Retro trainers

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

RetroMartin

Re: Retro trainers

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Never seen the big deal with footwear, might be because I have size 13 and a half feet so most trainers never fit and I can't afford to have them made.

I used to just buy Hi-tech trainers for 20 quid when I was younger (yet still had larger feet then most) (or my parents bought them at least) cos I couldn't give a crap, how often do you stare at people's feet anyway? Boobs and eyes are much further up :p

I currently have some Kamimor trainers that I got for like 30 quid....a pair of police patrol/army boots, a pair of magnum boots, some tatty black shoes and a pair of REALLY nice looking only-worn-four-times-ever shoes that set me back 55 quid but look UBER swanky.

Yeah I can't be arsed with footwear, and the boots I didn't pay for, they were job related for free lol!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:07 am

I bought a cracking pair of Adidas ZX last week. Navy Blue - but slim and narrow, not the chunky ones.

Anyway - check out the website with Retro feel!! Do I spy a Famicom??

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/zxfamil ... dascom=com

Strangely, my ZX aren't on the ZX website. How queer.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Just bought a pair of these. They only came out at midnight and are limited numbers. Already seen a few pairs on eBay for almost double the price.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Does Ian know you've got his trainers?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Am toying with the idea of getting some Nike Air Force 1 trainers I seen at JD Sports in oldham, only thing am not sure on is they have glow in the dark soles and tick, can't find the actual pair on the JD site but they are very similar to these http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike- ... -lo/30568/ probably an instore exlcusive, they did it with some Nike Cortez I got a few years back at present wear, the usual canvass no named trainers either black or grey. And am yet to wear my Vans Tory trainers.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 am

Been wearing a red pair of basic, 80s-style Saucony Jazz recently, they are comfy as f*ck, I really like the classic designs rather than the over-elaborate robot-style running shoes you get these days.

Never had a pair of Hi Tech Silver Shadow back in the mid-80s so am thinking of purchasing a pair, seeing as they always looked so comfy and Sports Direct are doing them for about £20.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Managed to snag a pair of black & white Adidas Gazelles from TK Maxx, £20 in the "clearance" section, only one pair and luckily was in my size (11). Best barg I've had in there for aaaages. :D

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Am just about to buy a pair of these (well I will on 1st April when they become available). The burgundy ones are what I want and there are only 50 being made (though I am tempted to get the dark blue ones as well) :)

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 pm

^They are well-snazzy, in a low-key way (which i like). Bet they cost a f*cking bomb, mind. I like Puma, I'd love to get another pair of navy 'Roma', they were probably my favourite ever trainers. :D

I only really bother with Adidas or Puma, really, they have the best stripes and usually have the most robust build quality. It's funny how both companies came about, two brothers falling out.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 am

They are only £70. You get a matching argyle scarf and they are in limited edition whiskey style boxes. Just hope I am quick enough to grab a pair.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 am

SirClive wrote:They are only £70. You get a matching argyle scarf and they are in limited edition whiskey style boxes. Just hope I am quick enough to grab a pair.
They look quality matey.. if you're buying presents I'll have the Blue ones me old china... :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 am

I love you mate, but not that much :)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 am

Missus got me a pair of Nike Vintage Oregon Waffles...damn can't upload any more photos!

http://size.co.uk/product/Vintage%20Ore ... sive/83606

Just as good as the original, the Oregon Waffle is embodiment of Nike's beginning. Utilising the circa 1974 sole that made history, this size? exclusive features the Waffle sole design that changed traction and training forever. It features a nylon and worn effect suede upper, retro inspired tongue and the iconic swoosh adorns ths sides.

They're my third pair of Waffles. I usually stick to Adidas and Onitsuka Tiger, but Nike Waffles are lovingly retro.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

retrogoodies

Post by retrogoodies » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:30 pm

love my adidas zx600 and did get a reissue pair a few years back ,sweet trainer`s
retrogames for sale at http://retrogoodies.ebid.net

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm

I've got a serious addiction to old school Air Jordans. I'm currently rocking the 3's and planning to visit Niketown on Saturday to see what else they have. I'm very fussy with the trainers I get, which can be expensive!

Being a basketball fan I used to dig Air Force 1's when they weren't so common here. Now they're in every JD Sports in a million different colours and just seem a bit pikey to me. Shame.
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com