What did you buy at the carboot today ??

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What did you buy at the carboot today ??

Post by nokgod » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am

A lovely morning to be out and about...the sun was burning my back at 7 o'clock this morning :)

anyway this is what i found:

Pleased to find a 505 game. I never seem to come across them for some reason. The Akira Psycho Ball is a nice acquisition for my fledgling Pinball collection too!

The Gameboy is mint, no dead pixels or even a scratch....but the jewel in the crown has to be Grandstand Scramble :D It works beautifully and the sound is loud and crisp.
Well chuffed with it. 8)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 am

A few interesting bits today.

Jade Coccoon PS1
Ridge Racer Revolution PS1
Otogi 2 Xbox
£3 for those

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow DS
Jump All Stars DS (pretty strange seeing an obscure import DS game at the booty)
£10 for those but theyre both for my older brother

And finally my first pirate GBA cart!

Picture isnt clear but it has some metal blob wearing a hat and some megaman-ish character with a cap on the front. As you can expect, there arent 128 games on here, just about 30 or so repeated. Some decent stuff though. Mario 2, Dr Mario, Battletoads, Alleyway, Tennis, Spiderman 3, T2, Tetris and a bunch of other stuff. Most of its censored but oh well :D
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

ruffian

Post by ruffian » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

A guy yesterday had a bowl full of snes carts at £2 a pop - i picked up Super Swiv, Frantic Flea, Spectre and Ultraman. It was the second Frantic Flea i've picked up in the space of a few weeks. Also picked up Ps2 Lego Batman, ps1 Aladdin Nasira's Revenge and Time Crisis all in very high condition a quid each, one DS game, Sonic Chronicles for 4 quid and various DVDs. Oh, and one of the Bourne movies on HD DVD for a quid.
My trusted trade partners - Rossi46, Shinobi, stvd, witchfinder, filecore, pantal00ns, SirClive, Mainvein, SpiffierRabbit, eeztheman, c0nfu53d

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Wimbledon cart on the Master System (50p) and couple PS1 titles (again 50p each). I thought I was getting Spiderman 2 and Circuit Breakers but inside (I didn't check before I bought today) were 2 discs in each case: Croc Legend of the Gobbos, Aladdin, TOCA and a PS2 Knight Rider.

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Well not to bad a weekend at all both from my parents home and from the Car Boots.

It all started on Saturday morning at the RSPCA Car Boot with the following:

Super Space Invaders, Cannon Fodder 2 and Micro Machines for the Amiga for 50p each
Kingdom Hearts 2 and Crash Nitro Racing for the PS2 for £1 each
Doom for the GBA for £1.50 and Simpsons: Road Rage for £1

I then went down to my parents home in search for my spare Atari 800 after my main one was knackered. Unfortunaly it was in a small cupboard, buried under loads of crap and my old toys and figures. In the end I ended up taking home my old Thundercats figures, my Tomb Raider Statues (3 off them, all boxed and complete) and my Turok 2 figures (all boxed and complete). My partner couldn't resist taking home my old school books and reports and having a good laugh at them at my expense with the word 'Geek' coming out of her mouth several times. I also found a few Amiga Action and The One (Atari ST, Amiga, PC) magazines as well.

I also managed to get my spare Atari 800 but it's Aeril lead was cut off, but an aeril lead put on it later and it now works like a dream, along with the Disk Drive and Tape Deck that I picked up the week before. Well chuffed.

I then found the following which I was well chuffed about, and completly forgot that my Dad put it to one side when he sold my Sega Saturn a long time ago:

All mint and complete apart from a very small tear on the top right of the cardboard box that holds the 2 Saturn cases. It even had an old piece of paper with a hand drawn map from myself all those years ago! :lol:

I'm going back down next weekend to go through the other cupboard and also sort out my draw beds as I have a lot of Nintendo Magazines and PS2 Magazines under there.

I then went to the normal Croft and A47 car boots today. Both were absolutly packed, and Croft turned out to be a great week, with the A47 being the weaker one. Anyway, here is what I picked up:

Mickey's Wild Adventure, One, Bubsy 3D, Monopoly, Overboard and Apocalypse (PS1) for 50p each.
OutRun Europa (SMS) for £1
NBA Jam T.E, The Simpsons: Bart vs The Space Mutants and the 5 empty GB cases for £2.50. I opened the NBA Jam box when I got home I it also had Sonic 2 and Columns inside as well. Bonus!!

