome felt a bit removed from the established world and I couldn't stand the parts with the tribespeople.

I can see why some people like it but you could just swap Max out for any generic hero and not tell the difference. Fury Road however remains the best film I've seen this year, and one of my favourite action films of all time.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:00 am

Saw Spectre and was very disappointed.

The film has a dull tone and really makes very little sense - it also looks back again into Bond lore - which I think is now done to death. I like Craig, but am ready for something else now - something fun.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...