Does anyone watch or play darts?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nesmaster

Does anyone watch or play darts?

Post by nesmaster » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:11 am

I love watching darts, i've been watching it properly since 2005. It even made buy a dart board and darts!
I reckon i'm half decent, i can hit doubles, take out little finishes and genrally don't miss big numbers :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 am

Dont mind the game not that i'm any good, when i was younger i just used to drink and not really play darts in the pub.

Not a fan of watching it but glad its got bigger and bigger though.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 am

I run a club - and am involved in darts!

Actually, I captain 2 teams - one on a Monday night the other on a Thursday night. The bonus being, I get paid to play :D

We won the Monday league last season!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:51 am

good darts!
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 am

I used to be good at darts, i was playing for a number of pub teams when i was 13, won quite a lot of trophies.
I had a board in my room as used to practice when my c64 or speccy games were loading :D

Lost interest in my late teens though, i havent thrown a dart in over ten years, never have enjoyed watching it though, i find it quite boring as a spectator.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 am

Play whenever we end up in a quiet pub but am crap. Can hit doubles quite well but can't score big enough to threaten.

Love watching it tho...we have been to watch the Premier League and Both flavours of World Championship. Sat with some Dutch fans when Jelle Klaasen won the BDO and ive never been so drunk :D

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:41 am

I used to play a fair bit but haven't really played seriously for about twelve years. When we moved house there was nowhere to hang my dartboard so I sort of drifted away from playing although I still have my darts.

Was once challenged to a game by a couple of my colleagues who did not have a clue how good I was, several hours later and numerous free drinks (loser bought) and one of them suddenly said "I reckon you're a ringer!" and they refused to play me any more :)
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

Alex Ferguson

Post by Alex Ferguson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 am

I quite like darts, the amateurs, mind, as I can't watch the professional darts due to a lack of Sky.

bolda

Post by bolda » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Good thread!

I bloomin' love darts! Got a board up in the spare room and whenever I'm not playing video games, I'm chucking tunsten! :D

Always had dart boards since I was a kid but haven't been able to play for a few years due to having nowhere to put the board up. Getting back into the swing of it now though (even managed to throw 2 180's in a row last week!) Trouble is, I'm great when I'm playing on my own but fall to pieces whenever someone else is there, even if they are just watching! :(

Love watching it on telly too... only got freeview but NutsTV show "Super Darts" every week night, highlights from classic (and some not-so-classic) PDC matches over the years.

One question though... my missus is intriuged to know why Roland Scholten is known as "The Tripod"!? :?
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:28 pm

we paly on a Manchester board , twice round & 2 tops
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:46 pm

bolda wrote:Good thread!

I bloomin' love darts! Got a board up in the spare room and whenever I'm not playing video games, I'm chucking tunsten! :D

Always had dart boards since I was a kid but haven't been able to play for a few years due to having nowhere to put the board up. Getting back into the swing of it now though (even managed to throw 2 180's in a row last week!) Trouble is, I'm great when I'm playing on my own but fall to pieces whenever someone else is there, even if they are just watching! :(

Love watching it on telly too... only got freeview but NutsTV show "Super Darts" every week night, highlights from classic (and some not-so-classic) PDC matches over the years.

One question though... my missus is intriuged to know why Roland Scholten is known as "The Tripod"!? :?
I'm not sure but isn't he called "the flying dutchman" now?

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 am

darts is awesome. i cant have my board up in the new house because the mrs moans. shame cos it cost me £40. ive got some nice darts as well, but when my board finally goes up im going to get some of those Andy Fordham ones, nice and chunky.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 am

180 on the speccy is great. Love the "digitised" voiceover when you get a 180 and the dog that pees up a bloke at the bars leg.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Anyone been watching the darts today on ITV4? I reckon this is the best quality of darts I've seen on TV - but then again, up until recently I'd only really seen the BDO players, as I don't have Sky.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Never really played, Granda and Uncle had houses full of trophy's though, used to be constantly playing.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.