Retro Fusion 2008 Reaction..

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:02 am

Could we stop the attendance now please ? With 3 people confirmed i stand a great chance of winning the arcade cabinet this time ;)

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:27 am

Well that's a bit closer to me as well...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Havantgottaclue wrote:
ZeroCipher wrote:If I can get some bits together it will be in Woking.

It's very accessable by train and car, it has one hotel attached to the venue and a holiday inn across the road.

I'm gonna start putting some ideas in the pot, if anyone has any ideas of what they would like or just general suggestions etc. Just PM me.
Woking's even better - just a few stops up the London Waterloo line from me. Count me (and the Atari XL) in!
I happy to turn in for an event like this, no matter where it is. Count me, the SNES, N64, C16 and CD32 in!!!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Lets keep the talk for other shows in there own thread and use this one to discuss Retro Fusion 08 ;)

Jetpacwilly

Post by Jetpacwilly » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:37 pm

I would go to any retro event in the country. I,ve been to 4 in total and they have all been excellent.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:07 pm

SirClive wrote:

Lets keep the talk for other shows in there own thread and use this one to discuss Retro Fusion 08 ;)

Blimey, said like a true moderator.... :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Turrican

Post by Turrican » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:01 pm

I haven't been on here properly for a while, so bear with me while I dust my ID off a bit... ;)

I've been to 3 of boyo's events, including this one. I can sympathise with Stacy's plight of travel, being a Kilmarnock boy myself, but once again it was worth it.

I'll do a couple of shoutouts then, shall I?

Daz - Good to see you again. By the way, that pic of you holding Robotron came out an absolute treat. I'll email you it soon.

Paul, Mike and the other RG team members - Nice interview and Rock Band skills respectively. Will no doubt see you guys again at the next one.

Merman - All I'll say is "shoot the civilians" (ongoing fusion gag... trust me on that)

Jet Set Willy - It was great to finally meet you. Like me you've been a forumite since the beginning and it was nice to finally chat to you.

Vinny M - I didn't know you were there til late on and I never really got a chance to talk. I'll get you next time (gadget.. lol)

Sir Clive - Top geezer. Think I may have impressed a Mancunian with my Gallagher-esque Oasis singing on Rock Band. Fair praise indeed.

Markopoloman and Milton - ALWAYS a pleasure to meet up with you two. It's been a long time since we had and I really hope it won't be too long before we do it again.

There were loads of you who have become regulars on the RG forums since I was last a frequent user and I have to say if I missed you or never got a chance to talk, I'm sorry, but the turnout was phenomenal and it was really good to see so many faces enjoying the event.

Boyo - Another fine job, sir. I don't know where you find the energy from, but I applaud you again for another top job and look forward to your next one, once you've had enough time to recover from '08.

Here's to Fusiion '09 :)
It's like an old pair of slippers, isn't it?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Turrican wrote: Sir Clive - Top geezer. Think I may have impressed a Mancunian with my Gallagher-esque Oasis singing on Rock Band. Fair praise indeed.
You sure did, wish I could lose my Manc twang as easy as you lost your Killy one.

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:19 pm

Well heres a load of photos and movies from the event.

I had to reduce the quality of the movies to fit them onto the webspace.

There still not too bad though considering they were taken on a regular digital camera. Bit dark some of them though. Oh well... :)

http://www.retroshak.plus.com/Fusion08

RIK

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Great work mate. Was hoping someone had catalogued the machines with a camera. Some top video's too.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 pm

RetroRik - have you got a high quality version of the PacMan Vs vid that I can get hold of (the one called ThreePlay.wmv)? I was really hoping that would be captured for the WGTV show.

Quite surprised how many of those vids show me playing games (sensi, time pilot, pac man vs) I actually thought I hadn't played much and had spent more time drinking, chatting and selling.

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 pm

witchfinder wrote:
Overheat wrote:* Playing on a terrible Neo Geo game with a guy from Huddersfield (and works in Liversedge - about 2 mins from me - amazing)
What game, out of interest? I'm guessing Blue's Journey... Was glad to see lots of people enjoying my Neo Geo, although I was a little worried when people left their pints close to the console - them things ain't cheap! ;)
Wasn't actually on a Neo Geo, but rather on one of the MAME cabs - Can't fully remember what it was called - something like Ninja Commando - hmmm... it had a rather naff system where the faster you pressed fire, the better you weapon became - got rather boring rather quickly tbh!
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

Pacman 83

Post by Pacman 83 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 am

Retro Fusion was indeed a great event. :wink:
Well done to Boyo and everyone else involved in the preparation for it, shame I couldn't stay on the Sunday but look forward to the future events.
Perfect Pac Man - Play Margate 22/08/2015
Highest Pac Man score of the golden age (1978-84)
3,221,000 19th June 1983

merman

Post by merman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:56 am

RetroRik wrote:Well heres a load of photos and movies from the event.

I had to reduce the quality of the movies to fit them onto the webspace.

There still not too bad though considering they were taken on a regular digital camera. Bit dark some of them though. Oh well... :)

http://www.retroshak.plus.com/Fusion08

RIK
The UnknownGame is Singstar, the UnknownSystem was a Logic3 Arcade Stick for the Gamecube (well, technically, a Gamecube running with a Gameboy Player - Pacman Vs requires a Gameboy Advance and up to 3 Gamecube pads)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

VinnyM

Post by VinnyM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am

Turrican wrote:Vinny M - I didn't know you were there til late on and I never really got a chance to talk. I'll get you next time (gadget.. lol)
eh? Gadget?

What do you look like, Turrican? I think I met nearly everyone.
Fancy viewing some Commodore 64 game endings? http://www.c64endings.co.uk
Old C64 games refreshed and revived: http://www.c64endings.freeolamail.com/h ... yhacks.htm