9/11

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

I think that...

...it is possible to burn down 3 steel frame buildings with 2 aeroplanes.
23
68%
...US military patented explosives, such as those evident in the projected dust, were used to demolish the 3 world trade centre buildings.
6
18%
...this isn't something I should be concerned about, no-one I know has been killed, I've never been to Iraq, why should I care? Pass me the joystick let's get back to Desert Strike.
5
15%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
felgekarp
Posts: 9351
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am
Location: Earth 3

Post by felgekarp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am

markopoloman wrote:3 steel framed buildings?! I thought it was the Twin Towers because there were two of them :?

It was terrible - it happened - it's in the past.

Lets just pray something like that never happens again.
There was a smaller building that collapsed as well wasn't there, which is where a lot of the conspiracy nuts seem to start going crazy as it was not one that was 'attacked' by a plane, it just collapsed therefore the government must have blown it up.
Splink!

User avatar
Emperor Fossil
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Already rockin the Christmas cap, WOOOOH!

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
Emperor Fossil wrote:This poll is silly. The buildings didn't 'burn down'. The heat from the fire softened the steel supports until they no longer offered sufficient support, at which point the buildings collapsed.
And 3000 innocent people were killed - Unless, they all survived and are living in a commune somewhere watching "when buildings collapse 3" :roll: :roll:
I'm not sure I get your point here.

User avatar
R. Prime
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 am

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 am

Wow, OK. I did gear my questions in a certain way to make a point.
Apologies to anyone who may have been offended.

I think a lot of people base their opinion, and their level of offence, on the revulsion of the idea that the government would do such a thing, rather than the facts.

Most of the rebuttal here is not based on facts, but rather on name calling and denial.
The easiest way to dismiss an uncomfortable reality is by slinging names about - "conspiracy nut" being an easy one to run with.

There were in fact 3 World Trade Centre buildings that fell into their own footprint on that same day. Feel free to research it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_o ... ade_Center

If I could recommend one website to look up:
http://www.ae911truth.org/

I would believe a collective of registered architects and engineers on how a building would fall, than a report driven by a bunch of corporates whose companies profit from war, who also happen to be in the US government.

And to anyone who doesn't believe that the US government would stoop to such things, I would recommend studying some history.

User avatar
jimbo_too
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:45 am

Post by jimbo_too » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am

Funny, 'cause I was in hospital with a tv right in front of me and watched the planes hit the buildings live.

How can you blow up a building at the same time as a passenger jet hits the building? And what would be the point?

Actually, what's the point of this topic?

People like their conspiracy theories, but in this case it seems to be either:

- Bush blew it up to give him an excuse to attack Afghanistan (rather left-field), or even more left-field:
- OMG TEH JOOS DID IT!!!1!! MEL GIBSON WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!!!

Now, as much of an fish-spanking-butt-monkey as I think that Bush might be, I don't think he engineered a war to prop up his ailing presidency. It's handy, sure, but hey it was handy for Blair's poll ratings as well - MAYBE HE DID IT!!!! You heard it here first. :roll:
Image
Antiriad2097 wrote:Jimbo_too, 11% Troll :lol:

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:04 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
Bub&Bob wrote:
Emperor Fossil wrote:This poll is silly. The buildings didn't 'burn down'. The heat from the fire softened the steel supports until they no longer offered sufficient support, at which point the buildings collapsed.
And 3000 innocent people were killed - Unless, they all survived and are living in a commune somewhere watching "when buildings collapse 3" :roll: :roll:
I'm not sure I get your point here.
I was agreeing with you - and making the additional point that lots of people died which is why its both silly and not a very nice subject - as for the commune bit, it was a sarcastic comment on my part about it being a conspiricy
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

User avatar
David
Posts: 3865
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:05 am

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am

R. Prime wrote:
Feel free to research it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_o ... ade_Center
haha wow a wikipedia site it must be true!!!

User avatar
Emperor Fossil
Posts: 1705
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Already rockin the Christmas cap, WOOOOH!

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
Emperor Fossil wrote:
Bub&Bob wrote: And 3000 innocent people were killed - Unless, they all survived and are living in a commune somewhere watching "when buildings collapse 3" :roll: :roll:
I'm not sure I get your point here.
I was agreeing with you - and making the additional point that lots of people died which is why its both silly and not a very nice subject - as for the commune bit, it was a sarcastic comment on my part about it being a conspiricy
Ah, gotcha. It's 1:00 am here, so I'm a bit slow at the moment.
Last edited by Emperor Fossil on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlleyKat
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Boss Rush

Post by AlleyKat » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am

psj3809 wrote: If the US planted explosives or that you know someone would be going to the media for sure, they cant keep it a secret that Monica whatshername was having sex with Clinton, but they can keep it secret about a huge secret mission about blowing up the towers just as some loon flies a plane into the twin towers ? Come on.
This is my take on it also. Governments are generally not to be trusted, true, but they also dont tend to be particularly competent, either.

I also resent the notion that the refusal to swallow conspiracy nut nonsense makes one a gullible, sleepwalking establishment stooge.

Total horsesh!t
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

R. Prime wrote:I think a lot of people base their opinion, and their level of offence, on the revulsion of the idea that the government would do such a thing, rather than the facts.
The idea that the current US gov would do that is pretty scarry but considering the nutter they currently have its not out of the question.
R. Prime wrote:The easiest way to dismiss an uncomfortable reality is by slinging names about - "conspiracy nut" being an easy one to run with.
The uncomfortable reality is that 3000 people died.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

User avatar
R. Prime
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 am

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 am

They believe that windows exploding just before the collapse means that it was explosives however what about the fact that several independent sources have said thata couple of floors collapsed due to structural weaknesses just before the collapse which in turn brought the buildings down, and funny enough, broke some windows outwards on these particular floors?
There are also some nut-jobs out there, who do discredit the whole idea.

I'd rather stick to the facts, however uncomfortable. If you hit a steel core building at the top, the structure below it is still there. The idea that it would just give way, and be pulverised to dust, is ridiculous.
It's just not physically possible.
Especially as the buildings were designed to sustain multiple aeroplane hits each. It's like poking a hole in a flyscreen and the whole thing disintegrating.

Just to make this clear - I know it is a sore point, I apologise if anyone is offended. I think that the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who have been killed in the middle east, as a result of retaliation for this, deserve some consideration.

Check out:
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

User avatar
Smurph
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Co. Antrim
Contact:

Post by Smurph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 am

R. Prime wrote:Most of the rebuttal here is not based on facts, but rather on name calling and denial.
And yet you ignore my question about the explosives that were apparently found in the dust, and send us to Wikipedia and a site with 'teh realzorz' architects. Hmm...
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

psj3809
Posts: 18882
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 am

R. Prime wrote:I think a lot of people base their opinion, and their level of offence, on the revulsion of the idea that the government would do such a thing, rather than the facts.

Most of the rebuttal here is not based on facts, but rather on name calling and denial. The easiest way to dismiss an uncomfortable reality is by slinging names about - "conspiracy nut" being an easy one to run with.

And to anyone who doesn't believe that the US government would stoop to such things, I would recommend studying some history.
A lot of people also base their opinion on what theyve heard from experts, granted there will be a few who say 'well actually someone must have been behind it from the government point of view...' kinda thing but i do find nuts (i believe they are) believe anything they read on the net, on a conspiracy website, or on wikipedia.

If any of this had the slightest bit of truth to it why isnt Bin Laden milking it for everything ?

Please answer me that. If Bin Laden wasnt behind it then he would be sending videos to Al Jazeera (which they would broadcast so none of this media conspiracy stuff) saying i didnt do it, your government are corrupt and did this themselves ?

Talk about pot kettle black, youre mentioning the usual 'nut' comments but its also the same for the 'non-believers' with all this 'dont you have a brain' or 'believe what the government tell you...' rubbish.

This is what happens when people watch way too many X Files.

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 am

R. Prime wrote:If you hit a steel core building at the top, the structure below it is still there. The idea that it would just give way, and be pulverised to dust, is ridiculous.
It's just not physically possible.
That maybe true but how do we know for sure that the architects / builders didn't make an error during design or construction?
R. Prime wrote:Especially as the buildings were designed to sustain multiple aeroplane hits each. It's like poking a hole in a flyscreen and the whole thing disintegrating.
Also, in the 1970's how do you test that? Did they build one first and fly a plane into it to test it?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809
Posts: 18882
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 am

R. Prime wrote:Just to make this clear - I know it is a sore point, I apologise if anyone is offended. I think that the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who have been killed in the middle east, as a result of retaliation for this, deserve some consideration.

Check out:
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
I actually felt sorry for President Bush, people go on about that film where he looks stunned when he hears the news about 911 when hes at that school. You get the usual anti-Bush people slating his reaction !

I'm also not surprised the US went crazy after 911 and went for Iraq/Afghanistan (regardless of oil) as something like 911 never has happened before so you knew the US were going to retaliate.

Granted many innocent people have died in the middle east which is terrible but blame the people who started all of this, religious nutters such as Bin Laden. Thats why i'm anti-religion, just wish they could all get along, i dont care what religion someone is. So the US purposely brought down the twin towers and then wanted to go to Afghanistan/Iraq and kill lots of innocents ? Come on.

Sadly we're still going to get people believing tripe on wikipedia, conspiracy sites and after reading up on this tosh they really think they know the truth. Its amazing that no one at all has come out and said "I was on a secret mission and helped put explosives under the building but i want to tell the truth, i had to detonate them at the exact same time the plane went into the tower...' etc.

Just a load of crap. Get back to your David Icke websites. Someone said it on the net so it must be true
Bub&Bob wrote:
R. Prime wrote:Especially as the buildings were designed to sustain multiple aeroplane hits each. It's like poking a hole in a flyscreen and the whole thing disintegrating.
Also, in the 1970's how do you test that? Did they build one first and fly a plane into it to test it?
Totally agree, how many tests have they done about planes flying into towers at great speeds ? None.
Last edited by psj3809 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
R. Prime
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 am

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am

I also resent the notion that the refusal to swallow conspiracy nut nonsense makes one a gullible, sleepwalking establishment stooge.
True - apologies for the insinuation. It wasn't the smartest thing to kick off with. I agree.

Having studied physics though, I cannot accept that just planes did that.
It's not possible. Not in a million years.
Once you have one question, you look for the answer and just find another question.

To be honest I'd rather not have thought about it, my view of the world is forever tarnished.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MattySlug and 3 guests