Did we land on the moon?

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 34

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:17 am

Did Columbus really cross the Atlantic? I mean, the boat was made of frickin' trees. You'd need a modern iron hull for something like that.
It's called a MEGADRIVE

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:28 am

felgekarp wrote:If they did land on the moon how come they didn't come across any of these?

It's the pink things I mean not the pasty.
Thats why they faked it- the actual, real existance of Clangers is something the public isnt ready for.
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 am

To paraphrase Family Guy, you might not want to go spouting this kind of censored round the old astronauts home, they get mighty pissed off about that kind of thing.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:11 am

Who cares?

I know one thing though. The Kennedy Assassination: he did it himself, the gun was in the car.

TMR

Post by TMR » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:45 am

Crunchy wrote:I know one thing though. The Kennedy Assassination: he did it himself, the gun was in the car.
He only did it to drive conspiracy theorists up the wall too...!

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:52 am

thank god its

12 yes against - 1 no at the moment , any closer and id be ranting , i hate that disgusting moon conspiracy crap.
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:40 am

I think we did land on the moon 100 percent. However there is a very small chance that the actual moon landing footage was done in a studio in order to convince the russians that we had landed on the moon before they did. When in reality the US landings were actually achieved ater the russians.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Of course they bloody landed on the moon.

Still looking for Mr Spoon though ... :wink:

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Not only did we land on the moon, we did it in 1902...

Heres the proof......

:wink:

RIK

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm

What is the matter with people today eh ? 3 votes for 'no we didnt land on the moon' ! God i hate these conspiracy nuts !

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:38 pm

gman72 wrote:I think we did land on the moon 100 percent. However there is a very small chance that the actual moon landing footage was done in a studio in order to convince the russians that we had landed on the moon before they did. When in reality the US landings were actually achieved ater the russians.
...You mean this was a British conspiracy???
It's called a MEGADRIVE

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:19 pm

The moon freaks me out. I was up in the hills the other night under, like, all the censored stars ever, and watching it (the moon) slowly move across the sky... just kinda gets to me a bit when you think it's been doing this for millions.... billions (censored) of years.....
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Mickey T

Post by Mickey T » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:34 pm

For anyone who hasnt read it, especially the conspiracy theorists, Andrew Smith's Moondust: In Search of the Men Who Fell to Earth is one of the most significant and certainly most inspirational books I have read. He speaks to the surviving astronauts, about the times they were part of the programme, what it was like, and where are they now. Distressing to hear that one of the twelve moonwalkers, now eeks out a living at sci fi conventions, and gets overlooked in favour of Babylon 5 actors in the autograph stakes.
Loads of awesome anecdotes and personality through the book too.

Oh and yes we did land on the moon. The technology for apollo was an evolution of the V12 rocket and developed at Rosswell by German, British and US scientists (all indiginous to earth conspiracy theorists, including the german WWII developed technology that started it all).
The astronauts survived the radiation on the moon by chance, sky lab was a response to the findings on the moon. Incidently if they had gone two weeks earlier a solar storm would have killed everyone, they only found this out in retrospect as solar winds were unheard of at the time. The technology was indeed primitive hence the high fatality rate. To be honest it was a time populated by the kind of people we only see in movies these days, which I guess makes it hard for the cynics to understand, real heroes.
The BBC series the Planets has a great episode dedicated to the pioneers, worthy of anyones time.
Charlie Duke had this to say about the hoax theories "We've been to the Moon nine times. Why would we fake it nine times, if we faked it?"
Dont know who he is? Google is your friend
ooer

Keeps us off the streets
http://www.purevolume.com/bchordassassins

Emperor Fossil

Re: Did we land on the moon?

Post by Emperor Fossil » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm still trying to convince myself that this thread is just taking the p1ss.

nesmaster wrote:I didn't say that i'm 100% sure that the US didn't land on the moon. I just said that the suits they wore were flimsy
Have you read anything about these flimsy suits? Or do they just look kind of flimsy to you.
stvd wrote:This is why I think they didn't.
To get it right 1st time would have been pretty unlikely.
Unless they had several failed attempts earlier. Which they covered up!!!!!
You're kidding, right? Please? Heh heh? This is a joke? Please tell me it is...
nesmaster wrote:Yes i agree with you. The technology was very limited back then, and would have been very difficult to go to the moon and back.
Yes indeed. I've heard that lots of very complicated mathematics were involved too. Fancy that!
gman72 wrote:I think we did land on the moon 100 percent. However there is a very small chance that the actual moon landing footage was done in a studio in order to convince the russians that we had landed on the moon before they did. When in reality the US landings were actually achieved ater the russians.
Unless I'm mistaken, the Russians never actually succeeded in putting a man on the moon. They only managed some unmanned landings.

Also...

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:09 pm

HA! the youtube comment is so true!
Thoughts and prayers.