Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Yes - He should post in black
8
33%
No - I like that horrible orange coloured text
2
8%
Couldn't care less!
14
58%
 
Total votes: 24

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by woody.cool » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:03 am

I for one, think he should post in black like the rest of us.
On my old laptop, that colour he uses doesn't show up so well.
Last edited by woody.cool on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
clarance
Posts: 2702
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by clarance » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Fascist.

(I voted yes)
Death may be your Santa Claus.

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Whilst I think it'd be easier for the rest of us if he did..... he's already said in another thread that the reason that he does it is because of his eyesight problem so I think we've got to make an exception for him in this case, he's not doing it to be deliberately awkward or annoy us.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
Elgin_McQueen
Posts: 6777
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 am
Location: Elgin, Scotland

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:02 am

I've never noticed.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/


Image

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by woody.cool » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:28 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Whilst I think it'd be easier for the rest of us if he did..... he's already said in another thread that the reason that he does it is because of his eyesight problem so I think we've got to make an exception for him in this case, he's not doing it to be deliberately awkward or annoy us.
That's a fair statement .... I was kinda messing about with this thread, just my dodgy sense of humour.
It would be easier if he did use black text, but I understand that if he has an eyesight problem, I'm not gonna moan about that (hey, I have an eyesight problem too)

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27027
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:31 am

He can post in any colour he likes.

But I'll ignore the ones in that barely legible red/orange.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
BobGeorge
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by BobGeorge » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:35 am

If anyone has problems with colour schemes on forums or sites etc., then you can use the 'Stylish' plugin for Firefox and use it to set the text to any colour you fancy quite easily.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27027
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 am

Not when you're at work and you're stuck with IE6 you can't.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
chewy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Aylesbury/Birmingham

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by chewy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 am

If he has a problem reading black, how does he read the rest of the forum? :?
Personally, I couldn't care less...

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by woody.cool » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Not when you're at work and you're stuck with IE6 you can't.
How old are your work's PCs?
Are they using Windows 98 or something?

User avatar
boyo
Posts: 2227
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by boyo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 am

chewy wrote:If he has a problem reading black, how does he read the rest of the forum? :?
Personally, I couldn't care less...
Or indeed the magazine!!!

No big deal to me what colour the text is - he's a nice chap :D

User avatar
pantal00ns
Posts: 3647
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Waaayy down south

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by pantal00ns » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 am

I think he should be made to say Sorry, just for old times sake. :wink:

Any colour as long as its not White.

User avatar
BobGeorge
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by BobGeorge » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Not when you're at work and you're stuck with IE6 you can't.
If you are stuck with IE6 then text colour is the least of your problems. :lol:

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 am

woody.cool wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:Whilst I think it'd be easier for the rest of us if he did..... he's already said in another thread that the reason that he does it is because of his eyesight problem so I think we've got to make an exception for him in this case, he's not doing it to be deliberately awkward or annoy us.
That's a fair statement .... I was kinda messing about with this thread, just my dodgy sense of humour.
It would be easier if he did use black text, but I understand that if he has an eyesight problem, I'm not gonna moan about that (hey, I have an eyesight problem too)
It's OK, I knew you didn't really mean any harm by the poll, just thought it was worth pointing out as he'd mentioned it on the thread in Feedback about iPhone games. I've also got eyesight probs (can't actually see jack sh!t out of my right eye apart from blurs/colours/shapes).
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: Should Timothy Lumsden post in the same text colour as us?

Post by SirClive » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 am

I have no problem with it not being black. Would prefer a nicer colour than orange, but it is none of my business.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests