Pizza Hut to Pasta Hut eh?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:21 am

Or Prince to The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:44 am

Katzkatz wrote:This is like the Jif to Cif thingy a few years ago, and most famously Marathon to Snickers! :D
Or more accurately nothing like either ;)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:45 am

The company who own Pizza Hut is the same that own KFC. If you all remember, they rebadged that from Kentucky Fried Chicken to plain old KFC. several years ago to get away from it being "fried" and therefore "unhealthy". Utter rubbish and, after 8 years of working for KFC, i would expect nothing less.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

Muteki

Post by Muteki » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 am

Yeh, I hate it when things change from one thing to another. I mean, why? It really hurts my feelings when you see a sign outside a shop that says something different to what it said before. Bloody stupid if you ask me. Also, they banned things because a man said they were bad. I pay my taxes and this is wrong. Immigration. And petrol!

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:06 am

I ran Pizza Huts across the South for 8 years...

There is no way on Earth they would change their name. The rebranding would cost millions, Pizza Hut are the biggest restaurant chain in the world after all.

And yes, they are doing badly compared to their results 6 years ago. It all started when they increased the price of the buffet deal past the magic £5 mark......

....and Jamie Oliver revealed to a shocked nation that pizzas and other junk food is bad for you :shock:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:08 am

djcarlos wrote:....and Jamie Oliver revealed to a shocked nation that pizzas and other junk food is bad for you :shock:
Yep that was as big a shock to me when H from Steps 'came out' in the papers, i never realised he was gay.

And pizzas/junk food i thought was good for you, i'm gutted. Next they'll be saying drinking lots will be bad for my health as well !

Seriously its amazing how much PR Pizza Hut has got because of this 'name change' which obviously wont happen, clever idea as theyve got tons of publicity for their new pasta range etc.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:52 am

What impresses me is they're even SAYING it's temporary and only 30 stores and no-one in the media read the press release at all.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com