What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 pm

This weeks Sonic Boom
Its taken them years to get a Sonic series that is at least entertaining
"Eggamn gets a motivational speaker"

supermario

Post by supermario » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 am

Citizenfour about Edward Snowden and NSA spying on data.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:10 am

Dark Skies, from a couple of years ago. Thought I'd never heard of it, but one creepy bit reminded me of the poster in bus shelters and so on... Essentially Poltergeist only with aliens instead of ghosts, I liked it!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am

Justified (season 4) - I've finished it. Really good season. Looking forward to season 5 now.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 am

House Of Cards (Series 3) - Just started 1st episode of series, no reason why it shouldn't continue being awesome.
The West Wing - Caught the odd episode now and again during it's proper run and always enjoyed them, so figured might as well start from the beginning on Netflix and see them all. Only about 4 episodes in though.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Dumb and Dummer To.

Silly but I thought it was bloody funny. The wife didn't know what 'felcher' meant so the name was lost on her.... Then we found out the name of the daughter and I spat my beer out of my nose :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

tachi

Post by tachi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:03 pm

This week I've watched Interstellar and Nightcrawler and both were excellent films.
Interstellar I found a little silly on the science and the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey but a very enjoyable story with a touching ending.
Nightcrawler was brill. I've never been a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but my god he was awesome in this and sure, the story was predictable but very enjoyable. Jake really deserved more recognition for his acting though!
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 am

This week's Better Call Saul. Great stuff.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Went to see Shaun the Sheep Movie on Saturday morning, loved it! No dialogue whatsoever, that old Aardman magic trick of communicating through the eyes. Loads of nice little background details to look out for as well (Nick Park feeding the ducks, a Shawshank Redemption reference, a nice little spoof on Cape Fear). "Recommended".
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Just watched episode 13 of Rebels, and $#!? just got real.

Still ostensibly a kids show, but the story arc has really pulled together, some amazing action scenes, and its all linked back to prior canon.

My love for this show has just escalated significantly, can't wait for the next episode to see where it takes us and very curious whether there'll be any links to the upcoming movies (since Ezra will be a grown man by then).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:38 am

I started on season 5 of Justified. Another really strong season. I think binge watching it helps out with the storyline and keeping track of it. It's sad that Channel 5 decided to stop showing it after season 4 - it's on the Sky boxsets - which is what I'm using at the moment to watch it. I think there is a final season 6, and then that's it from Raylan and co. Raise your Stetson in Raylan's honour! :wink:

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:51 am

Yeah I like a bit 'o Justified - most of the seasons are on Netflix, I've only watched the first two so far.

About halfway through Series 1 of Grimm, and Series 2 of Boardwalk Empire at the mo.

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:59 pm

donnie darko, love the film but it still confuses the hell out of me :lol: some stuff just doesn't make sense at all. :?

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:House Of Cards (Series 3) - Just started 1st episode of series, no reason why it shouldn't continue being awesome.
The West Wing - Caught the odd episode now and again during it's proper run and always enjoyed them, so figured might as well start from the beginning on Netflix and see them all. Only about 4 episodes in though.
I just started House of Cards two days ago and I'm set to start Season 2. The first season was incredible, glad to hear series 3 seems to be keeping it up :)

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:53 am

had a bit of a splurge on blu-ray/dvd double packs for studio ghibli. they were in the 2 for £25 deal in hmv. not cheap, but not as expensive as usual. watched My Neighbour Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle with the kids (again). they loved them, also as usual :lol: