9/11

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

I think that...

...it is possible to burn down 3 steel frame buildings with 2 aeroplanes.
68%
...US military patented explosives, such as those evident in the projected dust, were used to demolish the 3 world trade centre buildings.
18%
...this isn't something I should be concerned about, no-one I know has been killed, I've never been to Iraq, why should I care? Pass me the joystick let's get back to Desert Strike.
15%

Total votes: 34

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:28 pm

FatTrucker wrote:I'm sorry but the whole concept is just absurd for so many reasons, and if the American establishment was looking to engineer a reason to go into the Middle East themselves, they certainly wouldn't have needed to destroy the Financial heart of New York to do it....Bush Snr proved that over a decade before.
That really does sum it up.

It's amazing to see the way conspiracy theorists reject every detail in the official reports, no matter how plausible, yet so readily embrace the obvious absurdities that their own half-baked theories entail.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I think all this thread has shown is that the conspiracy theories are entirely based on thoeretical speculation on what the conditions in the buildings were like post impact, what the condition of the structure was beforehand and speculation over how the building collapsed.

There is no real 'credible' evidence as such, merely speculation, supposition and just enough science thrown in to add some credibility.

There is no evidence that there were explosives planted in the building merely supposition and suspicion, there is no evidence that anyone other than the extremists flying the planes carried out the attacks other than supposition and suspicion, there is no credible reason a government would carry out this kind of action when something far less destructive and complicated, would have given them the justifications they were purportedly seeking just as well - this however is also overlooked by the conspiracy theorists.

So I'm still going with the I'm not really interested, humanity is inevitably for the off at some stage anyway, but 9/11.....nah!, stance.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Also, is it me, or is the poll really biased? Either you believe that the US Government blew up the buildings or you're an idiot, seems to be the insinuation of the poll.

Well, pass me my dunce cap...
Antiriad2097 wrote:Jimbo_too, 11% Troll :lol:

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Yep, I love the comment about how the 'projected dust' is evidence of explosives. Definitely and absolutely not concrete dust being vented by the massive volumes of air being ejected at speed by the thousands of tons of pulverised concrete falling on it from above, something that's also generally consistent with the much misquoted 'laws of physics'....no siree....thats plastique that is.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:52 pm

When engineers need to carry out a controlled explosion on buildings a tenth of that size they spend weeks prepping the building, stripping out concrete, putting explosives inside the structure where the concrete has been stripped out etc etc. the WTC was a home or business for thousands of people.
There were multiple evacuations and planned power outages in the weeks beforehand. The information is out there for you to look, it's just tricky to get at, as it keeps hopping around as it gets censored.

The WTC7 building was reported to have collapsed over here before it actually did.
You can see it in the background there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7cOzdj_KHw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100
If one building can fall down on cue, then why not 3?

To be honest I'm surprised that not one person concurred with me on this, given that most of the people I associate with in the UK do.

I'm off to church now, so I'll leave a few things to chew over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0Ms7mId34

Oh and something actually retro gaming related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1nA4SdMus

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Oh and if you have the time, regarding proof of the explosives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMhl-S5MyAc

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm

R. Prime wrote:I'm off to church now, so I'll leave a few things to chew over

To be honest I'm surprised that not one person concurred with me on this, given that most of the people I associate with in the UK do.
Ha ha ha that really makes me laugh. I dont want to bring up the whole religious debate again but here is someone who believes a lot of BS on the net about 911 being a conspiracy, yet he also goes to church and seems to believe theres a God who created the world and Jesus etc. You'll be telling me how Noah and his ark were real next.

Reminds me of when i hacked into a 419 scammers email account and his email to his friend he had sent said "I'm getting the 4000 dollars off the american tomorrow, I'll talk to you more about it when i get back from church" ???!

Lots of my friends have the same views as me, we're not all the same but a lot of peoples friends do have many of the same views/interests, not exactly uncommon. I also have a feeling that many of your 'friends' are online ones you've never met

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Well, I just went looking on the internet, and now I see how blind I was.

