Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 02, 2021 7:38 am

Today, still a bit iffy from the jab. ITS BEEN A WEEK DAMN IT!
Working on things as usual, soldering stuff, making joysticks (Converted a USB on to work on Neogeo, looking at making one for the Switch because every controller ive seen for it has a censored D-pad)

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:36 am

I was rotten for about a week too Prin, the initial 3 days felt like the Flu from Hell.

Not much to report for today itself, since last update had pretty much perpetual ebay hell including one person who said nothing for a month and then filed a fraudulent purchase claim on his bank card and then multiple cases of ebay duplicating old tickets not just ruining my day but that of the poor barstewards who wanted to buy the items.

Been working on and off on Watch stuff too as part of the hobby effort the Pain Therapist told me to try, finally got the paint right on one thing only the put a rag on it and ruin it while cleaning the brushes so I had to start over but the aged strap seems to have gone well along with developing a really pleasent Leather scent and becoming incredibly supple.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm

Thanks to you guys for being the world's guinea pigs and turning up all the nasty side effects. :D

Mind you, despite all that forewarning the government here still ordered too much AstraZeneca and not enough Pfizer so I'm probably getting the former. Ah well, it's still only a one in 300,000 chance of something really nasty happening and those are considerably better odds than actually getting Covid.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:03 pm

Tbh it seems to happen more in those that are just more susceptable to stuff like flu etc but not always, the Old Man has a Lung issue yet just had tiredness for 3 days with the typical swelling to the shoulder joint and my Mum who has a list of issues that could reach the moon and back barely got more than tiredness either, it is supposedly worse in round 2 so I may have the Dog start digging a hole ready for the end of May when mine happens.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue May 04, 2021 10:53 am

Me and my wife had second jab. She had it bad first jab but was much better second jab so...?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 am

Who knows, just been whats said of those experiancing side effects, could be possible her body had built up a decent immunity so round 2 was a walk in the park to her anti bodies.
I won't know until the end of May how I do for round 2 but I will make sure means to aid it are there just in case as it needs doing regardless.

Today I woke up, felt rough as normal,in the early hours I found none of my Jackets fit to deal with the rough weather nor did the belt I'm supposed to wear with my suit for this wedding so more expense on top of the getting ripped off on ebay, Jackets will have to wait but ordered a nice real leather Job beltwise to match the shoes and watch band.
Now to find a Barber that does the works so I look less haggard.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 04, 2021 3:51 pm

TODAY well yesterday
Sorted a "New" laptop for a friend of my mum the other week all is fine with it, nowt special.
It has all the Windows login stuff on a sticky label on the top of the screen
Call from mum
Apparently he had a problem with it not logging in.
Cycle round to have a look, its not going online.
Press one button and its back on.
The problem im having is him wanting to give me money for such a simple thing. I might be in work right now but im not exactly struggling.
I didnt take the money for sorting such a simple problem and it seemed like I was being rude
He already over paid me for the laptop, (Was £100 gave me £140).
Anyway,
Today (really) getting back into soldering after botching something up months ago and loosing confidence in my skills, was a PAL SNES region mod with 50/60 switch, was way to tricky.
Mostly working on making arcade sticks for things. Made a Neo geo one. Going to work on another when im more in the mood, also a Switch arcade stick as bollocks to playing anything arcadey on those rubbish d-pads.
Then a PC Engine one, as bollocks (again) to playing shooting games on that small D-pad
Sega2006 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:57 am
Who knows, just been whats said of those experiancing side effects, could be possible her body had built up a decent immunity so round 2 was a walk in the park to her anti bodies.
I won't know until the end of May how I do for round 2 but I will make sure means to aid it are there just in case as it needs doing regardless.
Sister had the first jab the other day, she became really ill to the point where she couldn't walk, her other half had to carry her from the building to the car.
But she has a lot of pains going on (as well as the shoulder thing my other bother and sister get), im thinking its more of a stress thing. Have said that my mum should just take her on holiday when they can go and she can get away from things for a bit.

Im still a bit iffy, why it is always the breathing issue with me? Sodding Asthma when I was a kid.
Hoping the 2nd jab comes sooner rather than later,

LOOK MA! I DID TYPE SOME WORDS!!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 pm

I still need to find a solution to my soldering issue, my right hand has been awful the last few days for dropping things and obviously a hot Soldering Irons a real dangerous thing to drop and theres quite a queue for soldering.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 20, 2021 10:29 am

Today, well the other day rang the drs to get an appointment to see about my hearing problems, its a noise thing some noises seem to "hurt" today its like most noises are doing it, its making things unbearable
Im now waiting for the hearing department to get in touch

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 am

Been out walking a lot since Monday getting used to being back out in society. Think I've exhausted Netflix!

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:38 am

Walked round a garden centre with the Mrs .
Toooooooooo hotttt.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

merman

Post by merman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:14 am

Flatpack furniture to assemble, oh joy.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:15 pm

I have a flatpack desk to assemble. And a carpet to lay. And plywood to screw down over the Cheap MDF rubbish floor before the vinyl arrives. And the rest. This after 3 weeks of constant painting, papering and whatnot after gutting our house.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 am

Today I was going to go with the family to Llandudno to scatter some ashes.
Cant due to that new Covid thats there.
Was looking forward to getting out of town for a few hours as well

merman

Post by merman » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:05 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:15 pm
I have a flatpack desk to assemble. And a carpet to lay. And plywood to screw down over the Cheap MDF rubbish floor before the vinyl arrives. And the rest. This after 3 weeks of constant painting, papering and whatnot after gutting our house.
I cracked it, the secret of assembling flat-pack - get your brother & sister-in-law to do it for you :x

I still had to clear the room, demolish the old bed and cupboard and lift the packages of the new bed in from the garage though...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube