Page 8 of 13

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 am
by R. Prime
Why wouldn't the planes alone be enough to suit their needs?
There would be less of an insurance payout, on a policy signed 6 weeks prior to the attack. The destruction of the building also removes the need for the excess of 1 billion dollars worth of asbestos removal the owner was required to do by law.

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:02 am
by Crunchy
There is some really, really great bollocks being spouted in this thread.

I salute this thread! Long may it spout bollocks! :lol:

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:22 am
by markopoloman
SOME?!?!!??!

I disagree Crunchy - its ALL BOLLOCKS in this thread.

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:36 am
by psj3809
You wait till the 'Is father xmas real ?' thread ! There's gonna be some controversial comments in that one !

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:48 am
by TMR
psj3809 wrote:You wait till the 'Is father xmas real ?' thread !
Erm... is there any doubt that he is...? [Apprehensive puppy dog eyed look]

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 pm
by psj3809
TMR wrote:
psj3809 wrote:You wait till the 'Is father xmas real ?' thread !
Erm... is there any doubt that he is...? [Apprehensive puppy dog eyed look]
Still remember that day when i realised he wasnt , gutted.

I was 28 and..err ahem, i meant 12 years old and...

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 pm
by jimbo_too
R. Prime wrote:I tell you what I make a damn good cup of tea.
Owing to differences in the initial impacts, the collapses of the two towers were found to differ in some respects, but in both cases, the same sequence of events applies. After the impacts had severed exterior columns and damaged core columns, the loads on these columns were redistributed. The hat trusses at the top of each building played a

...

A combination of three factors allowed the north tower to remain standing longer, the region of impact was higher (so the gravity load on the most damaged area was lighter), the speed of the plane was lower (so there was less impact damage), and the affected floors had received partially upgraded fire proofing.
So you do believe everything you are told. Sounds great on paper, but it doesn't work in practice. I've checked out the wtc.nist.gov website, they've done no successful physical tests, and they admit they massaged the numbers to a "more severe" level (basically off the scale) until the simulations matched the "closest agreement with the visual and physical evidence".

Also they did not simulate the collapse, only the initial impact and fire because "the propagation of the collapse was readily explained without the same complexity of modeling". I would say it's because they couldn't get it to work, because it just doesn't stand up to basic laws of conservation of momentum, and of energy. The core columns and the steel matrix that makes up the support for the building are effectively as strong as solid block. The weight that fell on them was already supported by those same columns. Then all of a sudden they give way, with no resistance, and fall at free fall speed.

Check out their FAQ.

Propaganda is propaganda, no matter how many big words it uses. Power to you, if you are able to identify it. Sometimes it's easy.

Just out of curiosity Emperor Fossil, have you studied physics? I find more often than not, the people I end up disagreeing with on this have not. Or those who have, tend to read something like this and end up wholly convinced. I don't claim to be any kind of expert debater or spokesman, but the guy in that link does a pretty good job. Certainly better than me.

Something else if you are interested: contains some eyewitness testimony and news coverage from the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBOel-LyJ_E
I'm not going to argue any more. Go make me a cup of tea, damn it!

(By the way, I am clearly right :wink: )

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:35 pm
by R. Prime
I'm not going to argue any more. Go make me a cup of tea, damn it!
:D Excellent, one down, 16 to go.

Some great propaganda on this site too

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:47 pm
by R. Prime
Erm... is there any doubt that he is...?
Yeah that's p!ssed me off about the whole father xmas conspiracy. The parents tried to tell me but I wouldn't accept it. I held off believing for as long as possible, all the kids at school thought I was crazy.

I thought if I stopped believing the presents would stop.

But hey, it turned out to be OK.

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:54 pm
by psj3809
R. Prime wrote:I thought if I stopped believing the presents would stop.

But hey, it turned out to be OK.
Same here. Thats why i carried on believing into my 20's, still put the stocking at the end of my bed just in case if i didnt i wouldnt get any presents.

One reason i didnt leave home till quite late because i thought Father Xmas would stop giving me a lot of presents.

I did always find it a huge coincidence that when we left Father Xmas a double whiskey and some cake, my dad also loved exactly the same cake and whiskey as well. Weird coincidence eh ? Small world.

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:40 pm
by ToxieDogg
Father Xmas is real....at least in the sense that he exists as the Xmas spirit that affects us all during the last few weeks of the year.


At least that's what I keep telling myself to ease the pain of waking up to an empty stocking on Xmas morning..... :cry:

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:43 pm
by felgekarp
Not even a tangerine and a couple of walnuts Toxie?

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm
by ToxieDogg
No, but once I peeked in my mum and dad's wardrobe a few weeks before Xmas Day, found some wrapped up computer games, and ended up with just a lump of coal on Xmas morning...... :cry:

The wrath of Santa towards non-believers is both swift and cruel :cry:

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:04 pm
by sscott
ToxieDogg wrote:No, but once I peeked in my mum and dad's wardrobe a few weeks before Xmas Day, found some wrapped up computer games, and ended up with just a lump of coal on Xmas morning...... :cry:

The wrath of Santa towards non-believers is both swift and cruel :cry:
Glad you didn't go in your parents closet and not find anything more untoward! :wink:

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:35 pm
by ToxieDogg
What, do you mean like a secret passage to Narnia or something? ;)