What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ALK

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by ALK » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:29 pm

AEW Dynamite- Pretty good debut episode for the new promotion. ITV botched it a bit editing out some stuff, but I'll certainly be watching every week.

Its up on ITV Hub if anyone wants to check it out.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:53 am

I have just started watching Stranger things, from season one. Never bothered getting Netflix, so it's been a long time coming.

And loving it :)

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:57 am

Matt_B wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:47 am
I enjoyed Yesterday. It's obviously good as Beatles homage, but also works as a humorous critique of the music industry and the obstacles it places in the way even of musicians who really do have some world class material to call upon. There's some laugh-out-loud comedy too.

On the downside Ed Sheeran seemed very wooden and a bit superfluous, and it rarely explores the consequences of a world that never had The Beatles. A couple of moments where it did suggests that they missed the chance to make something truly profound out of it. Still, it's worth a watch especially if you like the music.
I'm a massive fan of the Beatles, and when I first saw this movie I left the theatre both having enjoyed it and feeling disappointed, and had no idea why.

I later thought it was because I was expecting a few cameos- Perhaps Ringo driving a taxi, or George Harrisons son in cafe, that sort of thing. Having said that it was a movie I really enjoyed

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:01 am

merman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Loving the first two episodes of What We Do In The Shadows, spin-off from the film of the same name.
Keep an eye out for a show called Wellington Paranormal, by the same kiwi makers. Same deadpan humour and worth checking out.

I watched Slaughterhouse Rulz last night, featuring Pegg/Frost. It was okay, although far weaker than earlier movies featuring those guys

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:15 am

ALK wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:29 pm
AEW Dynamite- Pretty good debut episode for the new promotion. ITV botched it a bit editing out some stuff, but I'll certainly be watching every week.

Its up on ITV Hub if anyone wants to check it out.
Yeah it was good, I noticed WWE stepped their game up with Smackdown too, one of their best TV shows in a long time.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

merman

Post by merman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:14 pm

kiwimike wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:01 am
merman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Loving the first two episodes of What We Do In The Shadows, spin-off from the film of the same name.
Keep an eye out for a show called Wellington Paranormal, by the same kiwi makers. Same deadpan humour and worth checking out.

I watched Slaughterhouse Rulz last night, featuring Pegg/Frost. It was okay, although far weaker than earlier movies featuring those guys
They haven't shown it over here yet...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:14 pm

I've had some free time so I re-watched District9 and Chronicles of Riddick. Both films CGI have really aged badly - I remembered them having pretty solid effects but Riddick especially looked like a PS2 game - though still better than that Riddick film they made not so long ago (itself just a remake of Pitch Black but not as good, despite Katie Sackhoff getting her tits out).