boggyb68

SNOW!!

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:48 am

It's wet and white..... :-o

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 am

and it's something of a rarity in Havant because of the sea air. But we've got it today.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 am

Took me 2 hours to do a 20 mile trip to work - not looking forward to getting home later.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Coopdevil

Post by Coopdevil » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 am

The council here (Dudley) always seem on the ball with snow/ice, I live on a steep hill and it's always gritted in advance so had a fairly typical run to work (4 miles).

The downside with snow and ice driving is always buggers who can't cadence brake and drive so slowly that everyone gets bunched behind and then little accidents happen.

A few years ago when I worked out in the countryside it snowed like this and a colleague who lived near me said I was mad to go home via the lanes and that he was going home via Wolverhampton where the roads were bound to be gritted. I got home after a gentle drive only 15 minutes later than normal (typical 30-35 min drive) down empty country lanes in my MR-2 (RWD and mid-engined so you'd think it would be bad when it was actually via nice to drive in snow), he got home 4 hours late having been reduced to getting out of his car in traffic, visiting the fish shop, getting back to his car and creeping home eating his tea off his lap. Did I laugh? Well not to his face anyway...

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 am

When the snows like this its not 'that bad' but in a day or so when it starts to turn to ice its a nightmare.

Thankfully its the first time in ages i dont have to drive to Sheffield today, have to to Thursday instead, just hope its all gone !

I just cant wait for the summer, i know a few people moaned it was too hot at times last year but bring it on !

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 am

i work in a primary school some days... got a call just as i was getting ready to leave for work saying that not even the caretaker'll be there today so i've got a day off - yay! Our kids all went to school, and if two of them weren't coming home because their school is closed i'd have laughed myself silly when they got home; that would've made me the only one getting a day off because of the snow. =-)
Last edited by TMR on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 am

I saw Snow today too, I opened my work freezer and there it was frozen on the wall and floor, or at least something like it. I have never seen real snow ever, one of my few wishes in life is to get to spend a week where there is snow.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 am

Darthhelmet wrote:one of my few wishes in life is to get to spend a week where there is snow.
Youre easy to please ! ;) Most of mine involve 3 blonde girls.

David

Post by David » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:50 am

You've got to love the way this country grinds to a halt and everyone panics EVERY SINGLE YEAR when it snows.

the trains don't run on time, everyone forgets how to drive, etc

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 am

One of my other wishes covers that quite well, along with the one for the perfect computer that can play anything that is loaded into it, mmmmmmmmm anything retro or new.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:07 am

Was driving back home today here in Southampton and man it is fun out on the roads there. The main routes are ok where the salt gritters have been, but the back roads are as slippery as anything. My drive was not complete until just two corners away from my house I managed to slide the car across the road only doing 10mph. I was laughing when it happened as I knew was coming and could not be prevented, destiny like they say.
The rush hour drive was more a Sunday morning drive. I was lucky, other areas have long queues. Public transport is a mess here, Southampton airport is closed and almost all buses are cancelled. The trains seem to be doing better but only for the moment.
A heavy snow shower is expected later this afternoon so look forward to seeing that. At least this is perfect computer game weather. :P

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 am

sleeper77 wrote: At least this is perfect computer game weather. :P
Seeing as I don't need to leave the house today, I don't think I will....

...pity I have an exam tomorrow :roll:

Still going here in Sheffield.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:32 am

oli_lar wrote:
sleeper77 wrote: At least this is perfect computer game weather. :P
Seeing as I don't need to leave the house today, I don't think I will....

...pity I have an exam tomorrow :roll:

Still going here in Sheffield.
Normally have to go to Sheffield every tuesday, thankfully this week its a thursday i need to go. Just hope its all gone by then !

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 am

Having just waited 50 mins in the snow for a bus into Cambridge that didnt show, I've decided not to go to Uni today.

Just as I got back to my front door, a bus inevitably trundled past.

F*ck this! :lol:
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:50 am

David wrote:You've got to love the way this country grinds to a halt and everyone panics EVERY SINGLE YEAR when it snows.

the trains don't run on time, everyone forgets how to drive, etc
Yes it does happen ever time it snows!!!! It is mad!!! Other countries seem to keep going when it snows!!!

Unfortunately today I have to drive from snowy east London to St. Albans and back. I hope on the motorway it isn't that bad. Yesterday there was a four car pile up near where I live. It is currently tipping it down with snow! At least I have a car with ABS and a manual gearbox! I report back how the drive was!!!!