Does your Avatar speak volumes about you.?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroRik

Does your Avatar speak volumes about you.?

Post by RetroRik » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Basically do you get a vision of what someone looks like or is like just by viewing their avatar.?

Strange question but i reckon we pick an avatar that is close to our personnality... :idea: :?:

RIK

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Mine is basically the logo on my retro games website coloured differently, plus my name, so I have no idea what you think of me.

I do have ideas about people, though they're probably wrong!

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:30 pm

rhys makes me think you are a Welsh man.?

lol :wink:

RIK

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I do get an impression of people from their avatar choice, but only after I've seen them post a few times. And again, they're all probably wrong.

This is the only forum I use this one on. This is just a spare I had lying around unused. On most forums I have a Chao from Sonic Adventure dressed up in something of that forum's theme, but I'm still wondering what to do for here.
It's called a MEGADRIVE

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:42 pm

I picked mine because I found it funny...

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Some avatars give me an idea about their users. But then they go and change it to confuse me. :shock:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:58 pm

I got plenty of feedback about my new avatar at RF. It was basically a thumbs down due to it looking quite angry, which I hope the people that I met this weekend will testify is nothing like me.

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 pm

SirClive wrote:I got plenty of feedback about my new avatar at RF. It was basically a thumbs down due to it looking quite angry, which I hope the people that I met this weekend will testify is nothing like me.
He looks like an old man complaining about some young whippersnappers, to me, rather than angry :P

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 pm

SirClive wrote:I got plenty of feedback about my new avatar at RF. It was basically a thumbs down due to it looking quite angry, which I hope the people that I met this weekend will testify is nothing like me.
It looks mean :wink:

I just use wario as my avatar because he's my favourite character :)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:06 pm

RetroKingSimon wrote:
He looks like an old man complaining about some young whippersnappers, to me, rather than angry :P
Its pretty spot on then!!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Not sure why, after all, it's only Sir Arthur from the Ghosts 'n Goblins games isn't it? I like it better than your old avatar actually.

Mine's never really been a reflection of me af all asides from what kinds of movies/games I like....for years I had Toxie from Toxic Avenger/Crusaders, now I've got the little guy from Pang!. Go figure. :)

A lot of the time, people's sigs say more about them.
Last edited by ToxieDogg on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:it's only Sir Arthur from the Ghosts 'n Goblins games isn't it?
It is, but it has been custom drawn by Kevin Karsten the guy who is making the Retro Rescue laser disc style game. He has drawn a fantastic piece of artwork for us to use in a caption competition in the next WGTV. I just cut my characters head out and used it as an avatar. Plus, I wanted SirClive to be a knight, rather than a old baldy!

If anyone is interested in the Retro Rescue then have a look at this little feature I did on the game...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGMEuQy-KQ

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:15 pm

SirClive wrote:
RetroKingSimon wrote:
Its pretty spot on then!!
Well, I didn't like to say! ;)

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:17 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:A lot of the time, people's sigs say more about them.
:shock:

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm

SirClive wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:it's only Sir Arthur from the Ghosts 'n Goblins games isn't it?
It is, but it has been custom drawn by Kevin Karsten the guy who is making the Retro Rescue laser disc style game. He has drawn a fantastic piece of artwork for us to use in a caption competition in the next WGTV. I just cut my characters head out and used it as an avatar. Plus, I wanted SirClive to be a knight, rather than a old baldy!

If anyone is interested in the Retro Rescue then have a look at this little feature I did on the game...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGMEuQy-KQ
Had no idea about this, and I'm a huge fan of the Don Bluth (non) games. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it's on my highly anticipated games list now. :D Such a shame he never got to complete Kimberly's Quest, looks like he was doing a fantastic job with it.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!