More Paypal problems!!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:21 am

The Master wrote:Come on Duds, he said he sent it. It's happened to me, and I had to send the boys round :shock: until the scrote admitted he was making it up :roll:
I'm sure GAME usually sends lost in post games too.

He's saying the buyer should swallow the cost of non-delivery. This to me is insanity.

It's quite likely that the buyer is scamming him. It seems to be all too common that unscrupulous buyers have learned they can take advantage of Paypal's buyer protection plan simply by falsely claiming they didn't receive their item.
The fact we've got to the stage where the default assumption is a dodgy buyer is very sad.

But we have no evidence either way to charge this buyer.

I'm sure on a forum somewhere Junkmale is being demonised as a dodgy buyer too "I sent him a perfectly working VCR and now he's scamming me".
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:03 am

CraigGrannell wrote:
firebreather wrote:Paypal wont even recognise a receipt it has to be able to be tracked online, if youve lost the original receipt/proof of posting then even the post office wont give you a refund
Frankly, even if you send recorded via a courier, PayPal sometimes refunds buyers.
Yep.

I know this too be true from first hand experience.

Funny thing is, not even your feedback counts as proof as an honest/trustworthy seller!

Buyer had no feedback. I have 977 with 99.7% Positive.

Pathetic. But then again, it's PayPal - so what else do you expect!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Dudley wrote:
The Master wrote:Come on Duds, he said he sent it. It's happened to me, and I had to send the boys round :shock: until the scrote admitted he was making it up :roll:
I'm sure GAME usually sends lost in post games too.

He's saying the buyer should swallow the cost of non-delivery. This to me is insanity.

It's quite likely that the buyer is scamming him. It seems to be all too common that unscrupulous buyers have learned they can take advantage of Paypal's buyer protection plan simply by falsely claiming they didn't receive their item.
The fact we've got to the stage where the default assumption is a dodgy buyer is very sad.

But we have no evidence either way to charge this buyer.

I'm sure on a forum somewhere Junkmale is being demonised as a dodgy buyer too "I sent him a perfectly working VCR and now he's scamming me".
the problem is that before the buyer protection stuff came into effect, it was common practice that if an item hadn't arrived in 2-3 weeks from ordering, you would contact the seller to inform them...then if you got no response or were unhappy with the response you would make a formal complaint..then negative them!

unfortunatly now that the bay has these new buyer protection policy's people are waiting just a few days for items before slapping the seller with a claim for undeliverd goods....then if and when the goods do turn up they have both the money and the goods and the seller has lost money and ends up with a damaged reputation!
the most commonly used scam other than this one is the use of stolen credit cards to buy items, the buyer then has the goods and when the cc holder realises what has happend they rightly claim the money back so once again the seller ends up with no money,no goods and is left uncompensated! this has happend to my flatmate paypal took the money back and when he complained paypal told him they were powerless to do anything about it!

their is no seller protection on ebay anymore you are risking your goods and you reputation everytime you list with them!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm sick of the charges they slap on transactions. Have sold a few things recently as i need the cash. Fair enough, they need to make some charges but what they charge is riduculous. Gonna start accepting cheques only in future methinks.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

I don't use Paypal for ebay purchases anymore after getting scammed with a non delivered item, claimed within 14 days, then after the 21 day dispute period expired Paypal informed me that they had upheld my claim but couldn't pay me any money back because there were no funds in the sellers account, the guy had scammed other people as well and so had his ebay and PP accounts closed.....what f**king use is that?. Paypal are a borderline criminal organisation in the way they operate and the way ebay virtually force users to offer it as a payment option.

So I only use paypal for paying people I know and trust now, everything else is cash and collection or I don't bother.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:25 pm

I've got a bit of a PayPal problem myself at the moment. Bought a game a week ago (just the license code) - RegNow say "this order is incomplete and your PayPal balance hasn't been charged", but it quite clearly has, the money was taken off at the time of purchase. They stopped replying to my emails after I got a bit annoyed and stropped around the place a bit with my war penis out. Meanwhile I'm $19.95 down. Should I start a "dispute" through PayPal, or what? Never done this before....
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 pm

The Master wrote:Should I start a "dispute" through PayPal, or what? Never done this before....
Yes definitely.
The Master wrote:stropped around the place a bit with my war penis out
Made me laugh so hard, in fact I'm going to steal this remark and use it shamelessly in all sorts of situations in future. :D
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

mohicankid wrote:
their is no seller protection on ebay anymore you are risking your goods and you reputation everytime you list with them!
Oh indeed, my point is largely separate to paypal itself, I haven't sold anything on ebay for a while and I'm not sure I actually want to again.

But if my stuff didn't come, "Oh I posted it" doesn't really cut it.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:33 pm

this is why i always send recorded...no exeption, this way you can prove that the item was sent and you have the ability to confirm delivery if needed
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...