New Commodore User Who Needs Help

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mr.Corruption

New Commodore User Who Needs Help

Post by Mr.Corruption » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:30 pm

I'm sure many of you have seen this more times than you can count, but alas, here I am.

Today I purchased a large Commodore and Amiga collection from someone who used to run a Commodore Club where I'm at. All the stuff I got is absolutely mind blowing to me. I've worked in a video game store for almost 5 years and haven't ever seen anything like all this.

Tonight I was trying to get some games going and couldn't really make any head way. I started up a C128D and threw in a "burned" copy of Zork to try out (sorry if that's not the correct term) I have a fast load C64 cartridge in the expansion slot so it automatically loaded the C64 interface. I had the drive set to "8" and tried loading up the game. All I got was something along the lines of disk read error, or couldn't find disk. Tried a few more games and almost all of them had the same issue.
Finally I hooked up a 1571 drive to try that out, again, same issue. This guy took care of his stuff, it's all in amazing condition so I have a hard time believing that both drives are broken. However, on both disk drives, the green light will continually blink after I get that error.

Any help would be great, or if anyone wants to give me any advice for this stuff, that'd be great. There's so much more equipment I have to mess around with.

Arnie

Re: New Commodore User Who Needs Help

Post by Arnie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

Have you tried without the cartridge plugged in to see if you can get a directory list in either 128 or 64 mode. LOAD"$",8:LIST in 64 mode, just press F3 in 128 mode. that will tell if any disks are readable at all.