Where are they now?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

oldtimer

Re: Where are they now?

Post by oldtimer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:22 am

Well ive asked Darran if theres a chance he can do a plug about the forum at some point in the mag to bring a few in here.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:50 pm

"From the Forum" stopped existing in the magazine in the past year or so (or maybe longer, I've lost all concept of time) and is now just social.

Facebook Groups took most people away from forums most probably, which is a shame, as I find forums much better. The way Facebook Groups work, you get people constantly asking the same questions and making new posts for the same thing, whereas forums have better organisation.

I started visiting here more often in recent years as other forums I frequented fell by the wayside. I also bought a Switch last year so am actually gaming solo again. Though I probably still spend more time reading about games than I do playing them...

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:04 am

In the current state there will be breakouts of spontanous snowball fights before Facebook is graced by my presence.

Megalocade

Post by Megalocade » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm

I've only been here a less than a month but so far its pretty good, I don't usually do forums these days I used to back in the late 90s early 2000 on the old Sega and orignal Neogeo forums as it was all new then and you didn't get the in crowd problem that you get today so many gaming forums now are stuffy places and if you haven't been there since year dot then it's very hard to feel welcome people pounce on you for saying the slightest things its quite pathetic really, i don't do facebook or Twitter either people seem to live a life of fantasy on these platforms not only that but it's quite sad that you feel compelled to tell everyone what you had for dinner including photos hmmm 😁

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:43 pm

Hello to anyone that remembers me.
I thought of posting again as I was casually browsing, & I saw some topics that interested me.
I stopped posting a long time ago because of burn out, stopped subscribing to Retro Gamer & I also stopped buying retro games which I made a post of on the main forum.
Definitely the forum is not as busy as back in the day but good to see the old users are still here.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun May 15, 2022 7:27 am

Welcome back, i do remember your name on the forum before.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:22 pm

oldtimer wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:27 am
Welcome back, i do remember your name on the forum before.
Thanks. I remember you as well.