According to http://www.hitlerisaliveandlivinginacar ... ington.org, the 9/11 attacks were an attempt by neo-Nazis to make it look like the Jews blew up the World Trade Centre, making it look like an al-Quaeda attack that also looked like it might have been done by the U.S. Government. This was to reignite the white power movement in America and then Adolf Hitler would win the Presidency of the United States in a landslide election and would then pave the way for the alien invasion that was foretold to him in a dream.

I saw it on the internet, so it must be true...

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Proof it was Space Invaders that did it.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_e ... d=26557828

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm

R. Prime wrote:The WTC7 building was reported to have collapsed over here before it actually did.
You can see it in the background there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7cOzdj_KHw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100
If one building can fall down on cue, then why not 3?[/i]
Another mis-quoted piece of circumstantial evidence that just isn't true.

CNN made a mistaken report that the building had collapsed or was near collapsing. The BBC and several other news channels picked this up and ran with it - even though the still-intact WTC7 can be clearly seen behind the reporter - not a very clever move if the BBC were in league with the evil US governement eh? The BBC bodging a live news report on an incredibly hectic news-day? Much more likely.
Full explanation here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2 ... acy_2.html

On the strength of your first piece of supposed 'evidence' I can't say I can be bothered to look at any of the other links you posted. Conspiricy theorists really wind me up. Yes we did walk on the moon you nutters.

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 pm

(Home now...)
I dont want to bring up the whole religious debate again but here is someone who believes a lot of BS on the net about 911 being a conspiracy, yet he also goes to church and seems to believe theres a God who created the world and Jesus etc.
It seems you do believe everything you're told.

I just thought I'd test the water with some kind of Jesus reference. Some people don't want to look at the facts, no matter how good your references are. Debating with you just feels like trying to prove to a christian that god doesn't exist.

Just to clarify, I don't go to church.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I think it was really sad. At the time, I was actually in the US on holiday, luckily nowhere near it, but it didn't stop it putting a real big downer on the holiday. Even though I was safe with my relatives in Denver, it was still a scary experience, especially when the whole country are in a state of shock.

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Another mis-quoted piece of circumstantial evidence that just isn't true.

CNN made a mistaken report that the building had collapsed or was near collapsing. The BBC and several other news channels picked this up and ran with it - even though the still-intact WTC7 can be clearly seen behind the reporter - not a very clever move if the BBC were in league with the evil US governement eh? The BBC bodging a live news report on an incredibly hectic news-day? Much more likely.
The story was published by a Reuters reporter, and then withdrawn. The above does nothing but defend the BBC against the idea that they were somehow "in on it". The fact that it was reported as having collapsed before it did proves that it was a planned event. Did you watch the youtube video I posted above showing the owner of the building say he made the decision to "pull it?

There is much more to it, as I said the information is out there, footage, eyewitnesses.

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:51 pm

R. Prime wrote:Just to clarify, I don't go to church.
I doubt you fooled many people - that was almost too obvious. Why would somebody suddenly announce that they were going to church out-of-context if it wasn't bait?

You aren't really offering us anything groundbreaking here. Certainly nothing I haven't heard before from people I would class as a bit too credulous. If there were some kind of real evidence don't you think that somebody in the real world might have done something about it?

Oh, and so now you're telling me god doesn't exist? :shock:

Maybe we should have a thread about that.

On the other hand, let's not go there...

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:54 pm

R. Prime wrote:The story was published by a Reuters reporter, and then withdrawn. The above does nothing but defend the BBC against the idea that they were somehow "in on it". The fact that it was reported as having collapsed before it did proves that it was a planned event. Did you watch the youtube video I posted above showing the owner of the building say he made the decision to "pull it?

There is much more to it, as I said the information is out there, footage, eyewitnesses.
You're not Fox Mulder in disguise, are you?