What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:40 am

sscott wrote:
The Master wrote:Once in 1998 I was walking down a street close to my home and discovered a perfect condition Atari 520STFM propped up against a wall with the rubbish for taking away.

I assisted them with the volume of their waste and used it as an ornament for almost six years in my next apartment.

I'm afraid to say I never switched it on, though. I left it there when we moved out.
Before I was 'in' to Retro gaming the school where I work put 30 Atari STs (with monitors etc...) in a skip and I didn't even bother to take one! :(
That's criminal!

At the school I used to work at, they were chucking out a load of BBC Micros and Acorn Archimides, I nabbed one of each.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Went down the carboot early this morning before work,picked up 2x Atari Jaguar controllers of all things for £3.00quid and an incomplete final fantasy7 for a quid (one disc missing)
Anyone else get stuff today?

321CannonFodder

Post by 321CannonFodder » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Was going to buy a boxed Megadrive arcade stick in mint condition for a £5 but was heading to work and couldn’t be bothered to carry it. Should have got it looking back now. Also had a few Jap Megadrive games: Sonic, Some shooter, Tetris and street fighter nothing special.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Youve got to laugh i Picked up a guitar hero 3 with guitar today for £20, never played one of these games before, tried it twice before i offered the wife a turn that was half a hour ago, havent had a look in since :lol: , this is a woman thats never been anywhere near one of my consoles before, wonder how long before she gets bored :roll:

Mr L

Post by Mr L » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 pm

I managed 9 games for £9 yesterday.

WWF No mercy and 1080 on the N64
Demolition Derby 1 and 2, Demolition Racer, Resident Evil 2, True Pinball, Worms and Driver 2 on the Playstation.

All boxed, all with instructions and all in really nice condition.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm

321CannonFodder wrote:Was going to buy a boxed Megadrive arcade stick in mint condition for a £5 but was heading to work and couldn’t be bothered to carry it. Should have got it looking back now. Also had a few Jap Megadrive games: Sonic, Some shooter, Tetris and street fighter nothing special.
I thought MegaDrive Tetris was the Holy Grail. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Thoughts and prayers.

emalder

Post by emalder » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Went to our local bootie yesterday in Warrington picked up a large box of C64 games for £3, the usual rubbish but a few gems including Great Giana Sisters and Mire Mare !!

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm

emalder wrote:Mire Mare !!
it wasn't even planned for a c64 release, you big fat fibber :P :lol: , now if you'd have said daffy duck, i'm sure a few eye brows would have risen :wink:

emalder

Post by emalder » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:28 pm

SexyWayne wrote:
emalder wrote:Mire Mare !!
it wasn't even planned for a c64 release, you big fat fibber :P :lol: , now if you'd have said daffy duck, i'm sure a few eye brows would have risen :wink:
Daffy Duck you say, sure that was in there too along with a loose GX4000 cartridge of SCI.

Do you reckon there worth anything ?

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 pm

rossi46 wrote:
321CannonFodder wrote:Was going to buy a boxed Megadrive arcade stick in mint condition for a £5 but was heading to work and couldn’t be bothered to carry it. Should have got it looking back now. Also had a few Jap Megadrive games: Sonic, Some shooter, Tetris and street fighter nothing special.
I believe the jap version is worth hundreds if not thousands but I assume this was a chinese pirate.

321CannonFodder

Post by 321CannonFodder » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:15 pm

rossi46 wrote:
321CannonFodder wrote:
Was going to buy a boxed Megadrive arcade stick in mint condition for a £5 but was heading to work and couldn’t be bothered to carry it. Should have got it looking back now. Also had a few Jap Megadrive games: Sonic, Some shooter, Tetris and street fighter nothing special.

I believe the jap version is worth hundreds if not thousands but I assume this was a chinese pirate.
Sorry guys didnt really see it just wonted to see how maney ppl would take the bate :twisted:
But i did find Kula World in a charity shop today for £1.50! The woman behind the counter said there was about 40 PS1 games given in. Kula world and Worms where the only two games left. :lol:

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 am

Just back from the carboot this morning before i go to work.
Light pickings today,only got a Nintendo 64 Pokemon with a couple of games for £5.00.
I did see a Dreamcast but ive got a few so no point.
Anyone else been down today ??????

rupert

Post by rupert » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:27 pm

I got an N64 today aswell, boxed like new with all the bits - it has a Golden Eye slip cover over the box and includes the cartridge inside. I just wanted to play that game really as ive heard so much about it. It also came with a boxed F1 game.

It was £15 which I didnt haggle with.. considering its all in excellent condition i'm quite happy with that. never had or even used an N64, it's abit like christmas :)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

I also picked up an N64 with 5 games, including Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, F1, Konami Winter Olympics 98 and Vigilante 8, came with 2 official joypads, 2 memory paks and also had the expansion cartridge inside too which was a bonus, no boxes though, but all for £15 not too bad.

Also picked up a boxed Snes along with the 5in1 Mario cartridge and boxed Tiny toons for a mere £15. A Nintendo week for sure :D
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 pm

Pick-up a boxfull of commodore 64 goodies:

Boxed C2 unit
A C64 PSU
C64 User Manual
Defender 64 light gun
RF lead
Cheetah 125 Joystick
Domark's Toolbox tapes:Audio tape,Typing tutor,The image system,the music system & Shoot'em-up construction kit.
Lightgun games Gangster & Time Traveller

Budget Games:

Quattro Coin-ups
Quattro Sports
4 Soccer Simulator
Bmx freestyle
Buggy boy
Batman 'The Caped Crusader'
Championship Basketball
Combat School
Hypersports
Last Ninja 2
Mike Read's Computer Pop Quiz
Multimixx 1(Leaderboard compilation)
Paperboy
Platoon
Powerama
Pro Tennis Tour
Renegade
World Class Leaderboard

No Computer but I got a couple of these.
All for £4