When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Something irritaing in the extreme:

Microsoft Windows ........ 'nuff said! :roll:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:46 pm

People who moan about Microsoft, when without them we'd have no compatibility and everyone would be running different software from what you had, just like the C64/Spectrum days and you ended up missing out on loads of really good games (unless you bought more computers)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

I agree ! Thanks to Microsoft i've got a decent job, i'm happy with Windows XP, hardly had any problems over the years (compared to 98 etc)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Cheese.

Well people who think that because you're vegetarian you love cheese. Had a burrito last week and the inside was cheese, with cheese on top. Basically a big lump of cheese and not the good stuff, that cheap industrial grade cheese.

Pubs that charge the same amount for a stuffed pepper as for a steak. Pubs that sell stuffed peppers.
Stuffed peppers.
Stuffed peppers that have been stuffed with cheese.

There's some great vegetarian food out there especially Chinese, Indian and Italian. Just not English.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:42 pm

The Spanish catering industry - ham & cheese is not a vegetarian option and a bun with some lettuce in it is not a veggie burger.

Pigs in general. They taste funny.

Cinema food prices.

Slugs. Especially the brown ones.

Smelly people who get in the lift with you.

People who don't flush. There are 6 toilets in our office, only one was clean enough to use.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:06 pm

And western vegetarian food in Japan. Four Cheese toastie with your coffee sir? Certainly. Obviously it's got bloody ham in it, goes without saying.

While we're on the veggie food bit.. English pubs, what's with the idea that courgette is the veggie version of meat?

Dietary concerns aside:

People who smell. NO excuse for that.

People who think something is weird because it hasn't been on the telly/in 'Take a Break'/ sold in Woolworths.

People who have kids and then ignore them.

Those god awful charity hounds in the street. I'll give because I care - that's what charity is. If you deceive or bully people into it then it loses it's meaning. I used to have several direct debits to various charities. Every time a charity hound assails me, I stopped the payment for that charity. Don't want to but how else are they going to get the message?

People who rant in forums.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Whenever I go to the train staion when I have to buy my ticket, why is there always only one "window" open and why does the person in front always want to know the times of every train in the whole f*ckin timetable, and then buys a years worth of tickets, one for each day, and then remembers that they have a railcard so the tickets need to be changed again!!! And then they buy a car park ticket and a ticket for their goldfish's aunt's cat's budgies, nephew... etc, etc, "oh an just one other thing, could you tell me where I change for Mozambique, can you go via Clapham Junction and change at Woking, or do I go via Stockport...?" !!!

THIS HAPPENS EVERY EFFIN TIME!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Now breathe....

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:People who moan about Microsoft, when without them we'd have no compatibility and everyone would be running different software from what you had, just like the C64/Spectrum days and you ended up missing out on loads of really good games (unless you bought more computers)
psj3809 wrote:I agree ! Thanks to Microsoft i've got a decent job, i'm happy with Windows XP, hardly had any problems over the years (compared to 98 etc)
Yeah! I understand that .... I owe a lot of thanks to MS because they are the reason I have a job.

But to be honest, Windows often pisses me off, because it never censored works properly!
My favourite bug is when you go into My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and it sits there with the torch icon "searching for drives" for bl00dy ages ...... something that hasn't changed since the last time you opened Windows Explorer approx. 5 minutes ago ...... censored pointless really :roll:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:29 pm

People who excessively quote in their posts. Especially those who quote posts with images.
ITV sports presenters. Especially on the football.
UB40.
iPhone being exclusively tied to a particular contract.
Pearl Barley.
Fat in the middle of a nice slice of ham.
Jimmy C***.
The ever increasing price of a cup of coffee at work.
Work.
Subscription based MMO's (Stargate Worlds is a game I have wanted since season 1 was on the telly, but I aint paying monthly).
Insects.
Spiders.
Frogs/worms/slugs/slimey little living things.
Dead things.
Windows Vista.
Coronation Street - or more to the point, talentles twats getting paid a fortune to be on dire tv programs while I have to work a proper job for less than half their pay.
Last edited by SirClive on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:30 pm

I hope you are finding this thread very theraputic. :D

More random hatreds:

Idiots who cut you up on the roads

Roadworks

Athlete's foot!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Hard to follow all of that. Hmm, as a teacher:
- Pupils who just lie when it is easier just to say sorry and move on
- 'Every Child Matters' - a school document discussing the importance of inclusion and leaving no-one behind, in practice this means 25 minutes each lesson pleading with some kid to behave while mild-mannered kids are not given the assistance and support they need
- Targets, some kids who are disadvantged will do well, some who are privellidged will fail, and everything in between, accept it!
- Lateness, not talking about 2 minutes, lets say 20 minutes
- People who tell me that as a teacher I should just whack/swear at them without realising I would lose my job, "Mate, what you need to do is..."
- Hardened mothers storming down to school in the slipper, incoherent, sem-drunk with hair severley tied back and tattoos on their neck trying to defend their wayward son who can't even behave at a parental meeting
- 17th chances
- Being told by senior staff that we don't understand how the system works or the demographic we work in...etc...etc

