Random Irritations

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Even more:

Wasps - insect bastards

Stubbing my toe - bloody hurts

The mother of a 15 year old girl who weighs 33 stone who says she could not afford healthy food.
I am not a consumer expert but I expect that fruit and veg costs less than chocolate, crisps and takeaways.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:12 pm

leefishuk wrote:Even more:

Wasps - insect bastards

Stubbing my toe - bloody hurts

The mother of a 15 year old girl who weighs 33 stone who says she could not afford healthy food.
I am not a consumer expert but I expect that fruit and veg costs less than chocolate, crisps and takeaways.
Couldn't agree more on both of these....

We have a wasp nest in our garden compost bin at the moment, an I had the audacity (in my own garden!) to knock against it last week when playing footie with my son, and we had run in the house pronto, and I "only" got stung twice! First time I have ever been stung...

Just for the record, I also hate people who I call "Fortyc*nts"... no matter what the speed limit they will always be doing 40.... 60 limit you're held up... 30 limit they pull away from you (after holding you up)....

Apart from a 40 limit.... then they do 30.... :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Depressed people. Its not a proper illness. Get over it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 am

• Going into large retailers each year,(e.g fenwicks)in the summer,to find they have their heating turned on full blast,so it's hotter in there than outside,and asking a staff member about it who then tells me "the heating system is broke,so we can't turn it off".

Same this year,as soon as i went in the doors,i turned right around and walked back out,getting blasted by those silly ceiling heaters above the doors.
  • That advert on telly,spelling out the impending doom that's coming to destroy the planet,all from leaving my tv on standby,you know the one,it shows the invisible trails of carbon from houses,cars and factories.
    That must also have been what caused the ice age to come and pass,not just down to natural cycles of course .:?
  • Bio fuels.
    The fresh, new ,clean ,renewable energy source,that comes from plants like corn, sugar cane and palm oil.

But then you find out about the massive deforestation that goes on,to plant fields of palm oil and sugar cane in their place.

:(
  • Adverts from car makers,showing their greener cars, that emit less harmful emissions ,but the process involved in making the damn things produces huge amounts of waste. :roll:
  • Utility companies that send some o.a.p a massive bill,threatening them to pay or we'll cut you off ,only to find that they've estimated the bill,and based it off of what a family of four or more would use,when there's only 1 o.a.p who lives by their self.
  • People who moan about their xbox 360's rrod on them,but are ready to take delivery of their 3rd,4th ,5th or whatever number replacement(i'll give it one more chance(i doubt even kevin keegan would give it that many chances)),toss pots.
  • Spending a few hours in the garden weeding,only to look out your front window two days later, to find more of the buggers in their place,more than what were there in the first place.
  • Going into a large well known supermarket,hoping to get some tasty bacon,then you look at a packet of it,tip it to the side a bit and you see a shiny green effect on the bacon ,so you choose another packet and that's the same,then you look, and all the packets are all the same.
    So you choose to get some ham off the bone, over at the deli counter,get home and start making your sandwich,and find that this so called fresh ham also has the same nasty green going off effect on it
    :evil:
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:13 am

Album ad movie adverts on TV - everything is 5 f***ing stars - says 102.8 W**k FM or Uncut Magazine. "The Love Guru is Mike Myers at his Best" says Grazia magazine!" Liars!

People saying "and I was like..."

"he was like no way"
"I was like..."

People who swear every other word as they are unable to form articulate cohesive sentences, or more likely, want to appear dead 'ard.

"So I fu**ing got my fu**ing newspaper from the fu**ing shop and me fu**ing mate says getta us a fu**ing copy of Zoo, fu**ing £1.50 I said you can f*** off!"

Typing a whole sentence on the computer and realising uou've still got CAPS LOCK on.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 am

Management Buzz Words.....saying something that management think sounds good, but is absolute utter bullocks!

For example:

We are presently diversifying our attempts to incentivise our resources into further improving our present productivity!

WTF?!? I would just say "we are trying to get everyone to work harder to make more money!"

W@nkers!

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:37 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Depressed people. Its not a proper illness. Get over it.
:evil:

When that depression leads onto cutting themselves up,then the police taking them off a bridge and getting that person sectioned,(and having to stay in a place that you can't leave ,which has some very sick and scary people,the kind of which you never ever want to be walking around in public )to prevent further harm to themselves and serious physical harm to others,that depression eh !.
:twisted:

Because i am fuming with what you have just said ,unless you have some medical or Psychological background or experienced some of the mental health problems first hand, you haven't a clue what can and does go on in the mind of someone who's clinically depressed, ,that statement is just so very very wrong and such a stupid thing to say.

