What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mainvein

Re: What did you buy at the carboot today ??

Post by mainvein » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 pm

got this from the bootsale today for a quid which i thought was a decent find, only other gaming related thing i got was a call of duty world at war hipflask

Ads3

Post by Ads3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Loads of buyers not a lot of sellers, still managed to pick up a few games though :)

Got the Xbox and PS1 games for a £1 each, PS2 games were 50p each!

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 am

I got these on Saturday

Picked up Baldurs gate 2 collectors edition 50p just missing the t-shirt, the lynx was £3.50, beaten up but working and also picked up g1 jockey and hamster ball for the ps2 50p each.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 am

Like the look of that Baldurs Gate 2 Collectors Edition.....great find!!

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Ads3 wrote:Loads of buyers not a lot of sellers, still managed to pick up a few games though :)

Good find there, have been after House of The Dead for the XBox, you'll have to let me know if it's any good.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:57 am

Neilos626 wrote:I got these on Saturday

*snip*

Picked up Baldurs gate 2 collectors edition 50p just missing the t-shirt, the lynx was £3.50, beaten up but working and also picked up g1 jockey and hamster ball for the ps2 50p each.
Which booty mate?

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 am

rtrgrl78 wrote:
Ads3 wrote:Loads of buyers not a lot of sellers, still managed to pick up a few games though :)

Good find there, have been after House of The Dead for the XBox, you'll have to let me know if it's any good.
I'm sure that I have a spare copy sitting around the place if you want it. It doesn't have the instructions though, hence why I bought another copy (that had instructions with it).
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:

Gamestation has loads of House of the Dead 3 for 49p, I picked one up but it doesn't work well on a pad... You can have mine for 49p if you want it :D
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm

astaroth wrote:
Neilos626 wrote:I got these on Saturday

*snip*

Which booty mate?

Weeley, its in Essex, large booty every sat.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

Babbage

Post by Babbage » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 pm

are there any good websites that list where carboots are in various areas? I've never been to one, but would give one a try one sunday (as longs as it's not raining!). I have googled this, but the information seems very random and outdated, so was wondering is there was a good site people use? thanks, B

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Today I mostly bought......
2x Gamecubes. One in purple and one black, official purple pad and third party black pad, leads, Rebel Strike, Virtua Soccer, A bmx game and The SIms for 7 quid. The purple one boots but doesnt seem to read discs.
Silver PS2 slim with Madden 08, Rugby 08, McRae Rally 3, 2 official Dual Shock 2 in black, 2 official mem cards and leads etc £5
PGR4 for 360 £2
mini electric guitar £5
Not too bad for my first booty in a year or so.
Going Solo...................

tachi

Post by tachi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Babbage wrote:are there any good websites that list where carboots are in various areas? I've never been to one, but would give one a try one sunday (as longs as it's not raining!). I have googled this, but the information seems very random and outdated, so was wondering is there was a good site people use? thanks, B
Usually pretty reliable for us:
http://www.carbootjunction.com/
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Yesterday I got a component video/composite video cable. It's one of those cables that does the XBOX360, Wii and PS3/PS2. I'm probably going to use it on my PS2. Just wish the console end of the cable had longer cables going to each connector as it's a real stretch to fit them to two let alone 3 consoles at once! :-s

Other than that it was pretty slim pickings on the retro front (although the kids did get some Littlest Pet Shop stuff).

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

Babbage

Post by Babbage » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:16 am

tachi wrote:
Babbage wrote:are there any good websites that list where carboots are in various areas? I've never been to one, but would give one a try one sunday (as longs as it's not raining!). I have googled this, but the information seems very random and outdated, so was wondering is there was a good site people use? thanks, B
Usually pretty reliable for us:
http://www.carbootjunction.com/
i'll give that site a go

thanks
B

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 am

went to my 1st proper car boot of the year, got a Pokemon N64 console (havent tested it yet) a couple of PS3 games to trade in Lego Batman & Little big planet. Also got F1 2011 360 for £5, plus a few DVD'S Avatar, no country for old men & arthur and the invisibles for 50p each. And finally got the buffy complete DVD set for £20 no sure why, seen them all 3 times maybe save it for the kids in a couple of years