Robbie Williams \"Its Alright\" video

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rtrgrl78

Robbie Williams \"Its Alright\" video

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:00 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone, please help me with this, its been bugging me all yesterday and today. Was sat down yesterday, with cup of the watching the TMF on digital, when a Robbie Williams song came on nothing unusual there but it was a song I'd never heard him sing or seen the video before. Trust me I am fan :roll: :D :D :D :P :wink: :roll: like most ladies of my age ! am not a mad as a nutter fan, have seen him once when he first came out, have most of his albums and have his calender the video I think was called "its alright", I think and the video had Robbie in a space ship destroying the version of his 'Kiss' ego, Robbie ends up in a football graphic style football stadium on his own and kicks the ball in to outerspace, this is all graphics. I like the video and thought it looked pretty good, but what baffles me, is he looks really young and obviously can't be because his ego characters in the video, is like the later stuff he did. It looked like it cout be a World cup themed song.

I have checked various search engines and his Official website, all for research purposes, of course :wink: and can't find anything. Nothing about him normally passes me by :) so was just wondering if anybody has else has seen it.

Mr. Pointless

Post by Mr. Pointless » Sun May 14, 2006 1:03 pm

I think I vaguely remember this, round about very late 90s... I think the song might have been used in a PS1 FIFA game too... :?

Great, know this is gonna be on my mind till tomorrow! :x
Amiga: "Insert Disk 7"
User: "When I work out how to magically pull that out of my **** I will, because it's not in the box."

Xbox 360: Mr Pointless | PSN: Mr_Pointless | Steam: Mr Pointless

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun May 14, 2006 1:16 pm

Yes, the song from FIFA 99 was It's Only Us and was a double A side with She's the One.

Must be the one you saw as the chorus goes...

Baby it's alright Baby it's alright
You don't need to call it off
It's Only Us

EDIT: Erm, this post probably makes me look a bit sad doesn't it :?
Well LadyClive is a big fan of Mr Williams and has made me research his back catalogue to prepare me for the Dublin gig I am taking her to.
Doesn't really explain the Take That tickets I've got for Manchester though :oops: :oops:

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Sun May 14, 2006 4:21 pm

I very recently saw the video to It's Only Us on Magic (the music channel, not the radio station), and I have to say I remember the song but I didn't know that it was him who sung it! Nearly killed myself for not knowing that as I'm a bit of a Robbie fan myself!

I don't think it ever appeared on any of his albums... it wasn't even on his greatest hits CD.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun May 14, 2006 4:24 pm

I thought it was on I've been expecting you. They only put She's the one on the greatest hits, probably cos thats all that got played at release due to the fancy ice skating video.

pottyboy

Re:

Post by pottyboy » Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 pm

SirClive wrote:I thought it was on I've been expecting you. They only put She's the one on the greatest hits, probably cos thats all that got played at release due to the fancy ice skating video.
I'd better check...

Nope, It's Only Us isn't on I've Been Expecting You.

I've seen the video to She's The One many times, and it has to be one of his best (although not as good as the 'uncut' version of Rock DJ!). The song itself is good too. Not as good as Angels though!

Speaking of Angels, my mate went to a recording studio in London for his 19th birthday last year, and recorded his own version of the song. Listening to the final mix I don't think his voice is a good as Robbie's, but at least he doesn't sound like a dying hippo! :-)

I was also invited to see it in the making, and even made a little documentary of it as I took my Sony camcorder with me.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun May 14, 2006 4:46 pm

So rather than a double A side it was really a B side that got promoted after the FIFA deal went through :roll:

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Mon May 15, 2006 3:04 am

SirClive wrote:So rather than a double A side it was really a B side that got promoted after the FIFA deal went through :roll:
Pretty much. At the time I remember Robbie being at pains to say how much he was proud of She's the one and pretty much ignoring the other one.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Mon May 15, 2006 5:14 am

Dudley wrote:
SirClive wrote:So rather than a double A side it was really a B side that got promoted after the FIFA deal went through :roll:
Pretty much. At the time I remember Robbie being at pains to say how much he was proud of She's the one and pretty much ignoring the other one.
Even though "She's the one" wasn't written by Robbie...............
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon May 15, 2006 5:45 am

How much of his stuff ever is?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:57 am

I must admit i cant understand why blokes like Robbie Williams, always feel very embarassed when somethings on the news about his latest concert and you see queues of people ready to go into the concert and some blokes, most of which look embarassed but some seem happy as hell !

Cant stand the guy, this one song youre talking about is as Darran says a cover and obviously most of his songs were written by other people. Even if Robbies name is in the credits thats a joke

Any band who writes their own stuff, performs their own music and sing live are good.

Granted Robbie can sing live and is a good entertainer but talk about manufactured.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Mon May 15, 2006 4:43 pm

psj3809 wrote:I must admit i cant understand why blokes like Robbie Williams, always feel very embarassed when somethings on the news about his latest concert and you see queues of people ready to go into the concert and some blokes, most of which look embarassed but some seem happy as hell !

Cant stand the guy, this one song youre talking about is as Darran says a cover and obviously most of his songs were written by other people. Even if Robbies name is in the credits thats a joke

Any band who writes their own stuff, performs their own music and sing live are good.

Granted Robbie can sing live and is a good entertainer but talk about manufactured.
Now I am not the greatest fan of Mr Williams in the world, but your comments are particularly miss informed. Robbie has always written in partnership with other song writers and it is obvious that many of the songs are autobiographical. He has written with a number of different writers, which shows in the musical differences between albums, but there is always a lyrical consistency.

It is very easy to pick on a person who initially made fame in a manfactured boy band, but his skills as a solo artist is more akin to Elton John who also creates with a song writing partner, such as the oscar winning partnership with Bernie Taupin (or something like that), than Victoria Beckham.

rtrgrl78

Re:

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:09 pm

SirClive wrote:Yes, the song from FIFA 99 was It's Only Us and was a double A side with She's the One.

Must be the one you saw as the chorus goes...

You don't need to call it off
It's Only Us

EDIT: Erm, this post probably makes me look a bit sad doesn't it :?
Well LadyClive is a big fan of Mr Williams and has made me research his back catalogue to prepare me for the Dublin gig I am taking her to.
Doesn't really explain the Take That tickets I've got for Manchester though :oops: :oops:
Yes, thats the one, thanks :)

rtrgrl78

Re:

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:11 pm

Mr. Pointless wrote:I think I vaguely remember this, round about very late 90s... I think the song might have been used in a PS1 FIFA game too... :?

Great, know this is gonna be on my mind till tomorrow! :x
Not such a bad thing to have Robbie on your mind :P sorry if I sound like a bit of a pervert :wink:

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:14 pm

Hi

Thanks everyone, that song was driving me mad, reckon I might have to download/buy 'Shes the One' CD. Robbie Williams is a damn good Entertainer.