Retrofusion

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:37 am

I haven't seen it in Gamestation yet. If they don't have it in by the weekend I will probably order it online.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:56 am

Was very impressed with it, glad there isnt a Retro Gamer vs Retro Fusion war or anything. Like others have said its great as it helps fill the gap !

A lot of the articles surprised me, didnt think i would be keen on the A team feature (no offence Koops) but it was very good, the Star Wars one really brought a tear to my eye seeing that old stuff again in print.

I think the two mags can live alongside each other well. I love Retro Gamer as its more game based rather than hardware like the original one was i thought but RF can also bridge a gap of other articles which probably arent 'game' enough to get into RG.

Congrats to all

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:12 am

Yo' Foo'

I didn't write the A-Team article :wink: it was the man Turrican :D i thought it was really good

boyo

Post by boyo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:41 am

Thanks for the feedback chaps, and thanks Darran for not deleting this thread.

Be cool to hear from those of you who have not bought the magazine yet and if you do intend to get it, or if not why you won't be buying it.

Cheers.

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 pm

koopa42 wrote:Yo' Foo'

I didn't write the A-Team article :wink: it was the man Turrican :D i thought it was really good
Sorry fella, i assumed it was you !! My fault for not checking.

So good at the moment all these retro mags (okay two but you know what i mean !)

rtrgrl78

Re: Retrofusion Magazine

Post by rtrgrl78 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can order the 1st issue of Retrofusion Magazine, as the Gamestation in Manchester is only small and they said when I rang them, they don't really stock magazines. I usually go to Smiths, but can't see it being in there. So any websites would be good :lol: Am off to play my new Sims 2 game on the PS2, my Dad has brought home, let's hope it lasts longer than the first version.........

koopa42

Re: Retrofusion Magazine

Post by koopa42 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:38 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can order the 1st issue of Retrofusion Magazine, as the Gamestation in Manchester is only small and they said when I rang them, they don't really stock magazines. I usually go to Smiths, but can't see it being in there. So any websites would be good :lol: Am off to play my new Sims 2 game on the PS2, my Dad has brought home, let's hope it lasts longer than the first version.........
Yo' rtrgrl

http://www.retrofusion.co.uk/

and why not join the forum here:

http://www.retrofusion.co.uk/forum/inde ... 04e7436681

hope this helps

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:07 am

I'm thinking of making a special journey today to get it (assuming I can get back home early enough).

Will there be any subscription offers?

Don't worry Darran, I've subscribed to Retro Gamer (got my confirmation letter through yesterday). The only way I'd stop reading Retro Gamer is if it either stopped being sold again (which I hope it won't!) or if EA bought it up and started featuring nothing but Fifa games in it.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

filecore

Post by filecore » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:34 am

Picked up a copy this morning in Gamestation Crewe - they had about 10 copies in.
Till wouldn't scan it though - the manager had to fiddle about codes.
Looks good. Will be reading later!

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:14 pm

filecore wrote: Till wouldn't scan it though - the manager had to fiddle about codes.
Same here, Enjoying it so far and it has huge potential but did feel a few pangs of jealousy towards the guy who picked up the Speccy 128k. Sod off with your good luck..!! I been after one of those for ages :(

koopa42

Re:

Post by koopa42 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:16 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:
filecore wrote: Till wouldn't scan it though - the manager had to fiddle about codes.
Same here, Enjoying it so far and it has huge potential but did feel a few pangs of jealousy towards the guy who picked up the Speccy 128k. Sod off with your good luck..!! I been after one of those for ages :(
Ha ha, was that the one with the ultimate games? thats was mr boyo - the editor himself LMAO

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah thats him, the b*st*rd..!!!
I dont care about the ultimate games, or indeed any of the games just the boxed 128k I want.. I remember buying one from currys for £50.00 when they were outing them all and it went "missing" when I split from the ex "thing" Grrrrrrr.
There are somethings you just don't do to a man, touch his car or his games collection are top of the list :evil:

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:45 pm

filecore wrote:Picked up a copy this morning in Gamestation Crewe - they had about 10 copies in.
Till wouldn't scan it though - the manager had to fiddle about codes.
Exactly the same happened to me in The Halifax shop. Had a fiddle with Guitar Hero will I waited tho :D

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:46 pm

I had the same problem in the halifax store too.

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Frigging bar Code.... :cry:

Selling the 128k Speccy here.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :LCA:UK:31