To me ,it's the sounding of an oaf,a government minister or some so called "trained" DWP employee ,and because of what you've said, it's going to have me in such an angry mood all day,and i'm just going to have to stay away from this website,this computer,otherwise it's likely to go through the wall.
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 am

I think what Antriad said was wrong but equally I don't think he meant to offend anyone.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:51 am

Agreed - Weak minded fools who can't cope with normal everyday life.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am

Jesus.
:shock:
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am

People who take random silly threads on the internet way too seriously and get angry about them.

Mental people.

[both of the above may be the same thing ;)]
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:12 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:People who take random silly threads on the internet way too seriously and get angry about them.

Mental people.

[both of the above may be the same thing ;)]
Get that man a prize!

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 am

People who get on the bus look at the first 2 rows of seats (which are always full) and then stand at the fron of the bus because they are too stupid to walk 5 yards to the back end of the bus where there are always loads of seats. Then when anyone else gets on they automatically assume the bus is full and there is a big pile up of stupid people blocking the way off the bus when I want to get off.

2 people (normally a mother pushing a pram and her ugly mother) walking `2 abreast` on a small path, so anyone walking in the opposite direction has to stop and then get a look of death from the rancid old woman as you scowl at her for blocking the path.

People who think that taking the kids to the shopping centre is a fun day out for the kids....they hate looking through 47 racks of clothing in Primark so dont shout at them when they are bored...take them to the beach or the park...

People who smoke right outside any building or shopping centre - ignorant gets

Game shop staff who question your purchases..

People who use supermarkets as a social centre and block the aisle talking to someone who they dont really care about about really boring topics such as `we`ve just come back from Spain it rained all week`

People who end every sentence with `do you know what I mean`...yes I speak english and I have functioning ears.

Managers who ask you to attend a team meeting to air your opinions and then dont like it when you air your opinions.

Work colleagues who think that `a good days work` is watching family Guy on an ipod or stroking the same bit of hair all day whilst booking a holiday online, and then when someone wants to speak to them on the phone they are `in a meeting all afternoon`

Team bonding exercises at work and works nights out - I am there to work not be your friend - you all suck anyway.

Freeview reception - why does it suck?

The sky man in the town centre who every day asks me `do you have sky` and still gets annoyed when I reply `yes it is above the ground and I get it for free`

Onions on pizzas.......onion should only be eaten raw

Vets who charge £5.50 to trim my rabbits nails (time taken 1.5 minutes - hourly rate = £220.00)

broken wine bottles (normally lambrini) strewn on pathways.

Fosters lager cans strewn everywhere.

Emulators that need an awful lot of fiddling to get them to work. (why cant I just install it and chuck the roms on a folder called ROMS)

Teenager Americans on Xbox Live - I honestly dont need to type any more

Stupid mothers in games shops who pander to their annoying childrens demands......even if it is a 18 game

Bad parents.....should be shot with censored

people who phone the wrong number and then when you say `sorry I think you have the wrong number` get very irate and still demand to speak to `billy` at which point I say I will just go and get him then place the phone down (still connected) and start playing a game or read a book.....4 minutes is the longest anyone has waited before hanging up....Billy Billy BILLY are you there...?

people who knock on your door at teatime (charity or salesman or religious) and get shirty when you say `I am not interested` to which they reply `you dont know what I am offering` to which I retort `F*** Off) - does anyone ever buy anything from someone knocking on the door...If I want something I will decide where I buy it from. Arseholes

That will do for now.

Very therapeutic this post....

:)

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:24 am

Opa-Opa wrote:
I've decided to come back and edit what was a nasty post, as there's no need for me to start name calling and bring myself to your levels.

Never had depression then? Obviously it can't be a proper condition then, since you haven't experienced it. I've never had Tourette's Syndrome, but I don't say it doesn't exist simply because I know nothing about it. Spare me your uninformed opinions until you know what kind of an affliction it really is.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 am

Smurph wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:
I've decided to come back and edit what was a nasty post, as there's no need for me to start name calling and bring myself to your levels.

Never had depression then?
No I haven't, I'm not a weak minded fool...