I buy 12 inch records
25%
I use a mix of mostly physical but some digital
13%
I use a mix of mostly digital but some physical
13%
I only buy digital music
4%
I listen to the radio(opional:put details as a reply)
8%

Total votes: 24

Treguard

Re: do you buy phsical music

Post by Treguard » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:20 pm

I buy CD's if it's of a band I want to support and I'm buying it direct from them. Amazon have enough money.

dste

Re: do you buy physical music

Post by dste » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Used to buy rather a lot of CD's when I was younger as I tried out new bands and genres but over the years it's pretty much just whittled down to picking up the latest CD's by my favourite bands.

Last ones I bought were Metallica's Hardwired... to Self-Destruct and Deftones Gore, both on day of release.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

I listen to the radio or put the music channels on Sky, I think the last time i purchased ANY music was probably over 10 years ago

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 am

I buy vinyl in the main - new, old, LP, 12 inch, 7 inch, 10 inch, whatever. I love it all - for home listening.

Then everything gets digitised (if it didn't come with a download included) for use in the car etc.

The only CDs I buy nowadays are the Fabric series (one per month) and the very occasional thing that hasn't been released on vinyl.

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Mainly vinyl for me, drives the missus insane!

lupogtiboy

Post by lupogtiboy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:39 am

I download a lot to see if I like it, if I do, I buy it on cd usually. Last cd's I bought were Paramore's new album, Against the Current and one other that escapes me now. I used to buy loads of singles when I was at college, mostly dance/trance stuff, but the cd single is pretty much dead these days. I'd love to buy vinyl but I have nowhere to keep it or play it! My dad has all his vinyl from back in the day (70's stuff) and when we cleared my nan's house out, she had a load of vinyl singles, so we've kept those.
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

its not a proper job, and you can never go too far

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Record shopping (as i still call cd shopping for some reason) is still one of the great joys in my life but sadly something i don't get to do too often anymore. I used to be able to go into the west end and spend the best part of the day drifting from record shop to shop, picking up weird and wonderful music. Now there's an average size HMV, Sister Ray and Fopp where there used to be three huge megastores and loads of small independents. I feel sad that physical releases are suffering but it's just the times changing and people changing with it. I still buy cds online and buying digitally just doesn't do it for me.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 pm

binaryRooster wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 pm
Record shopping (as i still call cd shopping for some reason) is still one of the great joys in my life but sadly something i don't get to do too often anymore. I used to be able to go into the west end and spend the best part of the day drifting from record shop to shop, picking up weird and wonderful music. Now there's an average size HMV, Sister Ray and Fopp where there used to be three huge megastores and loads of small independents. I feel sad that physical releases are suffering but it's just the times changing and people changing with it. I still buy cds online and buying digitally just doesn't do it for me.
Just on that subject, does anyone remember walking into Our Price and them having the listening modules? They had them for CDs. You went up to the desk with the CD and went away to the module(which had a CD player built into it and a set of headphones) and listened to the single or album of your choice, to decide whether to purchase it or not. I think other music shops probably did the same sort of the thing, even in the days of vinyl and tapes.

Walking into a lot of the big retailers(especially HMV), you notice how much their physical music department has now shrunk.

lupogtiboy

Post by lupogtiboy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Yeah I remember that! In my old Our Price they had like a tube with cd players built into it in one area of the store with the latest releases, and you could have a listen to decide if you wanted to buy or not. I also like having a thumb through there cd's to find that rare cd, even though they were usually horrendously expensive! I remember buying a Smashing Pumpkins album called Pisces Iscariot, it was an import at the time and was £18! Back in 1994 that was quite a lot of money when I was only on £30 a week (cash in hand job whilst I was at college!)

HMV seem to be more interested with DVD and Blurays these days, the actual music part has shrunk considerably. Its nice to see a return of vinyl though, but I wouldn't be buying one of those cheap suitcase players as every review I've read says they sound terrible!
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

its not a proper job, and you can never go too far

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 pm

lupogtiboy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 pm
HMV seem to be more interested with DVD and Blurays these days, the actual music part has shrunk considerably. Its nice to see a return of vinyl though, but I wouldn't be buying one of those cheap suitcase players as every review I've read says they sound terrible!
They do sound terrible - but they are a cheap way of being able to play ancient 78s through a decent amp. My Technics decks are Mark 2s, so no 78rpm option.