Red Ninja (Xbox), Run Like Hell (PS2), Judge Dredd (PS2), Everybody's Golf (PS2), Bully (PS2) all for 50p each.
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2 and Activision Anthology (PS2) all 3 for £5
Commando 2 (PS2) for 75p
Ratchet and Clank, The Sims and Crash: Wrath of Cortex (PS2) for £1 each

Call of Duty: World at War (X360) for £2
Wipeout (Saturn) for £1
Final Fantasy X and X-2 Guides for £1 each
Grand Theft Auto 4 guide for £2
Transformers Annual for 50p and Transformers: Warrior Robot Game (love that name) for £1

And lastly, I got the following:

A Sega Menacer with Menacer game. Tomcat Alley, Road Avenger, Sol Fearce and Cobra Command (Mega CD). A Defender Spectrum 128k Light Gun. Arch Rivals, Sonic 1, Donald Duck and Ecco The Dolphin (Game Gear). All of that stuff for £10.

So a great weekend and to top it off, an indian lad who was a trader was trying to buy a really nice PS2 steering wheel. The seller was asking only £1.50 for it, and the trader was trying to get it for £1. He was being really pushy, so I piped up with 'Come off it, it's worth even more than £1.50, so get your hand in your pocket'. The seller looked at me with a look of shock, and the indian lad came out with the comment 'You Scare Me Boss!'. He ended up buying it for £1.50, and it was later on his stall for £5. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good weekend overall!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

Coxy

Post by Coxy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:53 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
SoupDragon wrote:One has the Yaroze Adventure Game on it which I remember I loving when it first came out for some reason :lol:
I picked that up a couple of weeks ago at the five stall local, It's frigging funny after a five minute play!
Went there this week and picked up a ninja (hero :P ) turtles cap and......
A boxed Donkey Kong Jr. Game and Watch without instructions or quick play leaflet but the battery warning one for 70p all in!
"Wiseman say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza"

Xbox Live: megawanger - Add me for Acheivement hunting or just add me!

James A

Post by James A » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Another nice haul today...

Resident Evil 3 (PS1) - 50p
Space Invaders Anniversary (PS2) - £1
Perfect Dark Boxed (n64) - £2
Streets Of Rage 2 (MD) - £2
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC) - £2
Mario Kart, Starfox, SF2, F Zero, Donkey Kong (SNES Carts) - £5
Xbox 360 controller - £3
Need For Speed Shift (PS3) - £2

Non Gaming wise picked up the Road audio CD for 50p, Couple of Angel boxests for £3 each & Iron Man 2 Blu Ray for £3.

Oh yeah forgot to add John Wilson Carp + Spinning fishings rods plus a John Wilson reel all for £20
Last edited by James A on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Today I got the following, all are in lovely condition.
GC Wario ware inc (NTSC-U) £1 not a rare game but still very happy with this as I have never found a US GC game at a caboot sale before
Xbox 360 Tekken 6 £2
PS1 Kurushi Final (no manual, but you never know I may be able to track one down at some point on ebay) £1
PS2 Activision Anthology 50p
PS2 Space Invaders Anniversary 50p
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

Ukretrogameaddict

Post by Ukretrogameaddict » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:08 pm

nokgod wrote:A lovely morning to be out and about...the sun was burning my back at 7 o'clock this morning :)

anyway this is what i found:

Pleased to find a 505 game. I never seem to come across them for some reason. The Akira Psycho Ball is a nice acquisition for my fledgling Pinball collection too!

The Gameboy is mint, no dead pixels or even a scratch....but the jewel in the crown has to be Grandstand Scramble :D It works beautifully and the sound is loud and crisp.
Well chuffed with it. 8)
nice move on the scramble tabletop :D

Ukretrogameaddict

Post by Ukretrogameaddict » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 pm

freemonk wrote:Well not to bad a weekend at all both from my parents home and from the Car Boots.

It all started on Saturday morning at the RSPCA Car Boot with the following:

Super Space Invaders, Cannon Fodder 2 and Micro Machines for the Amiga for 50p each
Kingdom Hearts 2 and Crash Nitro Racing for the PS2 for £1 each
Doom for the GBA for £1.50 and Simpsons: Road Rage for £1

I then went down to my parents home in search for my spare Atari 800 after my main one was knackered. Unfortunaly it was in a small cupboard, buried under loads of crap and my old toys and figures. In the end I ended up taking home my old Thundercats figures, my Tomb Raider Statues (3 off them, all boxed and complete) and my Turok 2 figures (all boxed and complete). My partner couldn't resist taking home my old school books and reports and having a good laugh at them at my expense with the word 'Geek' coming out of her mouth several times. I also found a few Amiga Action and The One (Atari ST, Amiga, PC) magazines as well.