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:58 pm

sscott wrote:Hard to follow all of that. Hmm, as a teacher:
- Pupils who just lie when it is easier just to say sorry and move on
- 'Every Child Matters' - a school document discussing the importance of inclusion and leaving no-one behind, in practice this means 25 minutes each lesson pleading with some kid to behave while mild-mannered kids are not given the assistance and support they need
- Targets, some kids who are disadvantged will do well, some who are privellidged will fail, and everything in between, accept it!
- Lateness, not talking about 2 minutes, lets say 20 minutes
- People who tell me that as a teacher I should just whack/swear at them without realising I would lose my job, "Mate, what you need to do is..."
- Hardened mothers storming down to school in the slipper, incoherent, sem-drunk with hair severley tied back and tattoos on their neck trying to defend their wayward son who can't even behave at a parental meeting
- 17th chances
- Being told by senior staff that we don't understand how the system works or the demographic we work in...etc...etc
Teaching is a thankless job.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm

in no particular order:

Chavs on benefits who sit on their arse all day drinking, smoking and doing drugs or who go into the town to cash their giro so they can buy a game for their console even though they SHOULD BE WORKING!!!. get a job and stop living off money ive paid into the government, you wasters!!!!

Old people in the queue just in front of you who insist on paying for their tenners worth of shopping with the whole amount in coppers

women who dress like the above mentioned chavs, with their joggers hanging halfway down their arse. I dont want to see your arse crack, love. And i dont want to know what underwear you've got on, today.

Ugly birds who wear t-shirts that say 'MAN EATER', 'THIS B!TCH BITES' and clothes that say JUICY, even though they look like they've fallen out the ugly tree and hit their face on every single branch on the way down and they think they look nice. Well, you dont. You look abso-f**king-lutely awful.

Women that smoke. WHY? Its not attractive, it doesn't do you any favours and makes you look even uglier than the chavvettes.

Customers who speak really quietly when they ask you for some ham, turkey, whatever. and when you ask them to repeast what they, said, they talk to you like a piece of sh!t. Well, im sorry if you've only just learned to speak english, but speak up a bit at least so i can hear you!!! And also, customers who stare at you consistantly whilst you're serving another customer and even have the cheek to ask if you, who is already busy serving, are serving on another counter. Im not Superman, love. You're going to have to wait your f**king turn, you impatient arsehole!!

kids who have nothing better to do than hang around the hot sausage van instead of getting a job for the school holidays. lazy layabouts.

chav mothers who visit the town every.....single.....day and also go to the burger vans in their droves and sit there talking like a bloke...but with a womans voice.
urgh. sickening.

ah, i feel ten times better now.

next?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh yeah, forgot, mothers who take their 18 month old/2 year old kids to McDonalds - no! no! no! Fat parents with fat kids, OK you've got yourself in that state but your kids don't have to...show some f**king discipline!

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Don't expect anyone to read this. I just want to let off some steam about some unimportant crap...

One of the supermarkets near me gets very busy, particularly on a weekend, and this means that down the front where the tills are usually gets really crowded as people queue up with their trolleys. Now what really pisses me off is that 90% of the stupid fuckers in the queues line up their trolleys end to end, like they're cars waiting in traffic, instead of simply turning the trolley sideways in order to make more room for the other shoppers trying to squeeze past (and for those queued behind them). I mean, how censored hard is it to turn your trolley sideways? You can turn it about again when you want to bring it into the gap where the register is. But not only will they not turn their trolleys sideways -- half these these fuckers don't even try to squeeze up a bit in the queue at all! They censored stress out, trying to find a queue, trying to navigate their trolley around all the other dickheads, and then when they get into a queue they do exactly what all those dickheads were doing that made it hard for them in the first place.

I know it's a trivial gripe, but it censored pisses me off because it's just such a straightforward example of a situation in which all you need is a tiny bit of common sense and courtesy, but still they censored fail. It's like those stupid inconsiderate motherfuckers who park their trolley in the middle of a censored aisle, sometimes at a censored 45 degree angle, and then wander off to look for stuff, as if it never censored occurred to them that anyone else might conceivably want to get past them. Jesus censored christ people!

Then you have the inconsiderate motherfuckers who stand on the escalator while blocking the way for others, which is so commonly done that it almost isn't worth mentioning, but then on top of that you have the real stupid pricks who get to the top or bottom of the escalator, step off it, and then STOP RIGHT THERE while they figure out where they want to go. Have they forgotten there's a censored escalator right behind them!? The one they just stepped off! Do they not realise that it's going to be feeding people into them like a conveyor belt? And they always look so censored surprised when someone behind them says, "excuse me." Do these people drive? When they take an exit ramp off a freeway, do they immediately slam on the brakes so they can stop in the middle of the exit ramp to check the bloody map?

You know, I do feel better after that rant. Now I can look for more important things to drive up my blood pressure until veins throb in my temples.