9/11

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

I think that...

...it is possible to burn down 3 steel frame buildings with 2 aeroplanes.
68%
...US military patented explosives, such as those evident in the projected dust, were used to demolish the 3 world trade centre buildings.
18%
...this isn't something I should be concerned about, no-one I know has been killed, I've never been to Iraq, why should I care? Pass me the joystick let's get back to Desert Strike.
15%

Total votes: 34

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am

Seriously RPrime its getting embarassing. So you seem to believe articles from this 'junior' engineer who most people dont seem to take seriously, yet you dont believe articles from top bods who say it wasnt a conspiracy ?

Thats the thing with people like you, you go on about us being 'driven by the media' and keep saying we believe everything we're told, but here you are believing every bit of crap you want to believe, and the stuff which is against your views you instantly dismiss those.

Whatever we say or do youre still gonna mould everything in the way you want so you can believe its a conspiracy.

Seriously fella you need to get away from this, spend time with your girlfriend etc instead of larking about reading tosh from some laughable engineer who apparently most people dont take seriously (Dont tell me thats another conspiracy)

Its getting embarassing and a bit cringeworthy to be honest
Emperor Fossil wrote: Mind you, one thing your post did achieve is that it highlighted how ridiculous it is for ordinary Joe Blows like yourself or myself to attempt to discuss something like this in any real depth. In the end, we have to look to the opinions of those who are educated and experienced in these matters. And if we do that, it makes sense to me that we should go with the majority, rather than the odd lonely voice publishing his views on a tripod.com site.
Totally agree ! Great last post by the way. Thats why myself and many others here find R.Primes postings laughable.

I could spend a few days looking at websites who say the earth is flat, find articles where some scientist says it is and lots of other 'research' and put it together to make it look like a good argument but at the end of the day its total rubbish.

I mean lets believe one engineer and lets not believe many others ? R.Prime, your views are just as bad as the 'biased' media as you mention as we're all 'brainwashed people'. Believe what you want to believe. Anyway back to your X Files episodes

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:55 am

Seriously dude, why not just link to the site?
I already did that earlier in the thread. It's right there under technical articles on the second link I posted. To be honest I wasn't sure anyone was actually looking at the links.
Yes, great help of the Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V kind.
Of course! Duh.
I don't believe for a moment that you understood much of what you were copying and pasting
Come on man, give me some credit. Would you believe me if I told you I do understand it? I doubt it. I read the paper and summarised parts of it for you. It makes sense to me. I'm reading some critiques and responses now. Maybe they'll change my mind. I doubt it. :wink:
Emperor Fossil wrote:Also, I'm honestly surprised to find that when I wrote "Colin Powell seemed...
I was actually referring to this:
Smurph wrote:I think he admitted that he went full-steam ahead on information he was given and then realised that it was a pile of stinking horse-poo, hence the resignation.
Which does also arguably apply to me in this thread. I also acknowledged this immediately after I posted.
Mind you, one thing your post did achieve is that it highlighted how ridiculous it is for ordinary Joe Blows like yourself or myself to attempt to discuss something like this in any real depth. In the end, we have to look to the opinions of those who are educated and experienced in these matters.

You are absolutely right.
And if we do that, it makes sense to me that we should go with the majority.
This is the fundamental difference between you and I, I think. I agree we should refer to the educated and experienced, but when the majority opinion is directed by a bunch of criminals, (who also happen to have the power to change laws so they don't apply to them,) and there are obvious questions unanswered, that people are persecuted for asking, I would look for an alternative to the majority. But that's just me.

And if we could leave it at that I would be perfectly happy. Then I could join in on the laughing contest, I think you've laughed on me significantly more. :lol: :wink:

Maybe instead you want to take this to the street (fighter 2) ?

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:46 pm

R. Prime wrote:I'm reading some critiques and responses now. Maybe they'll change my mind. I doubt it. :wink:
Somehow, I doubt it too. :lol:

R. Prime wrote:This is the fundamental difference between you and I, I think. I agree we should refer to the educated and experienced, but when the majority opinion is directed by a bunch of criminals, (who also happen to have the power to change laws so they don't apply to them,) and there are obvious questions unanswered, that people are persecuted for asking, I would look for an alternative to the majority. But that's just me.
Whereas as I think it's more likely that those lone voices are simply wrong, rather than that the majority of experts have all sold-out or been compromised in some way.

R. Prime wrote:And if we could leave it at that I would be perfectly happy. Then I could join in on the laughing contest, I think you've laughed on me significantly more. :lol: :wink:
Well, you know, I'm just a happy kind of guy. But yes, I do think it's best we do leave it at... whatever it's left at now.

R. Prime wrote:Maybe instead you want to take this to the street (fighter 2) ?
Naw, I suck at SF2. I propose that we resort to some other challenge. I suggest we see who can go the longest without posting in this thread.

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:55 pm

Cool.

From http://www.911blogger.com/node/17093:

[quote]Opinions are not evidence. What any single individual can or cannot wrap their minds around is not evidence. A fact is not a fact because someone with credentials says it is; a solid, well reasoned argument must follow no matter who does the talking.

Likewise, a voluminous study conducted by an army of “expertsâ€

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:50 pm

mikeb wrote:Is this thread still going? :roll:
Teasing the retarded kid didn't stop being funny when we all left primary school apparently.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 pm

R. Prime wrote:
But the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) study into the strange collapses of WTC Building’s 1, 2 and 7 is easily the most insidious. This excruciatingly technical and voluminous investigation— thousands of pages in length, costing millions of dollars, and, seven years after the attacks, still having yet to be released in its final form—is the best example of cover-up-by-boredom-and-technical-jargon since the 26 volume Warren Commission report. It also comes to much the same conclusion: apparently the sky is green.
That paragraph is typical of the load of wank you find on conspiracy sites. If NIST release a detailed report of their findings, then it's 'insidious' in its complexity. If it was shorter and simpler, the conspiracy theorists would raise a stink about 'unanswered questions'. But when NIST cover everything in detail, it's 'cover-up-by-boredom-and-technical-jargon.' Never mind that the information is being made available to the public. Never mind that there are summarised explanations and videos on the NIST site. No, by releasing all their findings in detail, it's actually a cover-up! Bear in mind that these accusations are coming from conspiracy theorists who think that Building 7, a building that had been on fire for most of the day, was packed with enough explosives to bring it down, and yet those explosives were somehow able to resist the heat of the fire, just waiting to be detonated when the time was right. :roll:

Dudley wrote:
mikeb wrote:Is this thread still going? :roll:
Teasing the retarded kid didn't stop being funny when we all left primary school apparently.
Come off it. It's not about 'teasing the retarded kid.' It's about not letting outlandish claims go uncontested.

Anyway, as I hope to make this my last post on this subject, here are a few links for those who might have gotten sucked in by some of the conspiracy theorist bollocks that have been linked to in this thread. These are sites that address the claims made by the so-called truth movement.

911myths.com -- Lists of conspiracy claims; click on each claim for a refutation

Debunking911.com -- Another handy site for debunking bogus claims

Nist WTC investigation site

Some youtube vids repsonding to conspiracy claims (for those who like youtube vids!)

Debunk911myths.org

Nutty 9-11 physics

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 am

Come off it. It's not about 'teasing the retarded kid.' It's about not letting outlandish claims go uncontested
After the 50th time it really is.

jimbo_too

Post by jimbo_too » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:32 pm

But it's still fun.
:twisted:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Jimbo_too, 11% Troll :lol:

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:36 pm

LOCKED! Oh wait, I'm not a moderator!

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:23 am

Hey I'm back. I thought that was the end of it.
Emperor Fossil wrote:a building that had been on fire for most of the day, was packed with enough explosives to bring it down, and yet those explosives were somehow able to resist the heat of the fire, just waiting to be detonated when the time was right. :roll:
Typical diversionary tactic here. Say "Conspiracy theorists believe monkeys in 'Kiss the Cook' aprons did it", easily refute that and you've scored a point.

re: 'cover-up-by-boredom-and-technical-jargon.'
Just to correct you - this is not to say that NIST have covered everything, it is to say that they cover up the actual analysis with superfluous details, that give the impression that it is a comprehensive and exhaustive examination. Like the Warren Commission report, which over 26 volumes somehow manages to explain multiple entry and exit wounds in Kennedy's body with a complex theory about a single "magic" bullet.

Is that a point for me? Go on, give us a point. You're an anti-conspiracy nutjob. Is that another point?
Emperor Fossil wrote:It's about not letting outlandish claims go uncontested.
There are a whole bunch of links in this discussion, for and against. (And some excellent point scoring.)
I'm sure anyone reading this is smart enough to make up their own mind.

I thought Dudley's comment was a nice wrap for the thread.
I'm happy being the retarded kid. It is some comfort that I know I'm right. 8)

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

oh my god.....who cares??? really? is any of this sh!t gonna bring back the twin towers and all of those people who lost there lives....no...even if the conspirecy theorists are right, is the goverment ever going to admit they lied..if they in fact did.....no

so shush....no realy shush.... i'm sure you have more important things to worry about!

like my old nan used to say... no point worrying about the stuff that already happend....wory about the sh!t thats about to hit the fan!
(honestly...thats what she used to say!)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:18 am

mohicankid wrote:so shush....no realy shush.... i'm sure you have more important things to worry about!
Totally agree. Just these nutjobs have nothing else to do but look for this crap on the internet. Its quite scary and depressing how it seems to take over their life. The worlds always been full of em but due to the internet they have a 'voice' to air their crap.

Look at the 'world is flat' forums and 'elvis is alive' websites/forums etc, theyre all out there.

If you had someone who had died in 911 then i could understand they might be looking for answers, but a conspiracy nut from the UK who believes what he wants to believe is just amusing.

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:30 pm

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 pm

[quote="psj3809"]Look at the 'world is flat' forums and 'elvis is alive' websites/forums etc, theyre all out there.[.quote]

Elvis is flat, that'd be a good forum to start...

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:29 pm

mohicankid wrote: like my old nan used to say... no point worrying about the stuff that already happend....wory about the sh!t thats about to hit the fan!
(honestly...thats what she used to say!)
So we should never catch any criminals?