Gamestation... MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:43 am

Only a minor point (very minor) but i found a boxed sonic 1 (master system) yesterday in a drawer at home , took it down to lancaster GS , thought id just get a bit off a 360 game with it , he scanned it £1 credit , i took it away (sonic) and went through to the morecambe store which is only 3 miles down the road , she scanned it once (must have been £1 ?) , then hit a key or 2 and it came back at 20p trade in ? , is this even legal.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed May 17, 2006 2:05 pm

The Blockbuster trade terms always said that stores have complete authority to choose the products they choose to accept and I believe prices too.

I'd assume GS copied and pasted.

Either way, unlike they actually advertise the credit value for that specific product it would be legal for them to offer any amount at any time. There's never any legal obligation to honour a price in the system, that's not advertising.

Not that I've traded Sonic 1, but every SMS and SMD game I've ever traded has been 50p, which given they sold for £1 and GS have tax and faulties to worry about seemed fair.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sat May 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Went in today and finally found a copy od Destruction Derby 2 on PS1 for £4.99, was BOGOF so picked up Maro 64 on N64 for £9.99 to get DD2 for free. Just looked now and found out there's NO f***ING GAME in the Mario box, gonna have to go back tomorrow now. FFS, in my head i'm thinking, I should've checked, but then again, why should I? I don't automatically look to make sure everything's there normally so it was unlikely I was gonna this time. Oh well, hopefully it'll get sorted out tomorrow.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

Mr. Pointless

Post by Mr. Pointless » Sat May 27, 2006 4:50 pm

I kinda know how you feel...

Not GS or gaming related, but I picked up Linux Format 3 weeks ago from WHSmiths and discovered on the bus home that the disc was missing!

And to add insult to injury, Future ignored my email (Their phone system's automated and you're now required to post defective discs back).
Amiga: "Insert Disk 7"
User: "When I work out how to magically pull that out of my **** I will, because it's not in the box."

Xbox 360: Mr Pointless | PSN: Mr_Pointless | Steam: Mr Pointless