What films/TV shows have you watched this week??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 am

ShadowMan wrote:I've also been watching season 4 of Prison Break. This could either be fantastic or start to drag on horribly so I guess only time will tell. Episode 4 looks great. This should be the final season though, what more could they possibly do with the series?
Yeah i've watched Prison Break from the start, seasons 1 and 2 were superb, season 3 was so so, this seasons a bit confusing and very OTT, like you say i hope it is the last one as they cant do anything else. Been enjoyable so far though but i hope its the last.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 am

Sputryk wrote:Currently working my way through Season 1 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew series. Also re-watching for the umpteenth time, Shogun; a masterpiece of a tv-series - Shimada Yoko-san is just so.... (sigh)
Yeah , I got that too

A great tv adaptation of a great novel. They truly don't make 'em like that anymore. I wished they'd followed it uip with Taipan though
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:25 am

At the weekend I watched The Omen remake (got the box set for £7 from HMV).

Also watched the following movies over the last few days........
'Teeth' !?!?!?!?
Appleseed - Ex Machina
From Dusk Till Dawn
Basic Instinct

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:28 am

Ha ha 'Teeth' ! Thats quite a 'difficult' film to watch !

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 am

I thought It had the look of a (black) comedy to start with.
"You won't actually see anything" I thought....!!!!!!!

How wrong I was :)

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 pm

What is Teeth about?

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm

It's about a girl who has teeth inside her "downstairs bits"! :shock:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:48 pm

stvd wrote:It's about a girl who has teeth inside her "downstairs bits"! :shock:
that COULD be a turn off for some guys...
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm

It certainly was for the guys who slept with her! :oops:

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Finaly watched the last episode of terminator:SCC, was pretty damn good and an excellent scene with the terminator and the swat guys, bodys flying left right and centre to the turn of johnny cash "when the man comes calling", roll on season two on DVD.

Saw an advert last night late on E4 for a new program called DEAD SET, its basically a TV horror series set in the big brother house, but while the people are in there, the world outside is in the middle of a zombie crisis, they open the doors to let the contestants out, but let the zombies in!!! Seems an interesting concept, but who do I report the strory to for ripping off someone else ideas?!?!? lol

Seriously, I used to read alot of fan fiction on a website called homepageofthedead.com,a george romero zombie movie fan site, anyway, one of the fiction peices was a zombie outbreak in the middle of big brother, I think the autor was american, and now I cant find the bloody story in the fiction section!!! grrrrr...........anyway, still looks alright.

As for K-Pax, an alright film but the novel and its two sequals (on a beam of light and the worlds of prot) are much much better.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

thl

Post by thl » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Watched another new episode of Prison Break on Sky 1 earlier ago. It's getting very exciting at the moment.
ShadowMan wrote:I've also been watching season 4 of Prison Break. This could either be fantastic or start to drag on horribly so I guess only time will tell. Episode 4 looks great. This should be the final season though, what more could they possibly do with the series?
The concept for season 4 felt a bit different compared to previous seasons. This time Michael and co. have to complete assignments by breaking into various location, which contain keycards held by members of The Company.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:58 am

Ah, Tired format syndrome.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 am

Oh, I also watched Starship Troopers 2 on Monday night. The curse of the DTV sequel strikes again. To be fair it wasn't that bad but there were several things that made it rather silly, for instance all the guns had wire mesh over the muzzles! Huh? Where do the bullets come out from then?

Having said that, there were rather obvious lights inside each one to replicate muzzle flash, so that solves that one!

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:25 pm

jdanddiet wrote:Oh, I also watched Starship Troopers 2 on Monday night. The curse of the DTV sequel strikes again. To be fair it wasn't that bad but there were several things that made it rather silly, for instance all the guns had wire mesh over the muzzles! Huh? Where do the bullets come out from then?

Having said that, there were rather obvious lights inside each one to replicate muzzle flash, so that solves that one!
I liked the first SST film a lot, but the second one is one of the worst films I've seen. I was reminded of it when I watched "Alien Vs Hunter" recently. That was about as bad.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Heroes season 3...not an amazing start but i will see how it goes.

I gave up on the new Prison Break season after the first 3 episodes...its just too ludicrous now imo. On the other hand, the new season of Terminator has started pretty strongly.

Other stuff I am watching is Fringe (seems to be an x files rip off so far) and True Blood (about vampires). After a couple of episodes I am undecided on them as yet.