Your Real Names

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 am

Im a Stewart (or Stewy if someone want's to irritate me!)
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 am

Alex is my real name, although at about aged 10 I became known as Bonesy thanks to my mates older brother, and it stuck. Especialy when we started secondary school. Different variations such as Boner, Bonio, Bono, Dem Bones etc have come and gone over the years but Bonesy is still there. Even a few teachers would call me that because I answered more to that than my real name. (Ive still got the end of year report that says "Bonesy needs to realise that science is relevant, and an important part of the ciriculum.")

Most of my friends still call me that to this day. However some have started calling me Alex which seems weird and makes me feel very old.

Alex has a fixed rate mortgage and plans on having a kid in the next two years and married within the next five.

Bonesy used to take a Super Soaker to school.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:06 am

you've gotta be a "pj" surely? I'd love to have cool intials like that!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 am

DPrinny wrote:Im geting a bit worried now
I want to change my name to "What"

Much better than Mike
I get parcels addressed to SirClive all the time

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:21 am

but I hate being called "D" pi**es me right off, Father-in-law calls me that all the time...if your gonna call me..at least make the effort to say the full name and not the first letter! lazy git!
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:22 am

How about 'D Tm' ? ;)

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 am

Shaun. think I was named after some jockey in the '70s or something, don't really caare either way however.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Im a Stewart (or Stewy if someone want's to irritate me!)
Stewpot ok then is it? :D
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 am

<-- Duh!

Actually, I'm Andrew, I only use Andy online. Because I was born on Christmas day, everyone was expecting my parents to give me a really religious sounding name. Andrew was the result to combat that line of thought.

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 am

Surely this is now cool thanks to Family Guy? What the deuce?!!?

Another Andrew here. Although it is NEVER Andrew. Mother and Sis call me Andy. Everybody else calls me Macky, as I'm a MC and my surname sems to be unpronouncable to most people - which causes much hilarity if I get cold calls - I wait patiently whilst the person calling (usually from Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur, India or whatever call centre) desperately struggles to pronounce it.
"Is that Mr. Anjoo mcernaminmein?"

"Nope." :D

I don't do this down the bank or post office though, I'm not a pronunciation nazi, just dead against offshoring.
I also order takeaways and taxi's in the wife's maiden name, as I got p1ssed off with spelling it for folks waaaaay back.

Have seriously considered the name change by deed poll thing...

TMR

Post by TMR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:02 am

SirClive wrote:I get parcels addressed to SirClive all the time
Same here with my handle for ever and a day, but i was TMR well before i started posting on forums and used to mailtrade on the C64 and Amiga. i still fill most online forms out as first name Magic, surname Roundabout.

If we're doing reasons behind names, i'm a Jason because of Peter Wyngarde, or more accurately his character Jason King (first in Department S and then his own stand-alone series) which is something of a worry... =-)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 am

Commander Jameson wrote:Have seriously considered the name change by deed poll thing...
My names fine but i always think of these call centres and people with quite difficult surnames to spell or say. Must be a nightmare.

I'm so glad my name doesnt begin with a W, i have a bit of 'Jonathan Ross' and cant say the word 'Warren' ! Sounds like 'wor-when'.

Not a lie - our local for several years was the Warren. Trying to get a taxi to go there was a nightmare, specially with the person on the phone taking the mick out of my 'W' nightmares !

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 am

andy vaisey wrote:<-- Duh!

Actually, I'm Andrew, I only use Andy online. Because I was born on Christmas day, everyone was expecting my parents to give me a really religious sounding name. Andrew was the result to combat that line of thought.

Although Andrew was one of the Disciples. :wink:

NOTE: This reply is not intended to derail into a religious debate, please move along >>>>>

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

jdanddiet wrote:
Stewpot ok then is it? :D
its fine if f**kface is good for you :wink: :wink:

Actually, pretty much never been called Stewpot before.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 am

I was christened Matthew, but the only person that regularly still calls me that is my dad - even my Gran calls me Mat now! Apparently my dad wanted to call me Robin though when I was born - how glad am I that my mum talked him out of that!

I am Matthew with two 'T's but Mat with just one 'T' - this is because during my formative years I could only enter MAT with one 'T' on arcade high score tables - true story! :D

I'm happy with my first name but still get embarrassed saying my surname over the phone for some reason... :oops:
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)