Total votes: 25

forestville

If you found some money

Post by forestville » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:26 pm

what if you found some money, lets say £50 (about €75) what would you do
Press play on tape

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 am

Not post on forums looking for someone to tell me t go spend it.

Just go spend it, mate!

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thoughts and prayers.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:22 am

Anybody who votes for "hand it in somewhere" is a big liar.

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 am

Depends where it was found. In the middle of nowhere or, say, on a busy London street I'd keep it.
In a school or hospital, I'd hand it in.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 am

Straight in my pocket, without a doubt.

I picked up a tenner coming out of JJB Sports a few weeks ago. First time I've found cash for years.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 am

Depends on if I know who has dropped it. I wouldn't deliberately do someone else out of it, but if I didn't know whose it was I would keep it.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:33 am

I'd jump up and punch the air whilst shouting yahoo, then go on a very short spending spree.
Splink!

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:57 am

I'd hand it in somewhere. I found £120 on the floor in a petrol station last year and handed it in. Perhaps if it was a small amount of cash just lying in the street I would do different but if its money someone will definitely miss and its somewhere that there's a good chance they might come back and find it then I'd hand it in....especially if it was in a wallet. Way I see it if I lost a wallet with cash in I'd like someone honest to find it and hand it in to the old bill...so I wouldn't do any different.

I hate the fact that so many people are so nihilistic nowadays and try to make an active effort not to add to the problem.

When I was a lad my dad taught me that a man should never lie, never steal, and never walk away from someone in trouble.....lived my life by that mantra and its served me well enough up to now.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:45 pm

FatTrucker wrote:When I was a lad my dad taught me that a man should never lie, never steal, and never walk away from someone in trouble.....lived my life by that mantra and its served me well enough up to now.
Here here. I've done the first loads, the second once and the third once. Felt like censored every time, especially the latter.

As for the question: hand it in, you thievin' scumbag! :lol:
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:18 pm

When i was really young i found 10 pounds (which was a lot back then !) and innocently went up to this bloke and said 'is this yours' he of course said yes, my parents then found out what i had done and were laughing as it seemed obvious to them it wasnt the owners.

Even a few years back i was very naive, had RG issue 1 (In the days it sold for a lot) and someone who was currently in hospital badly wanted it but didnt have much money, i sold it to him for practically the base value. Afterwards i think i realised i had been stupid, believing the whole hospital thing as i never heard from him afterwards, not even a thanks once he received it !

Yearssss ago at Paddington station a french bloke did the whole 'i've lost my ticket and cant get home' (When this scam was new) so i gave him the 3 quid he needed to get another ticket (He said he had some money but needed a bit more), 5 minutes later i heard him do the same trick/scam to someone else, felt really angry about that yet on the other hand stupid for falling for it.

Anyway the whole point of this longwinded reply is that i 'might' hand it in if its a bit of a large wedge as its the decent thing to do but a tenner or something i probably wouldnt

stvd

Post by stvd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:35 pm

FatTrucker wrote:I'd hand it in somewhere. I found £120 on the floor in a petrol station last year and handed it in. Perhaps if it was a small amount of cash just lying in the street I would do different but if its money someone will definitely miss and its somewhere that there's a good chance they might come back and find it then I'd hand it in....especially if it was in a wallet. Way I see it if I lost a wallet with cash in I'd like someone honest to find it and hand it in to the old bill...so I wouldn't do any different.
I lost £80 in my wallet (address, everything in it) nobody handed that in :(

FatTrucker wrote:a man should never lie, never steal, and never walk away from someone in trouble
Well seeing as keeping the money doesn't break any of those, I'd keep it :twisted:

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:14 pm

I'd keep it! No doubt about it.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:58 pm

i'd keep it, no questions asked and i'd sleep well too

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Quite honestly, I'd keep it too, because I wouldn't trust whoever I handed it in to not to keep it for themselves in any case...
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:21 pm

loose cash i'd keep as there is no way of finding out who it belongs to but if it was in an identifiable purse or wallet i would hand it to either the police or a bank if it had a card in!

christmass eve 2002 i found a wallet in the middle of the road on my way home from work it had £260 in it some photo's a capital one card and an abby national card.....i rode my bike to the abby and posted the wallet through the door along with a short letter explaining where i found it and my name and address and went home, happy that i had done a good thing

about two weeks later i went to draw my wages from the abby to find that i had £500 more than i was expecting i went to the counter to inform them of their misstake and was told that it had been creddited by the owner of the wallet as a way of thanking me for my honesty!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...