What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What did you buy at the carboot today ??

Post by nokgod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:08 am

JetSetWilly wrote:That's a pretty good haul, especially the SNES. How much was it?
The snes, official psu, spare 3rd party psu, 2 controllers (no av lead, but not needed anyway), the 3 carts, the 6 gameboy games (pacman is a bootleg) and the PS1 games all came from the same seller. £20 all in. Shadow of Memories was £1 and Wrestlemania was 50p.

I also bought a brand new set of Wera Hex keys for a fiver, which i was well chuffed with (check the price of those puppies on ebay!)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:42 am

The whole lot for £20 :shock: that's a bloody steal! Ive got to get me to a boot sale again at some point. I feel im missing out on some right bargains!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:21 am

Selling today with a pile of stuff I didn't think would go for much and have come back with £260 which im now off into town to spend a bit of. Was incredibly busy for the time of year. Best bit the weathers good for next weekend and a guy I got talking too is selling his entire comic collection there next week..

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 am

JetSetWilly wrote:The whole lot for £20 :shock: that's a bloody steal! Ive got to get me to a boot sale again at some point. I feel im missing out on some right bargains!
luck of the draw mate. I've not seen any SNES stuff at all this year until today. There was a lot of retro about today, but most of it was quite expensive. £15 for a GBA, £10 for an SP, £15 for a 'cube, £45 for a psone with official screen. £25 for an Atari 2600, £35 for a PSP. None of it was boxed. It seems most sellers are using ebay as a price guide. Pity it doesn't work quite like that :|
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 am

It gets my back up when you get told "i can get that for it on ebay". Well, why don't you sell it on ebay then, you pillock?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 am

nokgod wrote:Was thinking the carboot this morning would probably be the last one of the season....so i ended with a bang! :D

I am after a snes, after a snes! ;)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:39 am

JetSetWilly wrote:It gets my back up when you get told "i can get that for it on ebay". Well, why don't you sell it on ebay then, you pillock?
I don't bother with the arguments. I just chuckle at outrageous prices and walk away. They might get the message when they have to pack everything back up and take it home with them. Who knows? I saw one guy with an N64 up for £70 (to be fair there was some reasonable boxed stuff in his lot) for 3 weeks straight. He wasn't there on the fourth. Mebbe he finally put it on ebay.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 am

retrojc wrote:
I am after a snes, after a snes! ;)
That one is mint, its going under my tv :) I have another one somewhere in the garage that's yellowed i don't mind parting with. Drop me a pm and i'll do some pics for you, if its of any interest.

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:04 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:It gets my back up when you get told "i can get that for it on ebay". Well, why don't you sell it on ebay then, you pillock?
There was a guy today who bought some stuff off of me. I asked him he had picked any other stuff up and he showed me he'd got a copy of Skies Of Arcadia on the Gamecube. He paid £45 for it. Turns out there was a dealer selling retro stuff for max ebay prices. Spoke to a couple of other people who said his prices were beyond a joke. Res Evil on the GC - £25, Silent Hill 2 PS2 - £15. Funny thing was I got told he was shifting a lot of stuff so makes you think people will pay those prices.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:33 am

Found myself one of these, boxed and even with the original rental agreement

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Found myself one of these, boxed and even with the original rental agreement

nice, how much were they back in the day?

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Again good weather and a good turn out...

Boxed ZX Spectrum +- £10 need to get a plug on it to test it but its in real nice condition

Forza 4, Lego Batman, Tropico 4, Mario Strikers, Res Evil 5, Sega Mega drive Collection, Naughty Bear - £20

Spider Man, Hogs Of War, CTR Racing PS1 - £1.50 the lot.

Couple of G1 Transformers and the Robotech Valkyrie toy - £2

Indiana Jones box set, Slipknot DVD + Star Wars episodes 1 - 3 - £8

Orange Box game guide - £1

4 pieces of Black Sabbath Vinyl - £10

I'm hoping this nice weather will keep up for next weekend

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:49 pm

James A wrote:Again good weather and a good turn out...

Boxed ZX Spectrum +- £10 need to get a plug on it to test it but its in real nice condition

Forza 4, Lego Batman, Tropico 4, Mario Strikers, Res Evil 5, Sega Mega drive Collection, Naughty Bear - £20

Spider Man, Hogs Of War, CTR Racing PS1 - £1.50 the lot.

Couple of G1 Transformers and the Robotech Valkyrie toy - £2

Indiana Jones box set, Slipknot DVD + Star Wars episodes 1 - 3 - £8

Orange Box game guide - £1

4 pieces of Black Sabbath Vinyl - £10

I'm hoping this nice weather will keep up for next weekend
got some brilliant games there, lego batman is fantastic,mega drive collection is really good and naughty bear is probably the most bizarre game ever.

spider man and hogs of war are probably 2 of the best games on the ps1 (got both)

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

flatapex wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Found myself one of these, boxed and even with the original rental agreement

nice, how much were they back in the day?

Doesn't say. Can't figure out how to change my tv to the analogue channels so no idea if it works or no

James A

Post by James A » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:39 am

Good haul today with the bonus of the good weather. So got....

Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare (PS1) - £1

Star Fox Adventures (GC) - £1.50

Wii Music, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Wii Resort - £5

The Orange Box, Portal 2 (PS3) + 5 Metal CDs - £10

Halo Wars, Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition, Call Of Duty BOPS, Fall Out New Vegas, Borderlands - £6

The Last Stand DVD - £2

Transformers Annual - 50p

Weathers looking good for next weekend so touch wood another good haul could be on the way