Random Irritations

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:32 pm

this could well be the best thread ever (c)

also, another thing that gets me is every time your walking, some inconsiderate bastard decides to walk straight in front of you, be it old granny/young kid/chavette with push chair. then they look at you as though its YOUR fault.

Dont they do glasses for incompetent people? do they even know how to use them? do they even know how to use their own brains, if they have them at all?

but honestly, who breeds these censored idiots? there is someone out there, breeding chav's and prats and they need castrating (for the bloke) and a cork and cement (for the bird).
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

JackPainter

Post by JackPainter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Pointless celebrities - Jade Goody, Kerry Katona

Terrible sketch shows that ride off the success of Little Britain - Katy Brand's Big Ass Show

Rubbish adverts - Slim Fast advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBHcfUo0Gw

Talentless filmmakers that make loads of money in Hollywood - Micheal Bay
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 am

People who walk up escalators. If you want to walk, take the stairs.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:34 am

JetSetWilly wrote:this could well be the best thread ever (c)

also, another thing that gets me is every time your walking, some inconsiderate bastard decides to walk straight in front of you, be it old granny/young kid/chavette with push chair. then they look at you as though its YOUR fault.

Dont they do glasses for incompetent people? do they even know how to use them? do they even know how to use their own brains, if they have them at all?

but honestly, who breeds these censored idiots? there is someone out there, breeding chav's and prats and they need castrating (for the bloke) and a cork and cement (for the bird).
:lol: Nicely put! :lol:

But I do agree, other pedestrians who can see you walking, step out in front of you and walk twenty times slower than you are ..... well, they are a menace to society.

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:43 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:People who walk up escalators. If you want to walk, take the stairs.
:lol: But that's the problem... there are no stairs. Or at least, trying to use them will probably set off a fire alarm or something.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:People who walk up escalators. If you want to walk, take the stairs.
:lol: But that's the problem... there are no stairs. Or at least, trying to use them will probably set off a fire alarm or something.
If you were meant to walk on escalators, they wouldn't be escalators, they would be stairs. Mother ingrained in me very young - do not walk on escalators, do not stand at the edge of the escalator, keep your hand on the rail.
Seriously, are you telling me that waiting the few seconds it takes to get to the top will ruin your day? Its like people who speed or drive up your bum, yet minutes later you end up sitting next to them at a junction again - it achieves nothing.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

David

Post by David » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:18 am

Totally agree with the vegetarian thing.

Courgettes are the work of the devil, but they are in every single british veggie meal ever.

Mind you, it doesn't help that I am a vegetarian that doesn't like most vegetables :? :shock:

The Master

Post by The Master » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:19 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:If you were meant to walk on escalators, they wouldn't be escalators, they would be stairs.
Oh come on... are you serious?! Although sadly, many share your view... few, it seems, truly appreciate the escalator, and the possibilities it provides:

gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:45 am

people who have those bluetooth earpieces in when theyre not doing anything with their hands! i saw a bloke in the shopping centre the other day with his hands in his pockets, and i thought he was mentally ill, just nattering away, he turns round hes got one of those things flashing blue things in his tab!

butch women

women with a six pack

a sausage cob in the bakers near work costing £2.08 ! they were 95p at one time.

going to a shop such as woolworths or HMV and them having an entire shelf of one game, taking the box to the till to be told they havent got any in stock. SO WHY HAVE ABOUT 20 CASES OUT THEN WITH NO NOTIFICATION THAT YOU'VE SOLD OUT!

people in subway who cant understand "how it works". pick a bread, pick and filling and decide what salad you want. how hard is that!?

people who dont like Jimmy Carr.

people who dont like Gavin and Stacey.

people who dont work because they cant be arsed. they should take those tossers round hospital wards and show them people who would do anything to be fit enough to work.

people on benefits "playing the system" and thinking their really clever.

people who tuck tracksuit bottoms into their socks

chavs who give burberry a bad name. thats a classic british style thats been destroyed forever by dobbers who wear those "real burberry" £10 bomber jackets from the indoor market.

people who refer to others as "blood". your not in los angeles now, homie.

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 am

Having an Arcade cab turn up on a local classified ads site for £20. With currently no way of picking it up and storing it.

Got a seat for each of my arse cheeks too :shock:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:23 am

STranger81 wrote: people who tuck tracksuit bottoms into their socks

people who refer to others as "blood". your not in los angeles now, homie.
Totally agree with these two !

I cant stand joggers who wear the tiniest pair of shorts there are, theyre like a 1970's advert or something. The joggers i cant stand are the over 50's, go and have a sandwich or something, look like a stick insect and theyre running around non-stop.

Also the thing about 'blood'. I reallyyyy cant stand kids in England (specially middle class) who think theyre from the 'hood or something when they get a huge allowance from their folks, get a new car bought for them etc and they think theyre 'street'

Cant stand 'maxed up cars', just total chav mobiles. Theyre some crappy old car they got for 500 quid, first car, they put spoilers on it, loud bumpers, paint the car bright yellow, get some stupid italic numberplate and think theyre the bees knees when theyre driving round town on a friday night blasting out some dance rubbish thinking theyre cool. No mate, you look a censored, people are enjoying themselves in the pub and your posing like some muppet thinking it will impress people.

The second you burn off at the traffic lights people dont think "thats cool, wow wish i had a car like that", nope theyre laughing at you thinking what a stupid chav car hes got !

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:36 am

Many kids aspire to these sh1tty cars unfortunately, the talking 'street' is a particular irritant to me at school, they all have 'crews', oh please!
Oh, just noticed, a year on the forum today :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:52 am

Dont get me wrong there are sadly many gangs who carry knives, rob people, total scum.

But its when you get all these other kids who want to be 'cool' and be in a gang etc, the fake ones (thankfully).

Gangsta rap first arrived in the late 80's, i loved the music but didnt become an idiot pretending to be in a gang, carry a weapon or think i was from the hood etc, its laughable

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 am

STranger81 wrote: going to a shop such as woolworths or HMV and them having an entire shelf of one game, taking the box to the till to be told they havent got any in stock. SO WHY HAVE ABOUT 20 CASES OUT THEN WITH NO NOTIFICATION THAT YOU'VE SOLD OUT!
I agree with this one, when I was trying to get Mario Kart for the Wii I went into Game, took one of the shelf and was told at the cash desk they hadn't any in stock yet the entire shop was littered with boxes for it, then I get a dirty look when I appear to be disgruntled.
Splink!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 am

Commander Jameson wrote:People who insist on having iPods on in company
Does it count if I'm doing it because I don't like the company I'm in? 'Awkward' silences don't bother me, but I don't want to talk to you and I need to pass the time somehow. Is ignoring you by reading an equal sin?

NB: This is only an example. I do not really dislike you. No, not you, the other you.