Name the toy!

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Massive Kersal

Name the toy!

Post by Massive Kersal » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:09 pm

I've just finished reading `TV Cream Toys` which kind of got me thinking about the different things I had when I was a kid. One particular line of figures has me completely stumped as far as their name goes - can anyone shed any light?

They were your typical sword and sorcery type figures (of He-Man/Thundercats size rather than Star Wars) and must of been around between 1984-1986.

The main gimmick that they had were that their faces `transformed` when you lifted their torsos up slightly. In real life, the covering that was their facial `skin` tightened in order to resemble something else. I seem to remember that the leader of the goodies resembled a lion after the transformation had taken place but other characters were skulls, eagles etc.

So essentially He-Man mixed with a bit of Manimal, but I can't seem to find anywhere that says what they were called. They definitely weren't - He-Man, Thundercats, Visionaries, Dungeons & Dragons, Sectaurs or Supernaturals either.

Someone must be able to put me out of my misery?!

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:18 pm

purely based on your descriptions try this:

http://www.action-figures.ca/infaceables.htm

If its not right just check out the website anyway, I find it an interesting read as I grew up the 80's and had countless action figures.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Massive Kersal

Post by Massive Kersal » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Fantastic tekaotaku - those are the ones!

I can rest easy now.....

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Never heard of those before. An interesting idea, but not very well executed - all the figures look rather bloated and distorted, not at all the heroes we all wanted to be (like He-Man, but less camp).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 pm

I always wanted to be she-ra:princess of power...........thankfuly for my sake and my parents I outgrew that idea and become a happy hetrosexual male, although my girlfriends underware is very, VERY, comfortable!! lol

video-gamer-girl

Post by video-gamer-girl » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:27 pm

tekaotaku wrote:I always wanted to be she-ra:princess of power...........thankfuly for my sake and my parents I outgrew that idea and become a happy hetrosexual male, although my girlfriends underware is very, VERY, comfortable!! lol
:lol:

well i wanted to be like He-man isnt she-ra he-mans twin sister?

i was a complete tomboy as a kid.. i am still a tomboy now! i hated dolly's and girly stuff

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:11 pm

video-gamer-girl wrote:

i was a complete tomboy as a kid.. i am still a tomboy now! i hated dolly's and girly stuff
I think they were cousins or something.........you was a tomboy and I wasnt, apprently Id managed to block out all the girly stuff I used to do, I think its becasue Im the youngest male of 5, my 2 older brothers were well into there teens before I was born, as was my eldest sister, but my other sister, there was only 3 years between us so I used to play "pram" alot with her............I didnt belive it until you see me with the barbie dolls in some of the family photos, mind you was 4 or 5 in them so thats my excuse, and Im bloody well sticking to it......lol

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:15 pm

video-gamer-girl wrote:
tekaotaku wrote:I always wanted to be she-ra:princess of power...........thankfuly for my sake and my parents I outgrew that idea and become a happy hetrosexual male, although my girlfriends underware is very, VERY, comfortable!! lol

Yeah, she is his twin sister. I used to have loads of He-Man and the Masters Of The Universe figures when I was younger, and even a She-Ra figure (which because it was aimed more at girls, was pretty much just a dolly with a sword, it had proper hair and everything and came with a little hair brush :oops: ) I even loved the movie with Dolph Lundgren's terrible acting and rubber faced Skeletor. :lol:

I remember those Infaceables too, I never had any though.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:14 pm

tekaotaku wrote:purely based on your descriptions try this:

http://www.action-figures.ca/infaceables.htm

If its not right just check out the website anyway, I find it an interesting read as I grew up the 80's and had countless action figures.
God that's a blast from my past,it's what my mum bought me for my friend michael's birthday gift,to take to his party.

Nice memory of a nice time in my childhood !
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

Grave Centipede

Post by Grave Centipede » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:39 am

Hello
Infaceables! I had the purple one and as it says in the article it got a small nic on the top of the head. They are pretty crap after that :)

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 am

I used to finger Teela's and She-Ra's tits
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip