J.Ross and R.Brand - Phone calls

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:22 am

psj3809 wrote:I mean getting Max Clifford to do her story etc, just so OTT. Think if she hadnt got Clifford on her side many more people might agree with her in this whole OTT saga.
Exactly, if she was so shocked and upset by them saying on the radio that he'd f***ed her she would of got a bloody good lawyer, but the trollop goes and gets someone to handle her public affairs to put a bit of spin on it for her.

How long till shes on a reality tv show? Wont be so mad at them then.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 am

Ha ha i love this quote...

"She was on a European tour with the burlesque dance group - the Satanic Sluts - but cut short the trip following the public humiliation."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... prank.html

Work warning about link above, shows the girl in her burlesque stuff. I'm surprised how upset/stunned she was with Brands comments, you should see all the videos of her on youtube ! Looks like shes loving all the publicity shes getting at the mo

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am

STranger81 wrote:
psj3809 wrote:I mean getting Max Clifford to do her story etc, just so OTT. Think if she hadnt got Clifford on her side many more people might agree with her in this whole OTT saga.
Exactly, if she was so shocked and upset by them saying on the radio that he'd f***ed her she would of got a bloody good lawyer, but the trollop goes and gets someone to handle her public affairs to put a bit of spin on it for her.

How long till shes on a reality tv show? Wont be so mad at them then.
Deep inside, she's probably over the moon that this is happening.

Come on, she's said to be an "aspiring model", so any publicity she can get is going to help her cause no-end.

The most likely reason for her cancelling her tour (with her group of Satanic burlesque style dance troup) is because she has been told that she is going to be wanted by TV shows and papers alike.

Interviews will follow next, early morning shows like the Wright Stuff and Richard and Judy will all pay for her "story".

Then she'll be added to Z-list celebrity reality shows like that Jungle malarky and then this time next year, nobody will remember her.

I feel sorry for her, in the sense that she was stupid enough to sleep with Brand in the first place. Not exactly a fact you'd want to be made public.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:53 am

I'd give her one.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:55 am

"She was on a European tour with the burlesque dance group - the Satanic Sluts - but cut short the trip following the public humiliation."
I actually LOL'd at that :lol:

Its all rubbish, now the moaners have got their way on this how long before Frankie Boyle is forced off Mock The Week, Simon Amstel off Buzzcocks etc etc Its bad enough having to pay the tv tax as it is if anytime anything funny happens the guys get the sack.

One other thing.....surprised no-one complained about Brands on air apology either singing he doesn't like to upset anyone be they 'yellow, black or white'

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 am

TheDude18 wrote:I'd give her one.
urgh! she looks like Marilyn Manson.

Plus with Andrew Sachs having his grandaughters name ruined by the announcment that Russel Brand gave her one, what was outside his house all day yesterday? A flock of camera crews. He classes himself as a "performer" so surely he's welcomed this.

Looking at his grandaughter and reading about what she gets up to im sure its no suprise to him that she puts it about a bit!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 am

I'm still laughing at the way the english seem to jump on the bandwagon, as others have said they did the same with Princess Di after she died.

2 people complained originally, now theres been 30,000 complaints from people with nothing better to do. If Ross wasnt paid a fortune and also wasnt cocky then i doubt most people would have been bothered.

Now its a whole argument about 'common decency' etc and how they've gone too far. Jesus, imagine if Howard Stern had a show on tv here ! There would be uproar ! Hopefully this will all die down soon and we'll have some proper news after the moaners have put their sandles away ;)

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 pm

STranger81 wrote:
TheDude18 wrote:I'd give her one.
urgh! she looks like Marilyn Manson.

Plus with Andrew Sachs having his grandaughters name ruined by the announcment that Russel Brand gave her one, what was outside his house all day yesterday? A flock of camera crews. He classes himself as a "performer" so surely he's welcomed this.

Looking at his grandaughter and reading about what she gets up to im sure its no suprise to him that she puts it about a bit!
Dont be choosie, grab a floosie!

OldSkoolCoolFool

Post by OldSkoolCoolFool » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Looks like your use of the letter T made your trousers fall down :wink:

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:39 pm

The BBC. Property of the Daily Mail.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:40 am

Next Target Acquired.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Queen.html

I hope none of you like comedy or anything. Notice they're complaining about a REPEAT. i.e - they didn't realise they could get anyone they like sacked before.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 am

Well it seems lots of people dont like Jonathan Ross/R.Brand so even if they insulted Osama Bin Laden they would be up in arms about it.

I find it funny that theyre moaning about a joke about Andrew Sachs but dont seem that fussed by a rude comment about our leader the queen ! So joke about A.Sachs - okay, queen joke - fine ?!

I mean now after this huge argument people will probably moan about any jokes which offend them, others will jump on the bandwagon 2 weeks later despite not even hearing it and they'll demand someone else to be sacked/suspended.

Ridiculous

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 am

I'd think that a distinction can be made between making disparaging comments about public figures whilst on air (albeit after 9PM) and leaving obscene phone messages for them. The former is just about fair game whilst the latter is definitely crossing the line into harassment.

That said, I do think that Frankie Boyle's humour can be very crude at times and he'd better watch out if he wants to continue working on radio and TV.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am

Matt_B wrote:I'd think that a distinction can be made between making disparaging comments about public figures whilst on air (albeit after 9PM) and leaving obscene phone messages for them. The former is just about fair game whilst the latter is definitely crossing the line into harassment.

That said, I do think that Frankie Boyle's humour can be very crude at times and he'd better watch out if he wants to continue working on radio and TV.
Even when said phone message target was supposed to do an interview but decided he couldn't be bothered?

And that last paragraph may be one of the saddest things I've heard. Sachs for instance would do well to remember that risks advance the art, even if they don't come off. Fawlty towers was a huge risk for a start.

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:25 am

If Mock the Week gets taken off air, I'm going to burn down Middle England, I censored you not.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile