Random Irritations

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:50 am

Opa-Opa wrote:
Smurph wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote: Agreed - Weak minded fools who can't cope with normal everyday life.
I've decided to come back and edit what was a nasty post, as there's no need for me to start name calling and bring myself to your levels.

Never had depression then?
No I haven't, I'm not a weak minded fool...
In contrast, I have suffered from depression in the past, to the point of being near suicidal.

But I don't think depression is a catch all 'illness'. I was, quite clearly, mental at that point and needed locking up for the safety of myself and those around me just like all mental people.

As Opa says, I was a weak minded fool unable to cope with everyday life at that point. I can accept that diagnosis.

I got over it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:35 am

Erm ...

On a lighter note I hate that Budweiser advert with those hillbillies singing "oh baby baby" over and over again.

And dropping things.

That is annoying.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 am

Buying stuff cheap on ebay, then spending so much money sorting it out that you may as well have bought new.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 am

Bigoted idiots who form snooty internet cliques with each other, make what they clearly know will be offensive comments, and then back each other up to the hilt, just for the sake of arguing with the majority and because they can't accept that they may have been in the wrong for once.

Otherwise known as 'trolling'.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Bigoted idiots who form snooty internet cliques with each other, make what they clearly know will be offensive comments, and then back each other up to the hilt, just for the sake of arguing with the majority and because they can't accept that they may have been in the wrong for once.

<3
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:27 pm

AlleyKat wrote:Jesus.
:shock:
Why does our Lord censored you off?
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:55 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:Bigoted idiots who form snooty internet cliques with each other, make what they clearly know will be offensive comments, and then back each other up to the hilt, just for the sake of arguing with the majority and because they can't accept that they may have been in the wrong for once.

People who ignore that the first person to say that has demonstrable experience of it in order to make a point and feel smug for a bit.

People who think that anyone who at any point disagrees with them must be part of a snooty internet clique.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:17 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote:Freeview reception - why does it suck?
I could say the same about Sky reception. I have Sky (well, actually Sky equipment but no longer have a subscription ....... so effectively FreeSat/Freeview through a satellite dish) but the damn thing keeps losing channels, and sometimes it happens when I'm actually watching something, and that dreaded blue screen with the yellow banner "FOR YOUR INFORMATION" followed by "No satellite signal is being received" or "There is a technical fault with this channel" - it also seems to happen when I watching Football or something, and I'll miss an important goal. But Sky/FreeSat/whoever else, won't do a censored thing to fix it! The dish is a communal dish (I live in flats) and the 84yr old lady downstairs has Sky and she's having the same difficulty, making the problem something to do with the dish, which was installed recently, so why won't they get off their lazy back-sides and sort it out!?! :x

I've also got a Freeview box, but saying that, reception is really good. It never used to be however, but some nice aerial bloke who was working up the road, came down to ours, in his own time, and replaced the cabling to most of the flats, out of the goodness of his heart. Because of that, one good turn deserves another, I got him a 24-pack of beers (after asking him if he drinks beer, of course!) - since then, Freeview (or Crapview as I usually call it) is perfect, reception wise. It's a shame it's all censored!!!

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Dudley wrote:People who ignore that the first person to say that has demonstrable experience of it in order to make a point and feel smug for a bit.

People who think that anyone who at any point disagrees with them must be part of a snooty internet clique.
Well what a surprise. Dudley weighs in with an opinion, proving the clique theory.

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 pm

have to agree with some views there,the parents bringing kids into mc donalds then wonder why they are so fat,another annoying thing is when they are shouting and roaring in supermarket while the parents are ignoreing them sometimes makes me want tell them to shut up!,depression itself can be frustrating,i had someone close to me suffer from it,then cant simply snap out of it,sometimes you wish they would,but you have to have mercy with them
Last edited by Fred83 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:20 pm

Smurph wrote:
Dudley wrote:People who ignore that the first person to say that has demonstrable experience of it in order to make a point and feel smug for a bit.

Well what a surprise. Dudley weighs in with an opinion, proving the clique theory.
So your allowed to slate people for having an opinion ( you and your little group of like minded cliquy mates ) but Dudley isn't..?
How does that work then, what makes your posts "vaild points" and his "trolling"..?
In fact why did you make that post at all, just to have a little dig maybe or was it because you wanted to wind him up and have a little spat with him because your bored..?

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:47 pm

I despair.

So Toxie stuck up for me because I was offended by your remarks, and that makes us a clique? Get a life.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Dudley wrote:

People who ignore that the first person to say that has demonstrable experience of it in order to make a point and feel smug for a bit.

Why did you quote me? I merely stated an opinion about something tha irritates me, with regards to no-one in particular.

There is no need to be paranoid. Unless you feel you have something to be paranoid about.
Last edited by ToxieDogg on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:
Smurph wrote:

So your allowed to slate people for having an opinion ( you and your little group of like minded cliquy mates ) but Dudley isn't..?
How does that work then, what makes your posts "vaild points" and his "trolling"..?
In fact why did you make that post at all, just to have a little dig maybe or was it because you wanted to wind him up and have a little spat with him because your bored..?
Nobody (least of all me) named anybody in particular as a 'troll'. What makes you feel that it was aimed at anyone?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Smurph wrote:I despair.

So Toxie stuck up for me because I was offended by your remarks, and that makes us a clique? Get a life.
That doesn't answer my questions..

Why were you offeneded by my remarks.?
This is a silly little thread where people are saying silly little things because we were asked to and now because you got a little bit offended instead of just keeping shut and letting people have a bit of a moan about stuff, your trying to ruin the whole topic by having a dig at certain members because you have taken a bit of a dislike to them.

If your so easily offended by nothing threads on a silly forum then your the one that needs to examine their life, not me mate...