What are you doing for Xmas...

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 pm

well its Gavin and stacey tomorrow night, then xmas morning i go to parents and meet up with all kith and kin, then come home to go to his parents then we both open our presents about 4pm then its upstairs for some gaming...ive gotta lot of catching up to do - gow2,cod5,gh4,rb2 etc plus a few dvds - the red hand gang being 1.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:36 am

sscott wrote:My wife has typed this...

hopefully not having our baby (due in 3 weeks)...I at least want some turkey!
Opening lots of presents and hearing the stillness as Shaun heads up to the loft to play games!!! :-) and me and my daughter watch High School Musical!
Merry Christmas...Gerry (long suffering wife of a games addict!)
LOL!! Mrs S, my other half would write exactly the same (apart from having a baby that is!), and I will be going up to the games room after din dins, and they will be watching the Disney movie Cars...

B. (long suffering partner of a non games addict!!) :)
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

shifter

Post by shifter » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:41 am

well for the first time in 12 years im at home on christmas day!!!! so will be just me and my partner and 2 kiddies will be great.

Then boxing day drive to Grimsby from london to see inlaws for few days then drive back to Gatwick on 28th to go the Prague for 2 days then drive back to Grimsby quick turn round back home to London late new years eve.

Will be great but will need a break to get over it.

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:43 am

Painting the Flat for Christmas holidays.And watching my 4 year old opening her presents.
May go to my dads for boxing day, depends how my husband's mood is.

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 am

Sitting here in the office, waiting for the nod from the boss that we can go home. 12:30pm is the magic time some are saying, others are saying 3:30pm.

It's been a long morning.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:46 am

boyo wrote:Sitting here in the office, waiting for the nod from the boss that we can go home. 12:30pm is the magic time some are saying, others are saying 3:30pm.

I know the feeling. I've finished all my work for the day by 10am, we've had about 6 powercuts since then in 10 minute intervals. Its getting pointless being here now as no one is doing anything!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:48 am

ShadowMan wrote:
boyo wrote:Sitting here in the office, waiting for the nod from the boss that we can go home. 12:30pm is the magic time some are saying, others are saying 3:30pm.

I know the feeling. I've finished all my work for the day by 10am, we've had about 6 powercuts since then in 10 minute intervals. Its getting pointless being here now as no one is doing anything!
I'm scheduled to be here on support until 6pm! Most departments are off by 1pm, so I may be allowed to slope off early... then again there is absolutely no xmas cheers in our section, so 6pm here I come..

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:51 am

I get off at one, so far I've been eating Chocolates :)

Then it's the pub, beef dinner, pub, sleep, wake up, open preseants, bacon sandwiches, salmon starter, pub, cook dinner (more booze), eat, veg out in front of queen, tv, probably go online, play xbox, more beer, sleep.

Not necessarily that order though :)

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:52 am

I took time off work this year. Couldn't be doing with the boring half a day in the office with nowt to do.

You watch though, they'll be having a party in there this year knowing my luck ¬¬

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:09 am

I'm in work too - going at 1pm. The rest of the team are off.

TBH I could have slipped off earlier, but my daughter is coming here and she is excited to sit at my desk and have a go of my PC - so I stuck around.

Xmas day will probably be up at 6am, going to mums at 10am, back home for 12 - the missus' folks are coming for dinner. Have a hyper few hours until my daughter conks out, then relax and watch some festive crap.

As a reward, boxing day is my gaming day.

:lol:

Be weird though, this is the first year I'm not spending all day at my mums.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:36 am

Spending it with my mum and dad, opening up the nice new laptop they've bought me and immediately installing MAME on it :lol: then we're going round to my sister's place for Xmas dinner. Later on, will sit and watch The Dark Knight and Wall-E again on DVD (my sis has bought them for me for Xmas).
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:42 am

Is it likely someone's going to put the Queen's speech on UKN or similar?

We have a beamer and a waterproof wall now ;)
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:46 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Spending it with my mum and dad, opening up the nice new laptop they've bought me and immediately installing MAME on it :lol: then we're going round to my sister's place for Xmas dinner. Later on, will sit and watch The Dark Knight and Wall-E again on DVD (my sis has bought them for me for Xmas).
So lots of surprises for you from Santa then? ;)

I'm in work today till 3:30, then will be going home and me and the missus will follow our usual Xmas Eve routine of watching Die Hard (that's our kind of Xmas movie! :D) then maybe go the pub for a bit...

Tomorrow I'll be getting up, opening presents, lazing about and then off to my other half's parents house for Xmas lunch.

Boxing day much the same but going to see my parents, sister and her four kids...

Not very exciting really! :roll:
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:01 am

Clocking off now chaps - have a great a Christmas. Should be back online after Boxing day.

Have a great one!!!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 am

The Master wrote:Is it likely someone's going to put the Queen's speech on UKN or similar?
It's on the list to go on.
Splink!