Wii cheap knock offs?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 pm

nwosteve wrote:There is a shop in Great Yarmouth that has "auctions" for electrical equipment (inc video cameras, TVs and comps inc Wii and PS3). They only let a few people in at a time and promise "rock bottom, factory clearance prices" and have large bouncers on the door. Never heard any complaints and always wondered what the scam was. This may've answered the question.
I never noticed that one, where abouts was it?
Watching you sleep since 1990

321CannonFodder

Post by 321CannonFodder » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:35 pm

There is a shop in Great Yarmouth that has "auctions" for electrical equipment (inc video cameras, TVs and comps inc Wii and PS3). They only let a few people in at a time and promise "rock bottom, factory clearance prices" and have large bouncers on the door. Never heard any complaints and always wondered what the scam was. This may've answered the question.
There a scam I work for a hotel where once we let out the conference room for one of these "auctions" end of the day we had loads of complaints. They show TV boxes of big Sony flat screens and make you think that’s what your bidding for but you end up with a shitty 19inch sany rip-off that’s why they have big bouncers coz ppl kick off. Stay well clear.

resident paul

Re: Wii cheap knock offs?

Post by resident paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Looney wrote:
resident paul wrote:I went to Preston carboot today & saw this:
Where about in Preston? I may have a look. And probably a laugh too!
The outdoor Market place in the middle of Preston near the bus station.
The carboot is on the tuesday & thursday but some of the traders only use one of the days or the other one.

I took the pic on tuesday & the best chance to see it again.

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Pretty much guessed it was all a con. It's in Regent Road about a quatrer of the way up on the left hand side as you go up from the seafront.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:40 pm

321CannonFodder wrote:
There is a shop in Great Yarmouth that has "auctions" for electrical equipment (inc video cameras, TVs and comps inc Wii and PS3). They only let a few people in at a time and promise "rock bottom, factory clearance prices" and have large bouncers on the door. Never heard any complaints and always wondered what the scam was. This may've answered the question.
There a scam I work for a hotel where once we let out the conference room for one of these "auctions" end of the day we had loads of complaints. They show TV boxes of big Sony flat screens and make you think that’s what your bidding for but you end up with a shitty 19inch sany rip-off that’s why they have big bouncers coz ppl kick off. Stay well clear.
I wasnt planning to because theres no come back if theres a fault, I was just seeing where it was so I can make sure my friends and Familiy dont use it as I often end up in Yarmouth
Watching you sleep since 1990

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:10 am

Saw the same store today & still selling the three knock-offs at the same price.

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 am

The Vii was quite an interesting one, rather than being a famiclone it actually has games written for it. I'd love to take a look inside one of them...

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:33 am

Dudley wrote:Dr Ashens, who is awesome, covered it in this video review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wed_bW8iiEw
best youtube revew ever!

especialy the greengrass bit at the end :lol:
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Ha! That guy is brilliant! Just watched loads of his reviews :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I want a Vii though!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

321CannonFodder

Post by 321CannonFodder » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:14 am

Ha! That guy is brilliant! Just watched loads of his reviews I want a Vii though!
He was quite funny reminded me of Mark from Peepshow.