What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by pratty » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Amazon and royal Mail who didn't deliver my christmas shopping. Say's it's been both delivered and also being returned and refunded! :? Never had any problems before, now I'm missing 5 christmas presents. Thanks.
Pratty's trade list, updated (June 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:16 am

My hermes

We have a real numpty of a deliverer

Basically, whom ever it is tried to deliver the parcel without trying about 6 times

Now in order to gain access to my front door you must ring the bell on the main door, this is also good as it means they know someones in, without ringing it you aint getting in

Even a child can grasp this concept

Thanks to them I wasted 5 days at home waiting in when I had work to do elsewhere

Now apparently the parcel has been sent back to the sender, I have left him/her a message to send it via a different firm
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm

ah ebay new year same crap. Got an imac for Mrs Rocky (an older 2011) seller send it in a massive box with just some bubble wrap round it. The keyboard, mouse, and plug just in a plastic bag. So the case as a nice dent in it, not even going to power it up. Opened a case, I get the feeling its not going to be an easy one
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

dste

Post by dste » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm
ah ebay new year same crap. Got an imac for Mrs Rocky (an older 2011) seller send it in a massive box with just some bubble wrap round it. The keyboard, mouse, and plug just in a plastic bag. So the case as a nice dent in it, not even going to power it up. Opened a case, I get the feeling its not going to be an easy one
How did the case go?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:41 pm

The end of the forum. So quiet. Not even Antiriad can deny it now!!! (Or was it psj?)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Allmost
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

The end of the forum. So quiet. Not even Antiriad can deny it now!!! (Or was it psj?)
Its not looking good is it ?
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 pm

I see some admirable efforts to revive and keep it going. Sadly the decimation that ran rife has taken the numbers right down. In some cases for the better but there is no room for elitism and bullying and cannot be seen to be tolerated. There are some people that are conspicuously absent from here even without the ban hammer and I do feel a bit sad for that.
Maybe some fresh faces would help.

I for one would be sad to see it completely go under and maybe we need to stop dwelling and just embrace whatever moving on brings. Whether it be renewed interest and fresh posts or the ultimate passing on of the forum.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 pm

shiftytigger wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 pm
I see some admirable efforts to revive and keep it going. Sadly the decimation that ran rife has taken the numbers right down. In some cases for the better but there is no room for elitism and bullying and cannot be seen to be tolerated. There are some people that are conspicuously absent from here even without the ban hammer and I do feel a bit sad for that.
Maybe some fresh faces would help.

I for one would be sad to see it completely go under and maybe we need to stop dwelling and just embrace whatever moving on brings. Whether it be renewed interest and fresh posts or the ultimate passing on of the forum.
I think I initially left due to some ganging up on something I said (nothing bad, just an opinion of a gamr I think will be rare), but started coming back on as I got back into Retro Gaming again.

Sad to see it not as busy but life tends to get in that way at times.

What grinds my gears lately is when someone thinks they know everything about anything but end up being caught out as a liar, in addition to shaking their leg that much you'd think you were in Japan. You cannot argue with the person about their exaggerative tales nor the 100s of jobs they did before the current one. Oh and they talk to you about literally everything and ask you stuoid questions when you are occupied with other things

Maybe a little too personal I guess but thought I'd let off steam. :)

A more funny Grinds my Gears Thing, the weather!
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 am

David Icke May have been onto something, given how my coworker sat next to me insists on having her own radiator plugged in behind the two of us and blasting out at full power. All day, every day :?

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Old grannies who drive Scoobys at 25mph and don't feckin indicate,
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 pm

People who do You Tube reviews of products without actually doing any research into what they are and do.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm

What grinds my gears lately is when someone thinks they know everything about anything but end up being caught out as a liar, in addition to shaking their leg that much you'd think you were in Japan. You cannot argue with the person about their exaggerative tales nor the 100s of jobs they did before the current one. Oh and they talk to you about literally everything and ask you stuoid questions when you are occupied with other things

Maybe a little too personal I guess but thought I'd let off steam. :)
Oh I’ve met a few of those types in my time. Just make up some real nonsense story and they will always have been there and done it, but in a much better way of course.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Arnie wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm
Oh I’ve met a few of those types in my time. Just make up some real nonsense story and they will always have been there and done it, but in a much better way of course.
If you have been to Tenerife then they have been to Elevenerife.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:13 pm

dste wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:04 pm
Arnie wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm
If you have been to Tenerife then they have been to Elevenerife.
:lol: So true.

What else grinds my gears, phone calls. I hate phones, if I want to speak to some one I’ll do it face to face, otherwise emails will do.