9/11

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

I think that...

...it is possible to burn down 3 steel frame buildings with 2 aeroplanes.
68%
...US military patented explosives, such as those evident in the projected dust, were used to demolish the 3 world trade centre buildings.
18%
...this isn't something I should be concerned about, no-one I know has been killed, I've never been to Iraq, why should I care? Pass me the joystick let's get back to Desert Strike.
15%

Total votes: 34

R. Prime

9/11

Post by R. Prime » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:45 am

I just thought with the 7 years since that attack happened in the US, I'd be interested to know whether the whole story still washes with you guys.

It baffles me how sometimes smart people don't think very hard about what they're told. Most "retrobates" are on the higher side of the brainy scale I like to think.

[not too off topic I hope ;)]

David

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:53 am

whoah 7 years, can't believe it was that long ago.

Anyhoo, here's a pic for the internet conspiracy theorists.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:59 am

3 steel framed buildings?! I thought it was the Twin Towers because there were two of them :?

It was terrible - it happened - it's in the past.

Lets just pray something like that never happens again.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:01 am

Oh no ! Not the conspiracies about 911 !

Nothing like that has ever happened before so when the towers fell it was shocking, when have two planes ever gone into two huge towers like this ? I cant believe that the US or that were behind it which some conspiracy nuts seem to think.

If it wasnt Al Quaeda then you know 100% that Bin Laden and his cronies would be saying to the world 'the US did it, its nothing to do with us', they could easily tell Al Jazeera or other journalists that.

Do the crazy Al Quaeda gang say that ? Nope ! The only people who are saying that are the people with way too much time on their hands to read nut-job conspiracies that the US government were behind it etc.

In the old days you wouldnt hear much from these nuts but because of the net any person can now set up a page to say 'the US are behind....' and put a ton of ridiculous reasons why they are etc.

I've read a few of the conspiracy stuff and some makes you think 'damn what if' but you can write any stuff like that , look at the nuts who believe the earth is flat (I went to their forum and its quite scary the way they go on about non-believers !).

But IF the US government were behind it you know instantly Bin Laden and his gang would be planting the whole 'your government is corrupt, they did that to the towers....' mularky but nope, they planned it and were happy as hell with the chaos they caused. If the US planted explosives or that you know someone would be going to the media for sure, they cant keep it a secret that Monica whatshername was having sex with Clinton, but they can keep it secret about a huge secret mission about blowing up the towers just as some loon flies a plane into the twin towers ? Come on.
R. Prime wrote:It baffles me how sometimes smart people don't think very hard about what they're told. Most "retrobates" are on the higher side of the brainy scale I like to think.
I dont agree with this at all, so i believe 'what i'm told' so i'm not brainy ? However a lot of the nuts who believe its a huge conspiracy arent crazy and instead are on the 'higher scale' ? Come on. 9/11 is a conspiracy theorists wet dream.

I think its very disrespectful to the 1000's of people who died when people talk like this.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:04 am

Controversial.

I think that whatever you views on this situation (and people's views differ vastly it seems), the main thing to remember here is that a huge amount of people lost their lives in a horrible. horrible way and that their surviving relatives are still suffering now. I think that in respect of that, maybe it isn't such a good idea to dredge this subject up and turn it into a conspiracy theory.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 am

IMO - stupid, insensitive, waste of forum space poll
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

David

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:23 am

OK lets say the americans did just decide to blow up thousands of their own people one day.

Surely there would a good few people who knew about the planning of this event. Would every single one of them be trusted to never say anything about it?

absolute bollocks as far as I am concerned.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 am

Totally agree. But you know for sure Bin Laden would be telling the world that the US were behind it if that was the case.

Just wish people would sometimes accept the truth, if you believe the US werent behind it then they say you cant think for yourself, that youre a lemming and all that BS.

David

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am

sometimes I think the internet is the worst invention ever.

It's given all these crackpots a chance to get together in their thousands and peddle their crazed theories.

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am

Conspiracy theories about 9/11 are the worst and most disrespectful thing ever, IMHO. I'd also enjoy not being told I'm stupid simply because I believe that 9/11 was as seen. In fact, the conspiracy theorists are the stupid ones (sorry Prime, but this includes you).

For example, to explain some of their 'facts' is very easy. They believe that windows exploding just before the collapse means that it was explosives however what about the fact that several independent sources have said thata couple of floors collapsed due to structural weaknesses just before the collapse which in turn brought the buildings down, and funny enough, broke some windows outwards on these particular floors?

Yeah, explain that away, 'smart' boy.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 am

US military patented explosives, such as those evident in the projected dust, were used to demolish the 3 world trade centre buildings.
This is also complete and utter lies. Can I see a source please?
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:11 am

You hear the same rubbish all the time "Cant you have your own opinions, do you have to listen to others" when i've heard nuts go on about 911 being a conspiracy and me not believing them.

As i said on the 'the world is flat forum' its quite scary actually reading the way these idiots go on about 'non believers' and make us sound the mental ones !

But yeah the comment about us not being 'smart' by R.Prime did censored me off because we dont believe the nutters.

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:25 am

This poll is silly. The buildings didn't 'burn down'. The heat from the fire softened the steel supports until they no longer offered sufficient support, at which point the buildings collapsed.

David

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:28 am

I think all the consipracy wackos should be locked in a building and a couple of emtpy planes dropped on top of them.

They will soon realise how easily a building collapses.

plus I won't have to listen to their crap any more.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:This poll is silly. The buildings didn't 'burn down'. The heat from the fire softened the steel supports until they no longer offered sufficient support, at which point the buildings collapsed.
And 3000 innocent people were killed - Unless, they all survived and are living in a commune somewhere watching "when buildings collapse 3" :roll: :roll:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward