What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

commanderkaiser

Re: What did you buy at the carboot today ??

Post by commanderkaiser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Picked up a few things today.

Kirby Mass Attack on DS £2, was cart and manual only but still a fantastic price plus comes with the Club Nintendo Code unused and in date
The Sims Medieval PC 50p
Bomberman DS complete, £3 is the USA version and liked the look of it, I paid a little more than I would have liked tbh.
Not sure if this was a good deal but I fancied it anyway, Streets of Rage on the Gamer Gear £3, is cart only not sure if it's a good version or a good price for it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Copy pasting

Good day at the carboot
Todays buys,
TV (dont know if works, but has the Composite connections round the back), Dreamcast scart £1 (each)
Wheel thing 10p (PC, will stick it in a free guff box)
DOOM 32x, he had a box two a MD2, MD (no cables for either)load of crappy games most of the boxes where empty a Fifa one had DOOM in (the only good one was Zero wing, bloody box was empty) and said "Offers" just gave him £2 that I pulled outa my pocket for DOOM, apparently someone was rummaging through the box earlier, must of missed DOOM

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:30 pm

My be the last one here for the season that I can get to, went along mid morning for a mooch about, nothing much there, but did pick up a nice minty big box PC CD game: Bitmap Brothers Compliation (which as Gods, Magic Pockets, Xenon II, Speedball 2 and Cadaver) for £1
Also bought a Public Enemy album (Def Jam remastered version) think it was their first album for £1

A guy had a manky looking PS1 original he said it was chipped and worked it had a pile of cover discs, fifa 99 and 2 other sports games, he wanted a fiver, I left it, as have no real need for another one, and it had been sitting their all season (and all weathers!).
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

James A

Post by James A » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:39 pm

bensonrad wrote:My be the last one here for the season that I can get to, went along mid morning for a mooch about, nothing much there, but did pick up a nice minty big box PC CD game: Bitmap Brothers Compliation (which as Gods, Magic Pockets, Xenon II, Speedball 2 and Cadaver) for £1
Also bought a Public Enemy album (Def Jam remastered version) think it was their first album for £1

A guy had a manky looking PS1 original he said it was chipped and worked it had a pile of cover discs, fifa 99 and 2 other sports games, he wanted a fiver, I left it, as have no real need for another one, and it had been sitting their all season (and all weathers!).
I said my last one was the middle of September :D

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Hehe, sadly for me we sold our car in May, so I am very limited now in what I can get to, Seaford have 2 very low key ones, over the 4 years I've lived here, there seems to be scarcely any games. Mind you, the leisure centre has an indoor carboot style market around my birthday in November and that seems to be packed to the gills with bargains, I bought my Wii and 8 games for £25 there a couple of years back, the console looked like it had never been taken out of the box! So there is hope yet in 2013 for me. :lol:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 am

First car boot of the year for me,
Picked up a boxed original gameboy with power adaptor and 3 games for a fiver...... works fine :D
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

James A

Post by James A » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm

So good bit of weather yesterday so i though id see what was about

Wii Sports - 20p

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360) - £3

Lego POTC, Lego Harry Potter, Animal Crossing, Pipe Mania (NDS) - £6 the lot

Metroid 3, Sonic Dark Knight (Wii) - £3

Eternal Sonata, Neir, Mirrors Edge (Xbox 360) - £5

California Games, Mega Games 2 (MD) - £5

IP Man DVD - £1

Missed out on a boxed MD2 with a pile of games including Truxton and Phantasy Star 2. The guy who bought it was ooohing and arring over it for ages. Really was tempted just to say ll have it.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:25 am

Managed to pick up a DSI (boxed) for a fiver today , yukky colour duck egg bluish ,
Also got 4 gamecube games today for £2 ,so not a bad haul.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:09 pm

oldtimer wrote:Managed to pick up a DSI (boxed) for a fiver today , yukky colour duck egg bluish ,
I won't mention mine is that colour lol

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:31 pm

flatapex wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Managed to pick up a DSI (boxed) for a fiver today , yukky colour duck egg bluish ,
Actually its grown on me :D At least its not pink lol

James A

Post by James A » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 pm

flatapex wrote:
can't be worse than the disgusting snot green one I picked up a few years back.

Got on Sunday

PS2 Fat plus a pile of games - £3 no idea if this works yet but he game discs are scratched to hell

Boxed SNES Score master stick - £5

Mass Effect 2 PS3 - £2

Heavy Rain PS3 - £2.50

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun May 11, 2014 9:01 am

Picked up a SNES today... no cables just the bare bones box,£5 but its in working order so cant complain,ive got spare cables etc so will make up a set .
Also bought a lawn mower for £10 :D :D

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:42 am

I forgot to post about my little find on Sunday! Really good condition Shadow of The Colossus, CIB with instructions and art postcards for the princely sum of 50p.

I couldn't hand over my money fast enough! :D
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:47 am

Picked up another cb radio for £3 today ,works fine now no 35 i think lol,god knows why i keep buying them, and also picked up another nintendo64 for a tenner,really only wanted the controller but it seems to all work ok,so ill prob trade the box on.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:14 am

I've barely been to any this year and when i have i've been after other things, rather than games. Doesn't stop me looking, of course, but i've already decided i'm not buying unless i see something specifically for my collection. This is getting increasingly unlikely as most of the stuff i'm looking for is imported. Obviously, if i see something valuable i'll pick it up so i can use it as trade material, but again, this is getting less likely with the sheer number of people i see hoovering up anything remotely retro....

I always live in hope, though! :D
Last edited by nokgod on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)