EIGHTIES MUSIC.

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat May 17, 2008 7:39 am

necronom wrote:I heard Doctor Doctor yesterday at work. We used to listen to All 80s Radio, but a week or two ago we switched to 977 Music.

Anyone else have any good ones they use?
Nice! What area do you have to be in to receive those (or is it DAB or Internet radio)

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat May 17, 2008 7:40 am

woody.cool wrote:
necronom wrote:I heard Doctor Doctor yesterday at work. We used to listen to All 80s Radio, but a week or two ago we switched to 977 Music.

Anyone else have any good ones they use?
Nice! What area do you have to be in to receive those (or is it DAB or Internet radio)
Whoops - didn't notice that they were links as my browser didn't underline them like it normally does (how odd!?!)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat May 17, 2008 7:59 am

im listening to that All80sRadio now. its not bad. all i need now is an 80's rock station and im all set!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat May 17, 2008 11:56 am

woody.cool wrote: Whoops - didn't notice that they were links as my browser didn't underline them like it normally does (how odd!?!)
It's not your browser, it's the daft settings of this forum. I've moaned a few times about it, but nothing has been said about changing it. I usually manually add the underline, but it's a hassle.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat May 17, 2008 12:45 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:i really fancy listening to the song now.......damn me for not having a vinyl player near me, and the missus for finding all the vinyl in the first place. if it wasn't for her, i wouldn't have gone back to find those singles.......

KNACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
Well just go here, click on show 4 and you can hear it right at the start :)
Whilst its not the full song, it'll get your juices flowing ;)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat May 17, 2008 12:48 pm

SirClive wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:i really fancy listening to the song now.......damn me for not having a vinyl player near me, and the missus for finding all the vinyl in the first place. if it wasn't for her, i wouldn't have gone back to find those singles.......

KNACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
Well just go here, click on show 4 and you can hear it right at the start :)
Whilst its not the full song, it'll get your juices flowing ;)
shamless self promoting there :wink:
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Sat May 17, 2008 4:41 pm

I prefer the 'Twins 'We Are Detective' - a marvellous little edgy number.

Sooooo many '80s compilations have recently been released. Sadly, all but the odd song is already in my collection. Went into HMV today and they were playing Smash Hits of the 80s - a GREAT 3disc collection. Makes a change from hearing the usual dross in-store, too. :D

Have a vinyl player but haven't used it in years - don't seem to find the time. Have had same Hi-Fi since 1986 - a Pioneer with 6disc CD-player. Must dust off some records and give them a spin. 8)

Annoyed about Journey's latest release. We Brits will get only the 2disc version whereas buy it from Wal-Mart and you get 3discs. One problem - Wal-Mart refuse to do business outside of America. GAH!

Can't wait for 19 June - Journey for the first time. Woo Hoo!

Just been listening to 'The Handy Wah! Whole, Songs from the Repertwah!: The Maverick Years 2000', a compilation of Pete Wylie's career. Has a favourite of mine - Sinful. And followed that with a Fuzzbox collection - Pink Sunshine indeed! :D

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Sun May 18, 2008 11:02 am

Sputryk wrote:I prefer the 'Twins 'We Are Detective' - a marvellous little edgy number.
Edgy?? Pah! Listen to 'We Are All Prostitues' by The Pop Group if you want edgy or 'Love Song' by The Passage.
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 am

Frank Chickens wrote:Listen to 'We Are All Prostitues' by The Pop Group if you want edgy or 'Love Song' by The Passage.
Think you got your songs / bands the wrong way round - Surely it should be "'We Are All Prostitues" by The Passage :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:11 pm

Zilog wrote:I remember being well into the Streetsounds 'Electro' compilations from 1984 onwards.

http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/beats/streetsounds.php
Anyone for Herbie Hancock or Whodini?
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 am

1500graham wrote:
Zilog wrote:I remember being well into the Streetsounds 'Electro' compilations from 1984 onwards.

Yes me.

"It's all in Mister Magic's wand"

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm

djcarlos wrote:
1500graham wrote:

Yes me.

"It's all in Mister Magic's wand"
Let's not forget Afrika Bambaataa.
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 am

i managed to score some more Duran Duran singles recently.

Union Of The Snake and New Moon On Monday.

the second one being my absolute favorite.

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 pm

I've just been listening to "Greatest" in the car. "Union Of The Snake" has just finished, and the next track is "New Moon On Monday" :D