I also managed to get my spare Atari 800 but it's Aeril lead was cut off, but an aeril lead put on it later and it now works like a dream, along with the Disk Drive and Tape Deck that I picked up the week before. Well chuffed.

I then found the following which I was well chuffed about, and completly forgot that my Dad put it to one side when he sold my Sega Saturn a long time ago:

All mint and complete apart from a very small tear on the top right of the cardboard box that holds the 2 Saturn cases. It even had an old piece of paper with a hand drawn map from myself all those years ago! :lol:

I'm going back down next weekend to go through the other cupboard and also sort out my draw beds as I have a lot of Nintendo Magazines and PS2 Magazines under there.

I then went to the normal Croft and A47 car boots today. Both were absolutly packed, and Croft turned out to be a great week, with the A47 being the weaker one. Anyway, here is what I picked up:

Mickey's Wild Adventure, One, Bubsy 3D, Monopoly, Overboard and Apocalypse (PS1) for 50p each.
OutRun Europa (SMS) for £1
NBA Jam T.E, The Simpsons: Bart vs The Space Mutants and the 5 empty GB cases for £2.50. I opened the NBA Jam box when I got home I it also had Sonic 2 and Columns inside as well. Bonus!!

Red Ninja (Xbox), Run Like Hell (PS2), Judge Dredd (PS2), Everybody's Golf (PS2), Bully (PS2) all for 50p each.
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2 and Activision Anthology (PS2) all 3 for £5
Commando 2 (PS2) for 75p
Ratchet and Clank, The Sims and Crash: Wrath of Cortex (PS2) for £1 each

Call of Duty: World at War (X360) for £2
Wipeout (Saturn) for £1
Final Fantasy X and X-2 Guides for £1 each
Grand Theft Auto 4 guide for £2
Transformers Annual for 50p and Transformers: Warrior Robot Game (love that name) for £1

And lastly, I got the following:

A Sega Menacer with Menacer game. Tomcat Alley, Road Avenger, Sol Fearce and Cobra Command (Mega CD). A Defender Spectrum 128k Light Gun. Arch Rivals, Sonic 1, Donald Duck and Ecco The Dolphin (Game Gear). All of that stuff for £10.

So a great weekend and to top it off, an indian lad who was a trader was trying to buy a really nice PS2 steering wheel. The seller was asking only £1.50 for it, and the trader was trying to get it for £1. He was being really pushy, so I piped up with 'Come off it, it's worth even more than £1.50, so get your hand in your pocket'. The seller looked at me with a look of shock, and the indian lad came out with the comment 'You Scare Me Boss!'. He ended up buying it for £1.50, and it was later on his stall for £5. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good weekend overall!

really great haul there FreeMonk - tomcat alley nice and boxed gamegear games to bonus!

Ukretrogameaddict

Post by Ukretrogameaddict » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 pm

here's a video of what i picked up this week - some great bargains!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ppDHOGP4t8

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:07 pm

For the first time in ages I didn't once hear the "Well on ebay" line
Off the car boot in Towyn
Cables, pads and plug in and play fiver.
He did ask for a tenner but I didn't show any interest (was tempted as there was a CD32 pad in there) but asked about the other games and things he had.
(Gameboys of every make, all not what Id call bargains) as a kinda thanks I helped him sell one of those fake ipads (Ok I put in a good word about it to a punter that had a interest)
Three cheeses (Two chilli one sticky toffee)

There was loads more games related gear on there. Nothing of interest to me

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Had my best haul in a while today.

Got an Acorn Electron complete with tape deck and 6 boxed games for £6, The Hunter (very obscure Midas RPG) and Bomberman for ps1 £1 for the pair, lastly stumbled across a collection of 50+ amiga demo cds from the late 90s many conatining full games £3 for the lot. Did come across another seller with Mega cd and dreamcast games going for pennies but I already had them all.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Neilos626 wrote:Had my best haul in a while today.

Got an Acorn Electron complete with tape deck and 6 boxed games for £6, The Hunter (very obscure Midas RPG) and Bomberman for ps1 £1 for the pair, lastly stumbled across a collection of 50+ amiga demo cds from the late 90s many conatining full games £3 for the lot. Did come across another seller with Mega cd and dreamcast games going for pennies but I already had them all.
Id of nabbed them anyway if they weren't the usual shite

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Normally I would have done,

but for anyone that has seen the latest pics of my collection will know that room is now at a premium. My days of hoarding 2 or 3 copies of the same game are over. lol
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net