What films/TV shows have you watched this week??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Yeah i need to give the wire another chance, watched the first episode and it didnt blow me away like other shows have but have to keep watching.

Downloaded Brotherhood which is meant to be decent as well

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:38 pm

This week I've been watching Stargate: Atlantis, Prison Break, and The Departed (Film).

The previous week I watched the last two Harry Potter films, and this coming week I'll be watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles on Blu-Ray, and possibly Heat (Film), if I get time.

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:46 pm

I got the boxed sets of The Shield 1 and 2.

It is an awesome show.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:18 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Being off work for a few days last week I watched

The Oblongs
Rich Hall's Fishing Show
Clive James in Las Vegas
An episode of The Great Egg Race
The Forbidden Kingdom, which I thought was ace.
The G.E.R.? Not seen that in years! So much better than Scrapheap Challenge which I guess is its successor
You can say that again, they had to build hovercrafts in the episode I watched.
Splink!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:51 pm

SirClive wrote:I am too much of a skeptic fo these type of programmes. I alway assume they are set up.
I dont trust TV anymore, full stop.

All phone in quizzes / votes etc are fixed and probably will continue to be, no doubt!

Anything can be edited now to make it seem different from reality (ok, dont give a monkeys but the queen thing a while back on the BBC was wrong)

The worse thing is when these shows film inside someones house and then show the reaction of someone turning up by surprise - the f**king camera is already in the house!!!!

Saw a few mins of Xfactor the other day - they start by showing some old bird who works in a prison - then, lots of drama and suspense to see if she got through....Of course she did, they didn't film her work before she turned up for the audition? Then they show her work mates reaction on her return from work - Like they didn't know, it was prob filmed on the same day - bullshit.

Anyway, rant over - but I still dont trust TV!!!!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:53 pm

There isn't a single reality tv show that is about reality.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:00 pm

Bingo Night Live's pretty ace though, does anybody watch that?
Splink!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 pm

I was watching You Been Framed! last saturday,
especially a clip where a young girl opened up her present & shouted happily 'A Game Console!'(megadrive 2),
then her younger brother grabs a cardboard piece from the megadrive box & starting hugging it, then shouted happily 'Cardboard!, Cardboard!'

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Never heard of 'True Blood' before, will check it out.

6 eps into the 4th series of 'The Wire' loving it all the way, the only real disappointment is that the series' never really have proper endings, especially the 3rd, they just kinda carry on, i'm hopin by the time I get to the final ep of seires 5 there'll be some sort of closure to it all.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

rupert

Post by rupert » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:30 pm

i watched K-PAX last night, wasnt sure what to expect but thought it was good (not great). The acting from the lead roles was very strong, story was different enough to keep me interested. I'd say buy it if you see it cheap (i.e. £3).

Got that bargain Eerie Indiana box set on the way so i'm lookign forward to watching that this week. By the way it's now gone back up to £17.99 on play.com now, i blame this forum :twisted:

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 pm

psj3809 wrote:Yeah i need to give the wire another chance, watched the first episode and it didnt blow me away like other shows have but have to keep watching.

It's worth sticking with it. I didn't think much of the first episode either, but after that it all comes together and hopefully you'll start enjoying it like I did
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 am

rupert wrote:i watched K-PAX last night, wasnt sure what to expect but thought it was good (not great). The acting from the lead roles was very strong, story was different enough to keep me interested. I'd say buy it if you see it cheap (i.e. £3).
I though KPAX was OK, but just another example of why Kevin Spacey is one of the most overrated actors in the world (apart from Usual Suspects).

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:50 am

flying_delorean81 wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Yeah i need to give the wire another chance, watched the first episode and it didnt blow me away like other shows have but have to keep watching.

It's worth sticking with it. I didn't think much of the first episode either, but after that it all comes together and hopefully you'll start enjoying it like I did
Yeah cheers fella, i'll start getting into The Wire again now that a few of my favourite ones arent on currently

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 am

Watched episodes 1 and 2 of Fringe over the weekend. I love the concept of the show, not 100% sure of its execution though. At worst it is an interesting 50 minutes of TV (so much better than most UK TV thats for sure). I'll keep watching and see how it develops.
I've also been watching season 4 of Prison Break. This could either be fantastic or start to drag on horribly so I guess only time will tell. Episode 4 looks great. This should be the final season though, what more could they possibly do with the series?
Oh, and Heroes season 3 premiered in the USA yesterday so I'll be sure to check that out. It already sounds better than season 2.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:52 am

Currently working my way through Season 1 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew series. Also re-watching for the umpteenth time, Shogun; a masterpiece of a tv-series - Shimada Yoko-san is just so.... (sigh)